PC - Round 18 - United States Grand Prix [03/03/2019 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 18 - United States Grand Prix [03/03/2019 08:00PM]

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 18 - United States Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 3rd March 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @TheVerenzak

Levingston

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 15, 2017
So the Bermuda triangle of Americas (USA,Mexico,Brazil) is starting with this one once again! Hate it...

Reactions: Mali Baćo

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Last race I'm gonna miss this season. Thank god it's this one out of the last 4, it's the only one I don't like.

@Neil Bywater would you be so kind to provide me with screenshots of the results again? Or just scroll through it and include it in your video, that would do it as well. Thanks :)

Good luck to y'all!

Frihman

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 1, 2018
Q didn't go as planned, the screen froze which ruined my final flying lap. Usually P11 is an excellent starting position, but of course the one time i get that P11, it holds no benefit thanks to the rain...

The race couldn't have gone better honestly. I kept the mistakes to a minimum and had decent pace.

Not looking forward to Mexico next week, my least favourite track...

xDerpOG

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jun 17, 2016
Well that was good fun.

@Mali Baćo kept me on my toes almost the entire race. I formed a gap at the beginning of about 5-6 seconds while we had heavy rain then as the track started drying out, the gap started slowly coming down. There was a bit of fluctuation in the gap as it was all about who was brave enough to carry more speed in the wet. I think we were really both pushing each other to our limits. It was down to about 3 seconds at the time we went on to slicks with 11 laps to go. The final 3 laps we started battling and it came down to the final sector. Mali then got one of the codemasters special "illegal overtake" on my and had to let me through before the final corner. Other than that he would have crossed the line first but it wouldn't have mattered as I didn't have any penalties.

Either way congrats on the podiums @Mali Baćo and @Levingston

See you all in Mexico.

Last edited:

cata82

Pro Karter
Sep 8, 2018
Congrats to the winner and the podium guys @xDerpOG , @Mali Baćo and @Levingston.

For me qualy was good but made some little mistakes on my best lap and couldn't really challenge for the pole. Had some more pace, just couldn't materialize.

Race was really fun, again. This time i made a good start, was on 2nd place for the first couple of laps. both @xDerpOG and @Mali Baćo were faster than me on the full wets, so by the time we changed to Inters Mali had passed me so i was in 3rd place. On Inters i had good pace, was closing a bit to Mali or so i felt, when suddenly the game decided to minimize to desktop and i found myself staring at my desktop background picture...first time it happens to me and it's not a good feeling. Alt-Tab back to the game and was relieved that i didn't lose any positions, just a couple of seconds while the car was on auto pilot mode.

Track was drying and i decided to make a gamble and change to SSs, track seemed fine to me but unfortunately it was 1 lap too early. At the end of all tire changes, i lost another 2 places, down to 5th. From there until the end just controlled the distance back to @Frihman as @Diallo and @Levingston were too far ahead of me and with similar or faster dry pace.

Interesting race, tense, fun, good guys and an all around enjoyable experience once again.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Mali Baćo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 17, 2018
My, oh my. What an amazing race! Thank you everyone for congratulations!

After a busy week, I didn't find much time to practice for COTA, a track I don't really like. First practice session was twitchy, as I couldn't find a right setup for me which ended up in wasting more than half of the session on overheating and instability. Practice 2 was much better as I had a really good feeling behind the wheel so I went out to do some long runs, to see how tyres behave and what amount of wear should I expect, which would prove to be the key point of the race.

I have also dedicated some time to find the best braking points in numerous corners of the track. It's really challenging to drive cockpit cam around here, as there are a lot of blind spots, like Turn 1 - where you see the bollard only when you are next to it. Thanks to @cata82 @Levingston and @Diallo for keeping me company in these two sessions.

I was not satisfied about neither of my qualy runs. The first one was okay, but I messed up a lot of braking points, so there was a lot of time to be picked up. My second run was ruined by track limits in esses, and the third run was barely better than my first. In the end, I had to satisfy myself for 10th with 1:32.363, only 0.017s behind my teammate. Seeing a wet start made me very happy, as I love driving in the rain and a few past races showed that I am really competitive.

The soaking start of the race was amazing for me. I was located on the inside of the track so I kept the line coming to the first corner, whilst staying behind Levingston, who qualified one row ahead of me. We went three wide, and I didn't have any better solution other than keeping it really close to the bollard, but I touched with Diallo. The mess in that corner helped me make my way to P4, gaining six positions from the start.

I was cautious towards the end of the opening lap. In the next one I tried to fight @Levingston at the beginning of Sector 2, but he had a better exit onto the back straight. Seeing that we already pulled a nice gap behind, I was in no hurry to get past the Renault. Patience and keeping the car stable paid off, as Levi made a mistake out of the tight left hander in Sector 3, so I was already a podium contender after passing him.

