Dec 7, 2016
Round 2 - Bahrain Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th August 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Bahrain International Circuit
Laps: 29

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @MarkomazingV2

Last edited:

BigBrainBagel

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
Will anyone be missing this race ? I'm yet to do a lap here outside of Career Mode and F2 season, that being said, I have about 150 laps here, maybe even more.

Reactions: SantiaHead

yannicnemeth

Pro Karter
Jan 18, 2019
Hi guys, I won‘t make it either :/
I was on holiday and due to traffic I won‘t be back in time!
see you next week, have a nice one!

• Informative
Reactions: Bernie

Bernie

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 7, 2016
Quali: Went out on hards and was surprised with my pace so decided to go out on mediums and got P2, then went out on softs and decided to abort my lap as everyone crossed the line and I was P4.

Race: Was a simple one really, had a great start a few spins ahead I think and then had to catch up to @Best Kiko after @SoggyCabbages span it, then overtook him and took it from there!

First race win in Non-Assist AOR for myself!

SoggyCabbages

FM Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 5, 2014
Very annoyed with that race. Second week on the trot.

Qualifying I was happy with, 2nd. Race start okay stayed in 2nd (just about) after some jostling and a car lagging which got me cautious, and then was spun by what could have only been a laggy Bernie as he was behind me, guess it was a desync lag spike kind of thing. . Forced me to pit early and had to go on to the god awful hard tyres. Pitted softs lap 20 and managed to make it up to 5th.

Second week in a row where I had pace matching top 2 and couldn’t get a podium because of needing an early pit.

Hopefully third time round next week is lucky and I can get a trophy.

Bernie

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 7, 2016
Very annoyed with that race. Second week on the trot.

Qualifying I was happy with, 2nd. Race start okay stayed in 2nd (just about) after some jostling and a car lagging which got me cautious, and then was spun by what could have only been a laggy Bernie as he was behind me, guess it was a desync lag spike kind of thing. . Forced me to pit early and had to go on to the god awful hard tyres. Pitted softs lap 20 and managed to make it up to 5th.

Second week in a row where I had pace matching top 2 and couldn’t get a podium because of needing an early pit.

Hopefully third time round next week is lucky and I can get a trophy.
Never touched you, don't understand how I was laggy. In other lobbies today I've been fine. Don't know if it's host related etc.

SoggyCabbages

FM Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 5, 2014
Never touched you, don't understand how I was laggy. In other lobbies today I've been fine. Don't know if it's host related etc.
Yeah I guessed it wasn't a touch on your screen as you probably would have said something in your race report. :D Oh well it's not something I or you can stop so I just have to roll with it. Congrats on your win don't get too drunk your mum will be angry. ;)

Bernie

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 7, 2016
Yeah I guessed it wasn't a touch on your screen as you probably would have said something in your race report. :D Oh well it's not something I or you can stop so I just have to roll with it. Congrats on your win don't get too drunk your mum will be angry. ;)
Hahahaha! Looks more like a 3 way battle for the champioinship between us and @Blueeyes0602 with @ClassicDelta & @ItsProulx just outside!

Bernie

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 7, 2016
DRIVER TABLE UPDATED. WILL BE CHANGED AS AND WHEN REQUIRED.

ClassicDelta

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 30, 2018
A second P4 in a row, very pleased with that being as I absolutely hate this track.
Quali: pretty standard did a couple runs on my hard tyres before going on mediums. Got held majorly by @TimoSVK going through turns 12/13 who was going slow and I had to run wide and invalidate my lap, but managed to do a second one anyway. P8 on the grid.

Race: I had an amazing start and got the jump on everyone ahead of me, found myself p5 heading up to turn 4. I think I unfortunately clipped my team mate going through 2/3 and the momentum spun him. I'm so sorry @x EkKU x I hope you aren't too mad at me, honestly didn't think we were that close. You can notice the contact it in my highlights

After that I had a scary moment going into turn 4 on lap 4 after the braking markers had been smashed into so I missed my braking point and @Rindypoos got through. We had a good battle for several laps after and I managed to reovertake him (my highlights package cuts away just as I'm about to do the move, typical)

Following the pit stops I had @Blueeyes0602 behind me but I knew he had more pace than me so I didnt fight the position too hard, unfortunately couldn't keep in his slipstream after.

