PS4 - Round 19 - Mexican GP [12/03/2017 - 8pm GMT] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 19 - Mexican GP [12/03/2017 - 8pm GMT]

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Oh yeah, what happened to mojo? Pulled right over to let him through, eased off just before T1 and felt him nudge me then saw yellow flags from it! Did you see it @Defiant195 ?
I was too far back to see anything but a a spinning Mojo into the wall. He may have been slip streaming you just before @syluntbob68

Very surprised to get P5 after absolutely no practice at all. Maybe that's the way for me to go on this game. Crashed out on first hotlap in qualy on the Inters, went wide entering the stadium and caught the wall.

Reactions: syluntbob

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Everybody who's above me in the championship standings has a podium
IMG_20170124_181120.jpg

Reactions: syluntbob

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Since Neil crashed out, you actually finished 4th :joyful:
If that's true then it feels like Christmas and my Birthday in one!

If Neil retired on the last lap after the finish line then I did not overtake him and he keeps P3 or P4 surely. Was I lapped in the end I can't even remember. I'm not sure how it works to be honest I don't remember this happening before.

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016

If Neil retired on the last lap after the finish line then I did not overtake him and he keeps P3 or P4 surely. Was I lapped in the end I can't even remember. I'm not sure how it works to be honest I don't remember this happening before.
On my results 7 drivers was on the lead lap which is why I placed Neil as 7th :)

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016

Can also add that Neil left the session and his car was driven by AI for the last lap, hence why you didn't pass Neil.

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Yeah I think you're right Yabba Neil should be last of the lead lap finishers as his AI drove it for him. What confused me was that he and Syluntbob had just overtaken me. After he crashed I was no longer a lap down to Neil but he was still ahead on the road and that means at least 2 or 3 other cars had lapped me (OurRoborRoss did it on the road I believe). Or so I thought. I am still confused how I ended up on the lead lap, even with finishing P4 or P5.

I tried to start my video recording on the start lap, but ps4 would not let me, probably not enough room left on the HD for a hole hour. Got some kind of warning instead which mean AI was driving my car after I left the grid for a few seconds.

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Yeah I think you're right Yabba Neil should be last of the lead lap finishers as his AI drove it for him. What confused me was that he and Syluntbob had just overtaken me. After he crashed I was no longer a lap down to Neil but he was still ahead on the road and that means at least 2 or 3 other cars had lapped me (OurRoborRoss did it on the road I believe). Or so I thought. I am still confused how I ended up on the lead lap, even with finishing P4 or P5.
I think I can explain the chain of events of that last lap and how things played out and why you finished 4th - Neil had lapped you and was about to lap Bob and I was just behind you about to lap you, but then Neil had his crash and you unlapped yourself.
I became the leader and then eased off so I didn't lap you and because of this it meant that you could finish the full distance of the race, and once the race was ended there was 7 cars that finished on the lead lap, Neil's AI had finished the race in 3rd and so was relegated to 7th, this meant that you got promoted from 5th to 4th after all was said and done.

Hope this clear things up for you Defiant.

• Agree
Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I think I can explain the chain of events of that last lap and how things played out and why you finished 4th - Neil had lapped you and was about to lap Bob and I was just behind you about to lap you, but then Neil had his crash and you unlapped yourself.
I became the leader and then eased off so I didn't lap you and because of this it meant that you could finish the full distance of the race, and once the race was ended there was 7 cars that finished on the lead lap, Neil's AI had finished the race in 3rd and so was relegated to 7th, this meant that you got promoted from 5th to 4th after all was said and done.

Hope this clear things up for you Defiant.
You're explanation is so good even I understood it (y)