Dec 9, 2016
Round 19 - United States Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 19th January 2020
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of The Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Maniek
- @loafcorn
- @HulkBobby
- @VictorWasa

Last edited:

Maniek

Pro Karter
Apr 30, 2019
Im sorry for last week i mast stay in work todayi cant drive to bicose its my 2nd weekend in work ....... sorry

• Informative
Reactions: Hinyaldee

loafcorn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 29, 2018
I strained my left knee on Thursday in football and tried to make it work. Even put in some good times, but after about an hour of driving I just couldn't put the brakes on properly anymore... I don't wanna ruin anybody's race just by punting in the back of them because I can't apply the brakes properly...

• Informative

VictorWasa

Formula 3 1st Driver
Nov 5, 2017
Crap, my school assignment for tonight is a bit more difficult than I expected. And it is due in the middle of the race. Sucks as I really love this track

• Informative

Karzolia

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 29, 2018
A good result for me given that I was plum last after turn 1.

I think i made a bad strategy call going on hards on my second stint. I was of the opinion that the softs/medium runners would runners would run out of rubber and the hards would kick in lol.. that never happened. after the penalties I ended up in P2 which was satisfactory in the end....

eyjafjallajökull

Pro Karter
Jul 21, 2019
Qualifying was nice, ended up P1.

At the race start, I think my tires just got to hot, and in those first corners i lost the car as a consequence.
Then I did a 2 stop, and recovered quite good, ended up p3 but with penalties p4.
Received these penalties when I was trying to catch @Karzolia.

Had fun, congrats @Illicit for the victory!

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016

At the race start, I think my tires just got to hot, and in those first corners i lost the car as a consequence.
Then I did a 2 stop, and recovered quite good, ended up p3 but with penalties p4.

Thank god, I was sure we didn't make contact in the esses, and felt a bit guilty when I saw you spun around. It was an exciting moment going there side by side cleanly

Reactions: eyjafjallajökull

Illicit

S18 AOR PC F11 Champion
Apr 1, 2019

Cheers man, was a fun race.

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Cheers man, was a fun race.
Didn't mention as we "debriefed" after the race on Discord , but I love the battle we had alnost all throughout the race. Until my stupid error going into T1 offering you P1, then a spun like an even more moronic idiot in S2 and broke my front wing. I ruined yet another onr of my races, and I definetely need the break until next season to come back stronger and even less error prone. It's not even pressure that makes me mess up, that's just plain brain lapse for a few milli-seconds, but on track that's enough to spin or crash.

Still, that's my best season in AOR yet, so I have a good foundation to keep building on

(Sorry, that's kind of my end of season goodbye with 2 more races to go)

Illicit

S18 AOR PC F11 Champion
Apr 1, 2019
Didn't mention as we "debriefed" after the race on Discord , but I love the battle we had alnost all throughout the race. Until my stupid error going into T1 offering you P1, then a spun like an even more moronic idiot in S2 and broke my front wing. I ruined yet another onr of my races, and I definetely need the break until next season to come back stronger and even less error prone. It's not even pressure that makes me mess up, that's just plain brain lapse for a few milli-seconds, but on track that's enough to spin or crash.

Still, that's my best season in AOR yet, so I have a good foundation to keep building on

(Sorry, that's kind of my end of season goodbye with 2 more races to go)
Yeah it was a great battle man. I just couldn't seem to get the power down on corner entry to make an overtake. Going into T1 there I definitely sent it up the inside, glad we didn't make contact.

• Funny