And that was that until the end, another 12 points and P4 in the championship standings, very happy with how the first two races have gone.

Congrats to @Bernie on the win and @SantiaHead who I could not believe was in second at the end of the race, I was so impressed with that and feel like he must have been driver of the day.

Highlights package here:

Screenshots:
Rule 1 broken :(
fe50d59e-8e1a-4f93-a785-f459571f5545.PNG

Slowmo
6df21a80-5d3e-4a82-867d-59ab0e7faf4f.PNG

Probs my fave screenshot so far
3ec24351-22c8-4a12-a833-62ed0edeed50.PNG

BigBrainBagel

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
My race debrief:
Qualifying: I set a decent banker lap but I knew there was time to be found and I managed to move up the grid and start in P5.
Race: Again, I had a good start and I was running in P3 until lap 7 where I lost the car at turn 10, that cost me 18 seconds and I pitted at the end of lap 8 for the hard tyre, again, had decent pace and was running in P6 with a net P5 (@SoggyCabbages was to pit again) and I hit the wall at the final corner and pitted for the mediums. Ran alone until I pitted for the sifts to set the fastest lap and came home P10, a poor race in terms of my driving but still managed to bring home 2 points.

Definitely need to practice more for the Chinese Grand Prix.

Reactions: Bernie

Rindypoos

Pro Karter
Jun 2, 2019
Good race to everyone.

For me it was ok. Nothing too good and nothing too bad and was just happy to make it till the end as it was my first official league race.

The setup I wasnt sure... feels like I could have gotten more out of it. Was sitting an hour before race just changing wings right till the end.

Tried to qualify on mediums seeing as I wanted to do a one stop and ended up P10. Definitely something I need to work on a bit more.

Race was decent. Sorry @Best Kiko for contact again on formation lap. Also I'm not sure what happened but I hope there was no contact when I rejoined after running off the track on first or second lap. After getting back on track I looked behind and saw someone spinning. So hopefully it wasn't my fault. Had good fun battling @ClassicDelta for a few laps and then just couldn't really match pace. Was sweating it out a bit for the last 3 or 4 laps as Kiko was catching me on softs.

Also something weird happened with my throttle... like it wasn't smooth input so while I was keeping it around 50% actually it was jumping around a lot so basically whenever I wasn't at full throttle it was really inconsistent. hopefully it's just dirt and will be fixed after cleaning it a bit.

GG's to all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Best Kiko

Blueeyes0602

Pro Karter
May 8, 2019
Qualifying was ok was very happy with pole on mediums.

Had a poor start broke too early into turn one and clipped a McLaren on the exit and had a half spin. (I'm pretty sure it was my fault but cannot completely remember) I also got a yellow front wing which lost me time for the first 11 laps on my medium stint also lost extra time in the pits which was annoying. Hard stint went well managed to pass a few cars who I think were on older tyres. Am happy with P3 considering how the start went.

Sorry @SoggyCabbages for contact on formation lap was struggling to get heat into the rear tyres so was braking and accelerating suddenly.

Well done on the win @Bernie.

x EkKU x

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2018
Not very Happy at My race in Bahrain, had a decent run on quali with mediums but still some speed left to found.
At race i tought that i had a clean start but then i felt that somebody hit me (no worries @ClassicDelta, all good) i spin and found My self at last.
Then i start making My way up and had good battles with some of you guys and was really enjoying My self, but then... Oh god... My TV just turn The screen off and then on (Samsung Qled) lucky i was on The main straight but still i hit The wall and Broke My front wing a little bit (yeallow) at there it was just getting through to The end.

See you all at China