PS4 - Round 19 Mexican Grand Prix [12/03/2017 20:00] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 19 Mexican Grand Prix [12/03/2017 20:00]

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Trust me, if anything we coordinators are more likely to get a penalty than normal drivers. So if you want to go to the stewards you should do it. I don't even know what happened but there is no point in having an immature arguing here in this thread.
Not immature, just I speak my mind, and I always will, it's who and how I am.

• Kappa
Reactions: King_Rockhammer

alexukr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
Quali: 9th (S)
practiced a good routine for Quali. Thought my first SS run would cause more ppl to go onto the Super, but unfortunatly most guys opted for the 1 stop. Big Shoutout to @xMayhemMadness , as without him i would have been well outside the Top 10 , because my lap was not ideal as usual

Race: 1st (S-M)
I had a good Start and i really thought about maiking a Move on Nervo, but Space was very scarce at the first few corners and somehow i gained a place i believe. From that on it was a Race which was all about following @JIM-NervoTank as much as possible. I felt quite descent on the Track and with the two stoppers losing time at the end of their stint all the One stoppers were very close together. I decided to Pit a lap later then i wanted, because i saw a huge train on the minimap and i wanted to play it safe

Another huge shoutout goes to my pitcrew, who delivered a 1,7 seconds stop which caused me to jump @Jthorn97 in the pits and come out just Behind Nervotank. From then on i tried to follow him as much as possible, but he was a little bit quicker then me and then i decided to to a little tandem with @RBOS_00 in the DRS Straight, so that we could get away from the chasing pack. Around lap 19/20 @BigC_019 arrived with his soft tyres and disturbed me quite a bit, which caused me to lose valuable time to the lead. when he pitted i tired to stay in Touch with RBOS who had some incredible pace today and we then started to gain back time on Nervo. when RBOS Disconnected i smelled blood and started to push really hard despite having two warnings since Lap 19 i believe. I knew that @JIM-NervoTank had a penalty, so i was was desperate to get within three seconds. I did a mistake in the last lap, but luckiely it was enough to get the Win on the green table and making a statement that i am not choking under the pressure !!!!

I think as usual i wasn't the quickest, or the mist deserving winner, but i kept it clean on track and i was lucky to avoid the big traffic. congratz to @Ali Kidd for a good strategy and Nervo for the Podium and also to Renault for the constructors title.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
@Bcolt93 i accept your apology, we move on! But please be more aware, thankk you.(y)

As I said, fully accept responsibility for the final corner, if you wish to take it to the stewards I'd happily take my penalty. As for T5 I didn't notice you were there or anticipate you would look up the inside, as its not really an overtaking spot. As for T10 (I think), I had been run off the road by Cian earlier in the season on a similar sort of move, and I was obviously frustrated given what had happened to my race at the start, so I closed the door harshly.

Here's my pov if you want to take a look. Again sorry about ending your race, just a lot of built up frustration over those 2 laps and I drove poorly

As for @jake_lfc01. Having talked to the others they've kinda helped me take off the blinders. You had every right to fight for the position and it was good side by side action. Again I was frustrated for the start and felt like I was much quicker. Apologies for my comments directed at you earlier.

CianG-4

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 23, 2014
Qualifying: 12th (S)
Bottled my first attempt so I had to do a second lap. Thankfully I was outside the Top 10 so it didn't matter.

Race: 6th (provisionally)
Survived the start. Spent the whole first stint stuck behind @RBOS_00 and @alexukr. I couldn't get close enough to pass as they always had DRS on each other and the front pack pulled away. Lost touch with them as I got stuck in traffic. Lost so much time trying to pass Jamie, Dan and Ben and this is what ruined my race as I was looking very good for a podium at least before this as I felt I was quick enough. Lost so much time battling slower cars plus @Jthorn97 who frustratingly cost us both time by looking up the inside into the S section for example so I had to give room knowing there was a small bit of lag. Got bumped and barged a lot during this phase. Caught and passes Thorn as he was slow later in the race. Was overtaken by @Ali Kidd who picked the better strategy to avoid the traffic that I got stuck in. @Aressi191 and @BigshotP1ayerGR also passed me and I came home 6th. I am contesting a penalty that may promote me to 5th I believe. Frustrating race on the whole but it's nice to return to form after being so poor last week. Congrats to Alex.

Highlights:

Strategy:
S
M
both new

Champions

Today @JIM-NervoTank and I clinched the Teams Championship. We built a strong lead early in the season and maintained it throughout. It may have just seemed inevitable that we'd win it eventually because of the strong lead, but I recognise that it's a big achievement.

What makes an achievement a great is the difficulty in achieving it or the strength of the opposition faced. We are both proud of this Championship because of the great teams that we had to beat to win it, most notably Red Bull (@alexukr, @xMayhemMadness), Hass (@Jthorn97, @RBOS_00) , and Ferrari (@Aressi191, @BigshotP1ayerGR) who were in contention up until today. However every team in this league is strong, I believe every team has had a driver on the podium (excl. one man team Toro Rosso) which shows the level of competition we've faced. Thanks to everyone involved because it's the struggle that makes a win sweet.

