PC - Round 18 - Mexican Grand Prix [12/01/2020 - 08:00pm UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 18 - Mexican Grand Prix [12/01/2020 - 08:00pm UK]

HaiCo

Moderator & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Round 18 - Mexican Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 12th January 2020
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Mexico.png

Confirmed no-shows:
- @xDerpOG
- @Fveerkamp

Last edited:

HaiCo

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
As you all clearly noticed already, the layout on the image above is Italy. Now don't panic, they didn't change the layout of the circuit in Mexico. We will drive on the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, ignore the image for now.

Fizzymon

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2018
As you all clearly noticed already, the layout on the image above is Italy. Now don't panic, they didn't change the layout of the circuit in Mexico. We will drive on the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, ignore the image for now.
Dammit looks like I should stop practicing monza.....

• Funny
Reactions: MrPeaceTyp

HaiCo

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Fixed it. Hopefully nobody practiced Monza :coffee:

Reactions: Fizzymon

Kiinako

S14 AOR PC F7 Champion
Sep 20, 2017
This is not aimed at anyone personally, because almost everyone does this:
I swear to God, does it really hurt you that much to not be f*cking maniacs on the first lap??? Besides unironically not being able to remember Singapore, ALL of the last four races had been absolutely shat on by some hero thinking a race with OVERTAKE ASSISTANTS will be won in T1.

I don't care what your reasoning for your actions are, learn how to race before entering a league. If you really want to hotlap for 45 minutes, either go play singleplayer, online lobbies or get good enough for esports. /rant

Tudor900

S18 AOR PC F7 Champion
Jun 23, 2018
P2 in quali, good result. I accidentaly pressed 'reset to track' while forming on the grid. Start was good, P1 by the 3 corner. Had a little battle with @TRL_graveltrap then i was gone. by the time i pitted i had a 7-8 sec gap behind. 1 stop was the strategy to go. Soft to hard. From then on i cruised to the end. I stayed for the hole stint in the 1.19's. GG to everyone and see you on next week for America!

t0mzz

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
Pretty OK race for me considering I almost haven't practiced at all.

My plan for quali was to do only one flying lap on the mediums in the last seconds of the session but I forgot to choose the medium tyre compound and went out on softs so I chose not to do the lap and come back into the pits. P15 it is then.

Took a cautious start and stayed behind everyone to avoid wing damage going into the first few corners. I tried to stick to the group of cars @HaiCo was in as he started on the mediums too but I didn't have the same pace. On lap 15 I decided to undercut my teammate @Maxxwil ahead who was also on a 1-stop M-H strategy so I wouldn't get held up in the pits (idk if it's still a thing on this game but I wanted to make sure that didn't happen). Lap after lap I was getting closer and closer to him and I decided that he would be my target til the end of the race. Ultimately I managed to get past him in the main straight and pull away to finish P8 at the chequered flag which eventually became P6 due to penalties from a couple of guys ahead.

Overall not a too bad result considering I don't like this track and I practiced for about 8 laps. I probably won't have much practice for COTA either as I'll take part in the iRacing Rolex 24 this weekend but it's a much more pleasing track to drive than Mexico.

Congrats to @Tudor900 on the win & see you in Texas, yeeha!

MrPeaceTyp

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 8, 2018
Awesome Quali P1. The dream came true. After already winning my first Race in Monza this season, I ve reached my goals. Once starting from P1 and once finishing there; and seasons not over yet
Was a pretty Clean lap, I will post it later!

Then 5 red lights, from Pole. What a feeling looking back at all those racers behind.

There we go. Dropped from P1-> P3 in less then one lap. Held me there for a long time, until @addherelater overtook me way too aggresive at the end of my first stint in lap 10. Lost time, then my tyres died. @HaiCo overtook me and after lap 10 I did it to drop down to P8 while driving into the pits.

What a shame. 8 places behind where I started.
I knew I had pace to start a comeback. Came out of pits on p12. Was driving fast, super fast. Until @trumpa94 was infront of me. When I tried overtaking him, he shunted into my car. Consequence was a great Spin in T1, which cost me Like +8 secs.

In the end finished p4 on track. Flew Back to p7.. went for +15 secs from penalties.
What a Raceweekend. Funand not so much fun at the same time.
But all in all always fun. Thanks ! Murica Next

Last edited: