May 20, 2018
Round 2 - Bahrain Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th August 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Bahrain International Circuit
Laps: 29

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

JGvI_Pt

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 27, 2018
will be racing at home this time so i shouldn't be lagging so much like in australia

neonostra

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 24, 2017
Bahrein was not my favourite circuit with the difficult turns, but still I got a great race.
I am not good at Qualification, but as I say before...starting from behind is NOT that bad.
Because I knew that my time was 2 seconds slower then the fastest I decided to Quali with the medium tire.
The goal was a 1 stopper, and try to finish the race on hard tyre after starting at the soft.

This was a good choice.
When the SuperSoft tyres had to pit, a climb to the 2th position. ERS overtake and fly a couple of laps
:)
After a couple of laps it was my time to pit, and I came back in the field on the 8th position.
When it was time for the second pitstops for the 2 stoppers, again I got 2 places and was driving 6th.
Now it was time to get the car to the end on tyres who where a littyle bit slippery but it works out great for me.

The last four laps it was Kingen_79 (?) who made making me very nervous.
He was fast, fastest lap and coming very close to me.....
Didn't think I kept him behind before finish, but through a miracle I did.
Finish was very close, and enjoyed this!

Finished 5th. Very happy with the points.

The finish

XerifeUK

Semi-Pro Karter
May 25, 2019
I've enjoyed the whole evening despite starting a bit later than what we were supposed to.

In Qually had an incident with UK-Iceman which cost me a 5 place grid penalty (he wasn't expecting me to break that much and went against my back) but that didn't ruin the race because starting a bit further in the back, like it was said here, is not that bad..

Starting in the back I've had the chance to see the destruction happening on T1 and after T3 a few pieces of wings flying. Neonostra above shows what I'm talking about.

First stint Soft tyres, did touch someone which made me pit earlier that expected for a new front wing making the whole strategy, previously planned, completely rubbish. In total 2 stops.

Having managed to successfully go 20laps through T12 without spinning the car by touching the kerb, on lap 21 bad luck hit me severaly against the wall resulting in Terminal Damage (DNF) for this race.

Like I said I did enjoy the whole evening despite the incident on qually that cost us 5 places.. My time wasn't that bad too..

My suggestion for next race, please be on time and people mind the first turn. Rather go slower than usual but have a clean incident free first turn

Looking forward for the next race!

P.S.: didn't recorded my race this time. only the qually incident which there's no point in uploading since I believe it was a mistake of both parts and we both had penalties.

Reactions: neonostra

Knisnal

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 15, 2019
Bahrain, also not my favorit. Strategy was qualifying on mediums and hope for finisch the race.

Qualified: 12th (Started 10th)
I had a good start from 10th to 8th place but the first corner i missed my breaking point and then brake... brake.... brake... but there were no brakes. Luckily I could avoid everyone. So sorry for that guys. The rest wasn't my race but with a 9th place finisch i could say i'm very happy. Highlights:
- Torpedo action first corner (again sorry guys)
- Little touch to my teammate because he was breaking a little bit earlier then i was and gone was a bit of my front wing (luckely my teammate wasn't got any damage or spin, but for that sorry mate)
- VSC didn't reach inside the safety lane so got a drive through panelty for that
- Collision with a HAAS in T2 what made me spin.

Last edited:

The_RaceFan

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 29, 2019
Qualifying(P5) with 29:4 was ok.
The first lap was very chaotic,i wonder that my fronwing had no damage.

After a few laps i found my rhythm and there was P4 the most time of the Race. Big Gap to the Driver behind and Joer was in front and increased the Gap. We stopped at the same lap.
The harder Compound felt good and my 1-Stop Strategy worked well.

Joer pitted for a second Time on Softs.

I could hold my pace and in the end it was enough for P3:)

Reactions: Joe2397

neonostra

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 24, 2017
Bahrain, also not my favorit. Strategy was qualifying on mediums and hope for finisch the race.

I had a good start from 10th to 8th place but the first corner i missed my breaking point and then brake... brake.... brake... but there were no brakes. Luckily I could avoid everyone. So sorry for that guys. The rest wasn't my race but with a 9th place finisch i could say i'm very happy. Highlights:
- Little touch to my teammate because he was breaking a little bit earlier then i was and gone was a bit of my front wing (luckely my teammate wasn't got any damage or spin, but for that sorry mate)
- VSC didn't reach inside the safety lane so got a drive through panelty for that

I have not noticed anything, but the torpedo scared the **** out of me

:LOL:

multirabc

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 18, 2019

I was so focused on my own race I didn't even notice what happened at the first corner.

Seen people talking about a dive bomb during the race. Only when I checked my recording did I see. I have no idea how i didn't.

Yzzzakk

Pro Karter
Oct 6, 2018
Quali: P1
Race: P6

After starting from pole I was first smashed of in turn 1 and then again in turn 3 and fell down to last because I had to pit for a new frontwing on lap one. Then I had a spin on my own when I was behind Kninsal which cost me aruond five seconds. Later I had an other spin on my own about halfway and lost my entire frontwing and had to pit for a new one once again. With 15 laps to go I caught up to zegmaar and was suprised with how early he braked for turn 13 so I hit the back of him and had to pit for a new frontwing for a third time. In the final stint I made up some places mostly from people that had spun of or something simular and got up to the back of neonostra in the final laps. Realy disapointing race with way to many incidents.

ukiceman76

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 4, 2016
Not one of my fave tracks.
Qualy = 10th but grid penalty put me 15th
Race = 10th
Ok start missed the mayhem. But took an early pit stop and moved my whole strategy which meant I had a long stint on mediums. And sure enough with half a lap to go pop the right rear gave out and cost me 9th.
Video below but forgot to press record at the start.

ZegmaarBart

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 25, 2018
Quali: P1
Race: P6

After starting from pole I was first smashed of in turn 1 and then again in turn 3 and fell down to last because I had to pit for a new frontwing on lap one. Then I had a spin on my own when I was behind Kninsal which cost me aruond five seconds. Later I had an other spin on my own about halfway and lost my entire frontwing and had to pit for a new one once again. With 15 laps to go I caught up to zegmaar and was suprised with how early he braked for turn 13 so I hit the back of him and had to pit for a new frontwing for a third time. In the final stint I made up some places mostly from people that had spun of or something simular and got up to the back of neonostra in the final laps. Realy disapointing race with way to many incidents.
Sorry man, I braked early because the driver before me braked early as well and I wanted to avoid it. Didn't know that you hit me. I was wondering why you pitted that early once again, but this explains. Once again sorry, it wasn't my intention to brakecheck you in that corner because you were a lot faster .

Yzzzakk

Pro Karter
Oct 6, 2018
Sorry man, I braked early because the driver before me braked early as well and I wanted to avoid it. Didn't know that you hit me. I was wondering why you pitted that early once again, but this explains. Once again sorry, it wasn't my intention to brakecheck you in that corner because you were a lot faster .
Don't worry about that I messed up the race on my own pretty well anyways.

multirabc

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 18, 2019
Qualified 8th, finished 7th after a 5 second penalty (messed up pit lane entry on second stop) on track 5th.

Managed to avoid most of the issues between t1-t3. Got hung out wide a little at t2. Felt a tap at t3. The rest of lap 1 was awful. Ran wide at t5-6 and the hairpin. And a few times running wide. Each time I done my best to rejoin safely so not to cause an incident.

Got damaged early on as well. An incident happened ahead and unfortunately I didn't avoid it. I apologise for the.

The rest of the race went well, a couple of overtakes. I had decent pace. Just miss judged the pit lane entry on second pit or I would have finished P5.

Reactions: neonostra