Dec 9, 2016
Round 18 - Mexican Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 4th March 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @yobbo @Amstar27 @TheIgorMC

Last edited:

TheIgorMC

Pro Karter
Sep 5, 2017
Not gonna make it for tonight and for the next races, sorry guys. Been fun to race with you anyways and I hope i'll be able to attend the next season till the end.

Amstar27

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 11, 2017
still missing this race ... but I would be present for the other if all is well good race

Skinner

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2017
See you in the Stewards panel boyossssssss

Nah but I just got a bit unlucky really, especially coming into pit lap 1, being stuck waiting for @EversVincent to change his front wing, and then having intermediate tyres put on my car.

Kevin Kalt

Formula Karter
Aug 31, 2017
bullshit Race for me...

Discord went down, then suddenly the race started on my screen but the sound was buggy. I had no Idea if the race was actually live or not.

THen i went into Turn 1 on the outside, got pushed wide because there was carnage on ther inside.

I was ppushed on the grass, lost the car and spun back on the track...very sorry, i think i hit skinner...

Skinner

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2017
THen i went into Turn 1 on the outside, got pushed wide because there was carnage on ther inside.

I was ppushed on the grass, lost the car and spun back on the track...very sorry, i think i hit skinner...
You hit the other Sauber, I was the one you had to go round the outside of one the first corner though, I had to try and avoid a bit on the inside and ran a bit deep

**** happens, especially after such a long run to turn 1

Bobo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 17, 2017
Hi guys could you please take a look on that accident and give me your opinion on it?
https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/f8-mexico-incident-between-_d4mn_-vs-miroslaw.30911/
From my point of view:
1. I gave him a lot of space into corner #1 as I should which kinda shows that I didn't want to defend my position at all cost.
2. I didn't lose the position to @_d4Mn_ as he stated on his thread as you can see on top left corner as well as I didn't simply slip but was touched while trying to follow racing line so I can fit in to corner #2.
3. You can see that he runs wide after missing breaking point in that corner by looking at the racing line in his game which caused the accident as I simply had no space on the track going into #2.

I just would like to hear your honest opinion knowing both points of view as I think it was either his fault or just a racing accident.
In my opinion he was desperate for the position and was pushing to the limits which resulted in the collision which is strange knowing that I was simply faster during the entire race.

Be honest, I just want to know your opinion guys. I will take all the critique.

@yobbo , @return , @Sabba7h , @TheIgorMC , @TheVerenzak , @Fersiphion , @n0body_ ,@Saketh , @Kevin Kalt , @Breakdown , @Thezz , @Amstar27 , @Kazy , @Steffe , @Hinyaldee

Sabba7h

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Hi guys could you please take a look on that accident and give me your opinion on it?
https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/f8-mexico-incident-between-_d4mn_-vs-miroslaw.30911/
From my point of view:
1. I gave him a lot of space into corner #1 as I should which kinda shows that I didn't want to defend my position at all cost.
2. I didn't lose the position to @_d4Mn_ as he stated on his thread as you can see on top left corner as well as I didn't simply slip but was touched while trying to follow racing line so I can fit in to corner #2.
3. You can see that he runs wide after missing breaking point in that corner by looking at the racing line in his game which caused the accident as I simply had no space on the track going into #2.

I just would like to hear your honest opinion knowing both points of view as I think it was either his fault or just a racing accident.
In my opinion he was desperate for the position and was pushing to the limits which resulted in the collision which is strange knowing that I was simply faster during the entire race.

Be honest, I just want to know your opinion guys. I will take all the critique.

@yobbo , @return , @Sabba7h , @TheIgorMC , @TheVerenzak , @Fersiphion , @n0body_ ,@Saketh , @Kevin Kalt , @Breakdown , @Thezz , @Amstar27 , @Kazy , @Steffe , @Hinyaldee
In my explicitly honest opinion, I think it was truly avoidable. A faster car, D4mn, was passing as you emerged from the pits. Firstly you pulled out right in front of him as he arrived, which, though it is legal because you were past the white line, because of the massive speed difference, it would have only made sense to have just waited for him to pass. Secondly, After turn one, you turned too far to the right when you were preparing for turn two. Had you not done so and gone through turn two and then the two of you collided, it would have been his fault because you had the corner. You two were no longer in turn 1 during the collision, and you clearly turned to the right from his footage. It would have made more sense to have just stuck to the back of him and attempted a pass in turn four. That, or if you thought you were faster (which in my opinion, from the footage it appears you clearly were) just have waited until the next lap when you would have had DRS and made your move on the front stretch or after turn 3, as I did with Steffe here:

That would have made more sense and been a better overtaking selection. Just try to race cleanly next time and be a little more patient with passing drivers. There's a reason why dirty air is such a concern; Drivers need to stay in it so when they do try to make a pass it's not a bad and potentially race-jeopardizing one.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Hinyaldee