The next up was @cata82 in his McLaren. I started to gain time to him, as I made fastest laps back to back. It hasn't been long until I caught up with him in Sector 2 of Lap 5. Still feeling confident and increasing the gap behind, I didn't force any bold moves to get past. For me it was still all about patience. I don't know about TV pod cameras, but driving behind a car in showers is tricky if you are using cockpit cam like I do. Eventually, at the beginning of Lap 6 I was breathing down the neck of Cata, so I was ready to attack in Turn 1. Being in a blind corner, I got a feeling that he overshot the braking so I started turning in. It turned out that he was spot on, but he didn't close the door on me and stepped aside to let me past.

The last car in front of me was @xDerpOG representing the home team of Haas. The rain started easing so we boxed for inters at the end of Lap 6. I had luck not to be blocked by anyone in the pits. We both ran into traffic that stayed out on full wets so it was crucial to get past them ASAP. From lap 8 onwards, we were all alone with a great gap behind, so it was all about that golden position towards the end.

Unlike on wet tyres, I couldn't catch the pace on inters. Having posted two consecutive fastest laps on full wet tyres, I couldn't get anywhere close on inters. However, I was consistent and really confident, starting to push more and more one lap at the time. Braking points were closer to the corners as the track started drying, but I still couldn't get closer than being two seconds behind Derp. As he mentioned, the gap was fluctuating mainly because of my tiny errors, which did give me a lot of warnings and penalties but I couldn't care less about it.

Finally, at the end of lap 19 we got called in. Having practiced long runs, I knew I was capable of getting Ultrasoft tyres to the end. That move was also justified with great gap we created behind ourselves. My mechanics were really slow and made me lose a full second to Derp in the pits. Unlike me, he has stopped for Supersofts so it was clear that I had the advantage.

I started closing in really fast, gaining more than 7 tenths per lap as the track was getting faster. I posted three consecutive fastest laps, but none of them were fastest laps in the end so I'll have to wait for another opportunity to gain that milestone. Back on track, we were lapping @earicx who stepped aside really nicely so both of us went past without any hassle - kudos for that!

Three laps prior to the end, I was already in DRS waiting to make the move. I had a lot of penalties, but I still couldn't help myself wanting to, at least, finish first on track. I was conservative and tried to wait for the last chance, saving fuel and ERS in the mean time. But at the beginning of penultimate lap, Derp left some room on the inside into Turn 1 and being confident on my braking, I dived and got ahead.

My heart was beating. Is it really me winning the race? Not quite, there are some 10 kilometres left to go and stay ahead of the Haas. I tried taking defensive lines, charging up ERS wherever I could do it, but I could feel the hunger of Derp breathing down my neck in the last lap. I did try to close every open door, but he caught me off guard in the tight left hander of sector 3. I kept the outside line and I was ahead all of the time, but Codemasters decided to f*** me and gave me an illegal overtake warning, so I had to "return" the position to Derp.

Being affraid of getting disqualified in the last corner, I decided to give up and let him have the position. He would have got it anyways because of my penalties. Massive congratulations to Derp for pole position and win, it was an amazing scrap and I hope to repeat it in some of the next three races! Congratulations to Levingston as well for taking his first podium of the season.

Now the highlights:

Things are getting really tight in both of my championships. With these 18 points, it will take another 18 to try and beat @boxen for P5, otherwise there is a gap of 13 to edge @earicx and 18 to @BlackPanthor for P6. As for the constructors, we will hold P8 for now, but only a point behind Ferrari and 12 behind Red Bull.

The game is on.

BlackPanthor

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2018

After a busy week, I didn't find much time to practice for COTA, a track I don't really like. First practice session was twitchy, as I couldn't find a right setup for me which ended up in wasting more than half of the session on overheating and instability. Practice 2 was much better as I had a really good feeling behind the wheel so I went out to do some long runs, to see how tyres behave and what amount of wear should I expect, which would prove to be the key point of the race.

I have also dedicated some time to find the best braking points in numerous corners of the track. It's really challenging to drive cockpit cam around here, as there are a lot of blind spots, like Turn 1 - where you see the bollard only when you are next to it. Thanks to @cata82 @Levingston and @Diallo for keeping me company in these two sessions.

I was not satisfied about neither of my qualy runs. The first one was okay, but I messed up a lot of braking points, so there was a lot of time to be picked up. My second run was ruined by track limits in esses, and the third run was barely better than my first. In the end, I had to satisfy myself for 10th with 1:32.363, only 0.017s behind my teammate. Seeing a wet start made me very happy, as I love driving in the rain and a few past races showed that I am really competitive.

The soaking start of the race was amazing for me. I was located on the inside of the track so I kept the line coming to the first corner, whilst staying behind Levingston, who qualified one row ahead of me. We went three wide, and I didn't have any better solution other than keeping it really close to the bollard, but I touched with Diallo. The mess in that corner helped me make my way to P4, gaining six positions from the start.

I was cautious towards the end of the opening lap. In the next one I tried to fight @Levingston at the beginning of Sector 2, but he had a better exit onto the back straight. Seeing that we already pulled a nice gap behind, I was in no hurry to get past the Renault. Patience and keeping the car stable paid off, as Levi made a mistake out of the tight left hander in Sector 3, so I was already a podium contender after passing him.

