PS4 - Round 18 - Mexican Grand Prix [12/01/20 8PM UK Time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 18 - Mexican Grand Prix [12/01/20 8PM UK Time]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Jason007

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Round 18 - Mexican Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 12th January 2020
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Joost (Pending)
@Jason007
@Bashful4
@Antonio Sapienza
@ramma

Last edited:

Bajer7928

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 14, 2019
@Jason007 will you host the race, because im home at my mother and usually we have issues with connection. It worked fine last week with Phillip because I was at my dads' house

Actually i don't mind who host

Last edited:

Jason007

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Unfortunately gentlemen, I will not be attending this race. I'm out and about with the family and won't make it back home in time for the race. Qualy and race results screens are much appreciated! Good luck to all tonight!

Reactions: ColinRMason

Bajer7928

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 14, 2019
Q:1
Race:1

Managed to get pole positon and win the race.

I had a pretty good lap one and I was leading with 2 seconds after the first lap, however from lap 4 onwards on the soft tyre I struggled and I pitted on lap nine for Medium tyres I didn't want to run 26 laps on the hards, that would have been a strech. I then managed to overtake some cars on track who was driving on worn tyres.

Then I pitted for the second time, knowing that Kelvinn and Okekes tyres would be very very worn at the end, I managed to overtake both drivers, despite I was 12 seconds behind Okeke after my second stop.

I think the onestopper with Medium to Hard was the way to go. But when I pitted I was leading with 6 seconds or something like that, and I knew that Kelvinn and Okeke had lost time to the guys who were running on the soft tyre on the first stint, which enabled me to be relatively close to both guys after my second stop, especially Kelvinn. Okeke was 12 seconds ahead but his tyres were pretty worn compared to mine.

Looking forward to the next race in the states, should be a cracker with loads of penalties haha ;).

ColinRMason

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 4, 2019
Q:2nd
R:4th

Delighted with my Qualifying to get first front row in AOR!

Had pretty good getaway at start, but lost part of front wing on 2nd corner. No ones fault, just a bit unlucky. (3 into one dont go!)

Decided against pitting for new wing straight away and wait for scheduled pitstop as damage was minor. I then switched to mediums to have softs again for final stint and managed to make my way up to 4th setting fastest lap on route!

Delighted with my AOR career best finish!
Had great battle with @Kellvinnr3, great clean and fair racing. And Congrats on podium!

Congratulations to @Bajer7928 on race win and to @Okeke21 on 2nd!

Onto USA!!

Last edited:

Okeke21

Pro Karter
Apr 17, 2019
Q: P6
R: P2

Quali was ok, considering most people were qualifying on the softs, the lap put me in a decent position for the race.

Race started tricky - @Bajer7928 started upfront and gapped 2nd place quite quicky, and when trying to get in front of P2-P5, it was difficult as we were stuck in a DRS train going down the straight. I managed to overtake @L3W1_UK and @ColinRMason on lap 4 and 6 respectively, then once WULF1_FIOF1 pitted at the end of lap 6, I went to chase derrrick850 for 2nd and managed to get onto the back of him on lap 8 and overtake him on lap 9 into turn 1. Bajer then pitted on the end of that lap and with that clear air I tried to just get some consistent laps in before pitting at the end of 15 with @Kellvinnr3 following me in on the same lap. However when we came back out, we were behind WULF and derrrick again, who had pitted onto softs, which meant losing a bit more time to Bajer. I managed to overtake derrrick into turn 4 and with WULF pitting I went to chase Bajer again before his next stop. But once he stopped, he only came out around 10 seconds behind me, although behind Kellvin and Colin. I knew I had penalties which would of made the win difficult, but wanted to at least win on track, but onto lap 34, Bajer caught up and overtook me. With DRS I managed to stick with him till the end and made one attempt at overtaking into turn 4, but the tyre delta was too large.

GG all and on the win @Bajer7928 and 3rd @Kellvinnr3, see you all next week :)

Link to my POV here if anyone wants to watch :)

DonSteeringwheel

Formula Karter
Jul 19, 2019
I didn’t practice much this week due to work and so I was really happy with my qualifying on mediums.

For the race in lap one turn one was alright, in turn two I see @MrRobinhx a little late and touch him. He didn’t get affected by that and I was able to control my car. Into turn four a Renault spins in front of me and stands sidewise on the track so that I can’t go anywhere and kind of T-bone him.. race over in lap one..

Salvo Failla

Formula Karter
Aug 9, 2018
Q: P7
R: P9

In my video there isn't the race start because I had a problem with the steering wheel so I had to set it.

Reactions: Jason007