PS4 - Round 18 - United States Grand Prix [05/03/17 - 20:00] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 18 - United States Grand Prix [05/03/17 - 20:00]

• We are aware of some functionality issues with the forums at present. These are being looked into. Feel free to use the bug reports thread to report any issues you encounter. Thanks! :)

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
Round 18 - United States Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 5th March 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
I have viewings on my house every day this week. This means my race rig is hidden away. Add the fact i start my shifts again on Friday means No practice for me...:(

Reactions: Flushie

Squizza1990

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 27, 2015
Sector one is a nightmare to get spot on! Do enjoy this track though and i have been there when it was first hosted! Down at the turn 11 grandstand i was :D
[DOUBLEPOST=1488296291][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can make this race, looking forward to it
Bring back memories Ben?! 4 wide though!!!
upload_2017-2-28_15-36-33.png

upload_2017-2-28_15-36-57.png

Flushie

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 10, 2016
I'm excited to race in the USA!
Not much practice, but i like this track.
Hopefully we keep it dry ;)

kam

Reigning S14 AOR PS4 F7 Champion
Jul 10, 2015
Would prefer it wet, but since it's Texas I doubt it
[DOUBLEPOST=1488721925][/DOUBLEPOST]Although, it may still rain... it's not Bahrain after all

• Funny

AOR Perez

F1 Sponsored Driver
Aug 21, 2016
Where do I even start what a race.....

Firstly from P9 on the grid I move up to second in a chaotic start. I then am hit by Pika and drop down to fifth. On the restart @B5NCO get spun and I move to fourth. I struggle on the SS tyres and @Flushie passes me before I am hit by Zhavior into B5NCO and into the wall. No front wing and well down on the field now. The safety car rescues my race and I am back on track. @bananajosh1 kills @washy03 out of the race in front of me. Josh then turns into me and spins me around. I have a great battle with Adibales for laps on repeat until i finally get past for good. Then I just keep it clean and try and get to the end on the mediums i pitted early for. @Flushie on new super softs breezed past for me p5 now but p6 was still great. Now final lap i am 75% wear and have no tyres left and right at the end @Squizza1990 gets a puncture so i move back to p5. @Mitch makes a late overtake on me for p5 and then i drop behind @denzamo due to my penalties but i recover brilliantly. Best race for me despite lap seven which definitely cost me a podium position. Shame about that but still my best result and finally a race finished and points. Bring on Mexico, Checo's home race!

B5NCO

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 13, 2015
mixed feelings

Got pole, I was on for a mid - low 36 but invalidated the lap and thought I blew the shot at pole so was relieved in that sense

race came and I got hit from behind by @GuytheGuy17 and rejoined down the pack, once the safety car came in I made a move on @kam but he slammed the door shut probably not knowing I was alongside, ended up facing the wrong way

made my way back through he pack, once I passed @Squizza1990 i set upon catching the front 2, got the gap down by 8 seconds to around 3 but made the call to back off to ensure I finished the race on them tyres, his proved to be a good call as I crossed the line with my tyres in the 90's

Squizza1990

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 27, 2015
upload_2017-3-6_10-34-58.png

This summed up my race! Did it once with @B5NCO and promised to never make the mistake again!

I released the accelerator instead of the clutch!!!!!! Should be beside the renault battling for 4th there, instead im top right of screen being passed by everyone!

Lap 2 i put mediums on which put me dead last with falcon in 1st and then i was forced into going the whole race distance on them due to safety cars and track position. It very nearly gave me and unlikely 4th but my front right gave up on me.

Big blow to my championship hopes that puncture was! Great win for falcon again, real momentum this second half for you!

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
Results updated.

Had a terrible race. My shifts are falling at awkward times at the minute so it's a real struggle to prepare. Can't complain too much though, as it pays for all my toys ;)

This is my least favourite track so i am glad to move on.

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
who actually finished 5th? its come up as vettel and i assumed it was @h7nsteven but it appears he didnt get past the first corner...