One man I want to thank is @JIM-NervoTank. I first started properly league racing competitively with no assists on F1 2014. This was in AOR PS4 Sunday F1 Season 9. Nervo won that title, his second in AOR. I was very very far off the pace to the point where I'd celebrate the rare occassion I was within a second of him. I got to know him and he was incredibly friendly and helpful. He'd record his laps and send them to me on WhatsApp so I could see where I could improve (everywhere), and I did improve. I stopped playing F1 2015 when there was no sign of a league racing season happening and once I found out about Season 11 I was far too late and had no motivation to return to the game. Nervo and I both signed up for Season 12 and as we had kept in touch in the mean time it was natural that we would team up. Nervo has earned the majority of our points as I knew he would. I wasn't confident that we'd win the title because I didn't expect to be as 'good' as I have been this season. I thought I would struggle for points. We won the title because we worked well as a team. I can say with confidence that we've benefited from each other this season. We never practiced a lot, but when we did it was good preparation and we have sent thousands of WhatsApp messages back and forth discussing strategy, setups and driving itself. I'm not too sure what my future is in league racing. I am unable to participate for the next season and as I approach a period of change in my life I don't know if I will be able to race in the future. Knowing this, it is incredibly satisfying to have won this Teams Championship with Nervo who I've got to know so well over the past 2+ years. I have thanked him many times privately, but I wanted to take the opportunity to thank Nervo publicly for what he has done for me and for all the help he has given me. Congrats to anyone who actually read through this, but if this was to be my last season racing, to win such a competitive team championship with Nervo will be a great thing to remember.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
i'd be interested to see what people have to say on this one, should i have gone straight on like Hamilton did at T1? Not sure if by rejoining the track the way I did I caused any problems for people other than myself

• Faff
Reactions: King_Rockhammer

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
i'd be interested to see what people have to say on this one, should i have gone straight on like Hamilton did at T1? Not sure if by rejoining the track the way I did I caused any problems for people other than myself
probably better if you did and slot back into your original position on the straight yes

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015

Champions

Today @JIM-NervoTank and I clinched the Teams Championship. We built a strong lead early in the season and maintained it throughout. It may have just seemed inevitable that we'd win it eventually because of the strong lead, but I recognise that it's a big achievement.

What makes an achievement a great is the difficulty in achieving it or the strength of the opposition faced. We are both proud of this Championship because of the great teams that we had to beat to win it, most notably Red Bull (@alexukr, @xMayhemMadness), Hass (@Jthorn97, @RBOS_00) , and Ferrari (@Aressi191, @BigshotP1ayerGR) who were in contention up until today. However every team in this league is strong, I believe every team has had a driver on the podium (excl. one man team Toro Rosso) which shows the level of competition we've faced. Thanks to everyone involved because it's the struggle that makes a win sweet.

One man I want to thank is @JIM-NervoTank. I first started properly league racing competitively with no assists on F1 2014. This was in AOR PS4 Sunday F1 Season 9. Nervo won that title, his second in AOR. I was very very far off the pace to the point where I'd celebrate the rare occassion I was within a second of him. I got to know him and he was incredibly friendly and helpful. He'd record his laps and send them to me on WhatsApp so I could see where I could improve (everywhere), and I did improve. I stopped playing F1 2015 when there was no sign of a league racing season happening and once I found out about Season 11 I was far too late and had no motivation to return to the game. Nervo and I both signed up for Season 12 and as we had kept in touch in the mean time it was natural that we would team up. Nervo has earned the majority of our points as I knew he would. I wasn't confident that we'd win the title because I didn't expect to be as 'good' as I have been this season. I thought I would struggle for points. We won the title because we worked well as a team. I can say with confidence that we've benefited from each other this season. We never practiced a lot, but when we did it was good preparation and we have sent thousands of WhatsApp messages back and forth discussing strategy, setups and driving itself. I'm not to sure what my future is in league racing. I am unable to participate for the next season and as I approach a period of change in my life I don't know if I will be able to race in the future. Knowing this, it is incredibly satisfying to have won this Teams Championship with Nervo who I've got to know so well over the past 2+ years. I have thanked him many times privately, but I wanted to take the opportunity to thank Nervo publicly for what he has done for me and for all the help he has given me. Congrats to anyone who actually read through this, but if this was to be my last season racing, to win such a competitive team championship with Nervo will be a great thing to remember.
Congrats to you and @JIM-NervoTank. Definitely deserved title! :)

Reactions: CianG-4

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
probably better if you did and slot back into your original position on the straight yes
yeah, I was P1 by the time we hit the braking zone so had I cut across I would've lifted but kept the lead into T4, but it probably would've made things less chaotic