PS4 Round 2 - Bahrain Grand Prix - [13/09/2020 8PM UK]

timbob4321

Pro Karter
Jun 24, 2020
UK
Just gotta say guys... really impressed with the competitiveness of this grid. I've never had a closer quali. I think P3-P9 was about a tenth. Also, it's officially the first time I have ever qualified on exactly the same time as someone else. Lost out to @Simon Besnard as he did his lap first! Also apologies to @huhtari let the team down and I need to put in the work to remedy that this weekend. Race report is pretty simple. Rear-ended @Simon Besnard on the first lap, but what was a tiny tap ended up giving me wing damage unfortunately. Totally my error. Was dropping down the field due to this and then spun on lap 6 as my wing damage sent me onto a kerb. From here I made an early pitstop and was quite angry with myself. As I was catching back up to the field I crashed again and ended my race. Shows what a difference mindset can make! But as this is my first league racing season I have to say I was expecting this, although practice looked really promising so I feel I let myself down.

Last edited:

Simon Besnard

Pro Karter
Dec 21, 2019
France
Just gotta say guys... really impressed with the competitiveness of this grid. I've never had a closer quali. I think P3-P9 was about a tenth. Also, it's officially the first time I have ever qualified on exactly the same time as someone else. Lost out to @Simon Besnard as he did his lap first! Also apologies to @huhtari let the team down and I need to put in the work to remedy that this weekend. Race report is pretty simple. Rear-ended @Simon Besnard on the first lap, but what was a tiny tap ended up giving me wing damage unfortunately. Totally my error. Was dropping down the field due to this and then spun on lap 6 as my wing damage sent me onto a kerb. From here I made an early pitstop and was quite angry with myself. As I was catching back up to the field I crashed again and ended my race. Shows what a difference mindset can make! But as this is my first league racing season I have to say I was expecting this, although practice looked really promising so I feel I let myself down.
No way we did the same time mate ?

Reactions: timbob4321

rich500

Formula Karter
Aug 4, 2018
Not much to say on this one. Quali was ok, could've gone a bit quicker but we can all say that. Surprised at how close we all were though. Ended up 11th on the grid which wasn't too bad, first of the medium runners. I was relatively ok with my race pace in practice so looking forward to see how the race was going to work out. Start of the race kept my position through T1 but coming out of T2 the driver on the right of me lost traction and went sideways into me. Might well have saved his race by stopping him spinning out but it damaged my front wing. By the time I got round and pitted to change it I was way off the back of the pack. No hope of catching up and little chance of a safety car I lost complete interest in my race sadly. Hasn't happened in a while but spent the whole race on my own plodding along whilst everyone else was seemingly having an enjoyable race on the other side of the circuit. Was close to calling it a day but did keep going to the end. The only thing of interest was my teammate doing a great job for the team so well done and thanks to Bankai. These things happen, on to the next one.

Reactions: Simon Besnard

Sneaky24-7Ninja

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 17, 2017
UK
Quali: P12
Did a good time for me, could've gone a little quicker but the pace was super competitive.

Race: P8
A bit chaotic on lap 1 but settled down into P11 after that following @Bankai_Bullett both of us on mediums and felt like we kept good pace compared to the soft runners. Unfortunately through the pitstops I lost around a second to @GomL_Kemuhin and therefore had pressure straight away on my hard tyre stint. Although he never seriously threatened an overtake my ERS took a big hit and ultimately cost me pace over the entire remainder of the stint otherwise I think I could've had a chance of catching the pack in front and maybe finishing a couple of positions further up.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Not much to say on this one. Quali was ok, could've gone a bit quicker but we can all say that. Surprised at how close we all were though. Ended up 11th on the grid which wasn't too bad, first of the medium runners. I was relatively ok with my race pace in practice so looking forward to see how the race was going to work out. Start of the race kept my position through T1 but coming out of T2 the driver on the right of me lost traction and went sideways into me. Might well have saved his race by stopping him spinning out but it damaged my front wing. By the time I got round and pitted to change it I was way off the back of the pack. No hope of catching up and little chance of a safety car I lost complete interest in my race sadly. Hasn't happened in a while but spent the whole race on my own plodding along whilst everyone else was seemingly having an enjoyable race on the other side of the circuit. Was close to calling it a day but did keep going to the end. The only thing of interest was my teammate doing a great job for the team so well done and thanks to Bankai. These things happen, on to the next one.
Bump in the road lad... 20 races to go (y)

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
London
I’ll upload my video today but my race wasn’t very exciting. Was stuck in a train for the whole race

Alexis

Pro Karter
Feb 23, 2020
France
A pretty boring race for me spent most of it just outside the DRS zone of the train.

Was happy with my qualifying lap except I was to cautious under braking for the final corner and threw away a tenth which ended up costing me 5 positions on the grid.

The start was a complete disaster I've no idea what happened I changed up in to 3rd gear just like normal and the rear end just went crazy and sent me across the track in to the path of @Alexis really sorry for spoiling your race but as I say I have no idea what happened I didn't do anything any different to any other start on this game.

After that I was trying to work out what happened and trying to see who I had hit so I could let them through but there were cars everywhere and I wasn't even sure who it was I was waiting for so I just had to carry on but by now I was basically at the back.

I then spent 8 laps stuck behind @Oner Schumacher who had great straight line speed but seemed to be quite slow round the rest of the lap so while stuck behind him the entire pack pulled away by 3 seconds and by the time I got past on lap 8 my race was basically over.

I went for an early stop on lap 11 for hards to try and close the gap I gained about a second but it wasn't enough to get DRS so I now had older tyres compared to the cars ahead of me and they were all using DRS which is worth a second a lap round here and as they weren't really fighting from what I could see it was impossible to catch up it took me until lap 25 to finally get properly in to the DRS zone and I had a grandstand seat to see @DON SILVA attempt to pass @GomL_Kemuhin for 10th place luckily for me they collided and Don spun which put me up to 11th and on lap 28 I was able to pass @GomL_Kemuhin in to turn 1 he tried to get me back at turn 4 but went to deep and spun himself which left min 10th place for the final lap and a half.

So basically my entire race was spent between 1.2 - 1.8 seconds behind a DRS train.

I have to say though well done to everybody the fact that the top 15 in qualy were separated by 0.6 and the top 10 finishers in the race by 12 seconds was pretty insane basically any of the top 11 finishers could have won the race if they had track position.

Also one of the few times the game gets DOTD right going from 13th to 4th in a field that tight GG's @Bankai_Bullett

No problem mate, it could happen...

Reactions: iJokeri22