The next up was @cata82 in his McLaren. I started to gain time to him, as I made fastest laps back to back. It hasn't been long until I caught up with him in Sector 2 of Lap 5. Still feeling confident and increasing the gap behind, I didn't force any bold moves to get past. For me it was still all about patience. I don't know about TV pod cameras, but driving behind a car in showers is tricky if you are using cockpit cam like I do. Eventually, at the beginning of Lap 6 I was breathing down the neck of Cata, so I was ready to attack in Turn 1. Being in a blind corner, I got a feeling that he overshot the braking so I started turning in. It turned out that he was spot on, but he didn't close the door on me and stepped aside to let me past.

The last car in front of me was @xDerpOG representing the home team of Haas. The rain started easing so we boxed for inters at the end of Lap 6. I had luck not to be blocked by anyone in the pits. We both ran into traffic that stayed out on full wets so it was crucial to get past them ASAP. From lap 8 onwards, we were all alone with a great gap behind, so it was all about that golden position towards the end.

Unlike on wet tyres, I couldn't catch the pace on inters. Having posted two consecutive fastest laps on full wet tyres, I couldn't get anywhere close on inters. However, I was consistent and really confident, starting to push more and more one lap at the time. Braking points were closer to the corners as the track started drying, but I still couldn't get closer than being two seconds behind Derp. As he mentioned, the gap was fluctuating mainly because of my tiny errors, which did give me a lot of warnings and penalties but I couldn't care less about it.

Finally, at the end of lap 19 we got called in. Having practiced long runs, I knew I was capable of getting Ultrasoft tyres to the end. That move was also justified with great gap we created behind ourselves. My mechanics were really slow and made me lose a full second to Derp in the pits. Unlike me, he has stopped for Supersofts so it was clear that I had the advantage.

I started closing in really fast, gaining more than 7 tenths per lap as the track was getting faster. I posted three consecutive fastest laps, but none of them were fastest laps in the end so I'll have to wait for another opportunity to gain that milestone. Back on track, we were lapping @earicx who stepped aside really nicely so both of us went past without any hassle - kudos for that!

Three laps prior to the end, I was already in DRS waiting to make the move. I had a lot of penalties, but I still couldn't help myself wanting to, at least, finish first on track. I was conservative and tried to wait for the last chance, saving fuel and ERS in the mean time. But at the beginning of penultimate lap, Derp left some room on the inside into Turn 1 and being confident on my braking, I dived and got ahead.

My heart was beating. Is it really me winning the race? Not quite, there are some 10 kilometres left to go and stay ahead of the Haas. I tried taking defensive lines, charging up ERS wherever I could do it, but I could feel the hunger of Derp breathing down my neck in the last lap. I did try to close every open door, but he caught me off guard in the tight left hander of sector 3. I kept the outside line and I was ahead all of the time, but Codemasters decided to f*** me and gave me an illegal overtake warning, so I had to "return" the position to Derp.

Being affraid of getting disqualified in the last corner, I decided to give up and let him have the position. He would have got it anyways because of my penalties. Massive congratulations to Derp for pole position and win, it was an amazing scrap and I hope to repeat it in some of the next three races! Congratulations to Levingston as well for taking his first podium of the season.

Now the highlights:

Things are getting really tight in both of my championships. With these 18 points, it will take another 18 to try and beat @boxen for P5, otherwise there is a gap of 13 to edge @earicx and 18 to @BlackPanthor for P6. As for the constructors, we will hold P8 for now, but only a point behind Ferrari and 12 behind Red Bull.

The game is on.
Dont worry mate, i will come back to take my revenge ;)

Reactions: Diallo

Sweatu

S16 AOR PC F10 Champion
Mar 26, 2018
well ... i really really really really really ... dont like this track. every race here is sooo bad for me
didnt train much so i didnt expect a lot of pace from me
Q: P7 ....
the first 5 seconds after the start i thought wow that wasnt to bad maybe this will be a good race but then @earicx and @DwergC were coming sideways and i was like: GUYS WTF SHOULD I DO NOW ... i tried to dodge to the left but unfortunately there was @MrPanda-6 and i ended up wrong way around in the wall even before turn 1 xD
from there on not much has happened had a battle with @leenvollaard who really was struggling in the rain and with @djole74 as well who was sliding like hell at the end of the inter stint
in the end i tried to catch @Neil Bywater what was really exhausting but really fun and actually i felt super fast the last laps xD
R: P11 due to penalties

cant really blame anyone for the start incident or maybe championship controversy? :unsure: haha yikes
gg to the top 3

xDerpOG

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jun 17, 2016

Now the highlights:

The game is on.
You just made me realize (idk why I didn’t realize before lol it just never hit me) that this was a home victory for Haas. Next week I’ll see if I can make it a North American Trio :p

Last edited:
  • Clever
Reactions: Mali Baćo