Round 18 United States Grand Prix [23rd March @ 20:00pm GMT] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Round 18 United States Grand Prix [23rd March @ 20:00pm GMT]

aalliigg

3-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Season 7 - Round 18
United States Grand Prix
Circuit Of The Americas
Austin, Texas
Race Length:153.16km
Circuit Direction:Anti-Clockwise
Laps:28
Date:23rd March 2014
Time:20:00 GMT

[results="width:523px;height:370px"]key=0Ap3ss7a8PZl2dGhudHhBUWJkXzd5MHdZOEtiTU1FUnc&u ange=B2%3AK18&chrome=false&single=true&gid=70[/results]​
TeamSpeakWe strongly encourage all drivers to install and use TeamSpeak for communication with other drivers and your co-ordinator. Having all drivers logged on to the ARL F1 2012 channel before a race helps the admins to organise the session and means you'll be kept up to date with invites and restarts. You don't have to use or have a microphone.
Address: alexgillon.com Password - AOR2014
Rules & RegulationsAll races organised by ARL are run under our Rules & Regulations. Please make sure you have read and are familiar with them before racing.

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Results
[results="width:940px;height:520px"]key=0Ap3ss7a8PZl2dGhudHhBUWJkXzd5MHdZOEtiTU1FUnc&w idget=true&range=B2%3AF22&gid=93&single=true&chro me=false[/results]

Xephyr

Pro Karter
Jan 13, 2014
I won't be making it, and will most likely pass on participating in Brazil too.

Focusing my practice on another league that follows the real season, so I should be well practiced for the first races of next season and get back in the swing of things.

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Xephyr;n22879 said:
I won't be making it, and will most likely pass on participating in Brazil too.

Focusing my practice on another league that follows the real season, so I should be well practiced for the first races of next season and get back in the swing of things.
No worries, thanks for letting us know. :)

Raiden

Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014
I think a podium was definitely possible today. Ran 3rd for the majority of the race after having made the perfect start as cars around were lagging or losing grip. Had pretty good pace in the first and second stint barely staying ahead of Jack1st who was in 4th. Pretty close and clean racing without any contact. Then came two bad lockups, once while defending from Jack1st and the second one at the last corner on the last lap, losing 2-3 positions. :bored:

Congrats to Alex for the championship, very well done. Also congrats to Ownage for two back to back wins. Just wish the battle could have gone to the last race, but oh well. :-D

Roll on Brazil.

Jan 14, 2014
Total frustration. Acceptable start, early pit-stop to avoid chaos. Reasonable second stint. Third stint was so disastrous that I couln't improve my pb at lap 7 because of unrepaired front wing which destroyed my whole "extra pit-stop" strategy. And finally I found my rhythm at last stint but it was too late.

Granu

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
Q was pretty good from me for long time. can be happy for second place there.

But race 1st stint was something awful. tryed my best and lap times were high 42s.... dunno what happened there. in practice easily 39-40 at first stint. like i had no grip from tyres.

lucky its Brazil soon and this season is over with it :)

Feb 10, 2014
Four awful starts and first stints in Suzuka, India, Abu Dhabi and here. Since Korea I am not consistent through the whole race. At least in Suzuka, India and Abu Dhabi I managed to find good pace after my first stint and get some solid podiums, but this time I hadn't enough pace for make my way up the field after a sidepod glitch in lap 4. Still finishing 8th after being last is a good result, but not good enough.

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Expected to get a few points, but I simply wasn't fast enough in this competetive field. I had high hopes for Brazil, but after this race, I kinda expect the same result next race.
At least it wasn't a lonely race. Tried to make short highlights vid, but it's still around 10 minutes, due to plenty of action :)
[video=youtube;0p25QBDznho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p25QBDznho[/video]

Raiden

Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014
Furkan Özcan;n23348 said:
[video=youtube;b-BDfQLrYSo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-BDfQLrYSo[/video]
Being as insanely humble as possible, you can get a glimpse of my spectacularly epic start from 9th on the grid to get to 3rd by the end of lap 1 in Furkan's video. :-D

Too bad I ran 3rd for 20 laps, only to lose 4 positions in the last 5 laps. Good thing I didn't record as that video would have been quite painful to watch... :unsure:

Jan 14, 2014
I want to share some news with you guys. As you may know, in Turkey, access to Twitter has been blocked. Today, YouTube has been blocked too. I've tried different DNS's but they didn't work. I will try Hotspot Shield and similar applications. I don't know what our(actually, I don't think that it's my government now) government's trying to do but this is totally unacceptable. We are like in North Korea or Arab countries. I still cannot believe recent regulations in my country. So, I will not be uploading videos in predictable future. I just want to share this with you guys before we'll get forbidden from whole internet connection :D This sounds like a joke for now but there is nothing I don't believe in these exceptional conditions.

P.S. : **** you RTE* and his sycophants.

*We call this idiot with this abbreviation.

Jack1st

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
For this race we were able to get Granu as a commentator, Thx Granu :p

[video=youtube;80yHMUVenoI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80yHMUVenoI[/video]

xOwnage133

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 4 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Furkan Özcan;n24096 said:
I want to share some news with you guys. As you may know, in Turkey, access to Twitter has been blocked. Today, YouTube has been blocked too. I've tried different DNS's but they didn't work. I will try Hotspot Shield and similar applications. I don't know what our(actually, I don't think that it's my government now) government's trying to do but this is totally unacceptable. We are like in North Korea or Arab countries. I still cannot believe recent regulations in my country. So, I will not be uploading videos in predictable future. I just want to share this with you guys before we'll get forbidden from whole internet connection :D This sounds like a joke for now but there is nothing I don't believe in these exceptional conditions. P.S. : **** you RTE* and his sycophants. *We call this idiot with this abbreviation.
Sad to hear. I think Dailymotion is similar to YouTube. I don't know if that's blocked for you too. If it's not, you could try to share your POV from your races there in the future.

Raiden

Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014
Jack1st;n24107 said:
For this race we were able to get Granu as a commentator, Thx Granu :p

[video=youtube;80yHMUVenoI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80yHMUVenoI[/video]
Ahh fuuuu :lol:. Forward bias brakes, worn tyres, locked up, no need to be dicks about it. :tongue:

Jan 14, 2014
xOwnage133;n24137 said:
Sad to hear. I think Dailymotion is similar to YouTube. I don't know if that's blocked for you too. If it's not, you could try to share your POV from your races there in the future.
I'll be uploading on Dailymation from now. It's blocked in North Korea and China, we are allowed to use it, at least, for now.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Jan 14, 2014
Good news, I could find a way to access YouTube. I just added following lines to "hosts" file:

4.31.38.45 youtube.com

4.31.38.45 www.youtube.com

I want to say "thank you" to AdiGhe(on Steam) for the information. And, this message is for anyone who's suffering from the same issue.

Smuffler

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 20, 2014
Here's the boxboxbox highlights from the Austin race.

[video=youtube;YvYqUjKjuLg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvYqUjKjuLg[/video]