PC - Round 19 - Mexican Grand Prix [10/03/2019 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 19 - Mexican Grand Prix [10/03/2019 08:00PM]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 19 - Mexican Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 10th March 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Frihman

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 1, 2018
I’ll probably not make the race tonight unfortunately. There is a very small chance however that I will make it, but don’t count on it.

Last edited:

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Sorry all, was focussing on inside brake markers and missed you all braking!

xDerpOG

Formula Karter
Jun 17, 2016
Qualy started good but then it all went downhill from there. I invalidated my last 2 laps when I was up by 2 tenths on both of them. Then at the start of the race @DwergC, @Sweatu and I pulled a bit of a gap to the rest of the field. Toward the end of the first stint Sweatu passed me and I kept the gap within 2 seconds until the next pit stop. When I came out of the pits @Levingston and I went 2 wide into T1. We made contact and I spun and got a yellow front right end plate. (weird collision. No ones fault really.) From there until the end of the race I was a bit down on pace and ultimately lost out on a potential podium. Oh well.

@Sweatu congrats on the championship. Well done.

BlackPanthor

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2018
Quali: P3, was superduperclose with @DwergC and @xDerpOG ( all in 1 tenth). I could start on Ultras, which i was very happy about ^^
Race: Had a good start but @xDerpOG defended the inside line very well as i also broke bit early. Then later i had such an amazing fight for p3 with @Mali Baćo which was superfun, then i pitted later then him and came out behind him again so fight part 2 started :D. I finally could overtake him and then tried to make a gap. Then lap 26 i pitted for hypers to go full throttle and very agressive. I came out yet again behind @Mali Baćo but Lucky enough this time i had less laps needed to overtake him ;) . Later on i overtook @xDerpOG , who had wing damage sadly enough. At the end i had to push like crazy again to make gap bigger as i had 12s penalties and pandacruiserhad 0 ( Thats what Jeff said). Lucky enough he had at the last lap ( i think) a penalty which made the gap in total 1 second... so yeah P3 :) back closer to @Mali Baćo in the standings and i overtook @earicx in the standings aswell ;). Massive congrats to @Sweatu who is world champion at the perfect place to celebrate it :). Also congrats to @DwergC who dominated this grand prix with a smart 1 stop

Reactions: Sweatu and cata82

cata82

Pro Karter
Sep 8, 2018
Mexico was not good for me at all but still fun, as usual in our league :) .

Qualy: quite good, couldn't manage a perfect lap but i'll take 5th place.

Race: bad"ish" start, was bullied out in the first couple of corners for the simple reason that i wasn't aggressive enough. Dropped to 9th very quickly. HS very rapidly deteriorated for me and by lap 3 i was at 40% already and... i spun, damaging front wing and needing a pit stop to fix it. Changed to SS, but these were not as good as i hoped in terms of tire wear, so i had to pit again with around 12 laps to go, if i remember correctly.

Anyway, most of my race i was alone on track, just @E4SY in front of me which i couldn't quite get close enough to attempt a pass. I guess the only performance highlight of this race for me is that i stayed with no penalties :)).

Congrats to the @DwergC for the win, @BlackPanthor for the podium and for the very nice race he had and to @Sweatu for the Championship. Well done!

Off to Brazil now, cheers all!

Frihman

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 1, 2018
I wasn’t expecting much at all coming into this race for two reasons. Firstly, I was certain that I was going to miss the race and secondly I barely had any practice. Add to that, Mexico is probably the track that I am least familiar with on the calendar.

Quali started pretty well, I had set one of the initial fastest laps and the feeling in the car was good. Unfortunately, I invalidated my final lap in the S section. Finished in P9, which isn’t a very good starting position if you are on the hypers, considering how bad they are on this track.

I got a good start off the line as usual in the race, but a lag spike put me back a little, so I was still in P9. I made a very bad mistake into turn 4, and divebombed on the inside. I and others who could have potentially been involved was very lucky that nothing came of it. Managing the hypers was alright, but the rear was sliding everywhere. The ultras in my 2nd and 3rd stint were much better. I had a good fight with @Levingston throughout a large part of the race. One of my biggest issues this season is that my race pace was way too slow thanks to fear of spinning out. This race I tried to cancel out that fear and it really paid off. I really pushed the car to the max and there were a few nervous moments, but it was ultimately worth it. I crossed the line in P8, but got promoted to P5 because of penalties.

Expected to barely finish in the points, and ended up finishing P5. Very happy :D

Mali Baćo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 17, 2018
Massive congratulations to @Sweatu for taking the Championship!

Congrats to @DwergC for pole position and win, and @BlackPanthor for a great fight and podium finish.

I won't write a long text report today. As some of you requested, I took some time off to do the commentary. So, I hope you will enjoy it!

Haiku de la Mexico:
Champion is crowned
I lost the pole in the wall
Four positions too