Aug 25, 2017
Round 2 - Bahrain Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 17

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 21st April 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Bahrain International Circuit
Laps: 29

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
Renetee
Patido

Last edited:

Renetee

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 6, 2019
I can´t take part on this one since I`m not at home at Easter :(
wishing you guys the best of luck and see you in China ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Limaro_83

Patido

S17 AOR PS4 F7 Champion
Apr 3, 2019
Hi, sorry that I’m so late, I completely forgot to say it. I can’t participate in this race and also next week. That’s is because I’m with my parents on vacation. I’m really sorry guys.

• Informative
Reactions: Limaro_83

Mcquiz95

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Title of the video says it all really. I did a great job to qualify in P3 and this happens.

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
QF P8 Race P9
No DRS for quali and a bad lap put me down the order.

In the Race I ruined it for myself locking up at first corner and damaging my wing, tried to stay out but was losing too much time. Sad because I had the pace to challenge for a podium here.

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Title of the video says it all really. I did a great job to qualify in P3 and this happens.

It was me knocking you out.
Tried to avoid T-boning my teamM8. :(
Had to go in for a new Fwing, but the motivation was gone.
Sad race.
Crashed couple of laps later.

Mcquiz95

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 26, 2017
My qauli and race abd my view of @Mcquiz95 gettin hit by me had no were to go
Mate, I was right in the center of the road facing forwards. You could've gone left of me where there was miles of space or right of me following Limaro through. Instead you turned towards me. You were also full throttle until the moment you crashed into me. That's Ricardo Rosset level of driving.

Peter day

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2019
Mate, I was right in the center of the road facing forwards. You could've gone left of me where there was miles of space or right of me following Limaro through. Instead you turned towards me. You were also full throttle until the moment you crashed into me. That's Ricardo Rosset level of driving.
Ok m8 i was to busy looking at the Renault nt u so if u think it is more then a racing incident take it stewards

alexP

Pro Karter
Oct 11, 2018
Q - 11
R - 7

I managed to avoid all the cars at start and I went from 11 to 4. Then I made lots of small mistakes, and only a few big ones.
I'm not used to race without racing line, only a bit slower but a lot less consistent. Probably I won't use RL in China since this is a track I like.

ramma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 12, 2018
Q - 12th
R - 4th

Quali - Was torn on strategy a bit here. Last season I had a relatively easy time on the 1 stop even doing SS to M, but in practice I was wearing my tires more so qualifying on softs seemed like the safer strategy. My average time on softs in practice wasn't a ton slower than the SS either, but in the actual session I made quite a few braking errors and couldn't get close to my practice times.

Race - Having free choice + new tires, and knowing I could already stretch the SS's a bit longer than intended during the race, I opted to put a set of them on to start and go for the same SS -> M strategy as last season. This time pushing the SS's as close to soft stint length as I comfortably could.

I absolutely spaced out at the lights, so my reaction time was that of a turtle. Luckily I made some of that up in the braking zone, and amazingly I didn't get caught up in the chaos out of T3 (the game actually ghosted a car o_O). The first few laps were really fun being on the faster tires than those I started around. Weirdly though my DRS broke going into T9/10. Not an issue on lap 1, but it ended up staying broken for all the chance I would have had it in my first stint.

I'd made it up to P9 on the straight out of T10. Then going into T11 had a bit of an optimistic try on @Jari and we continued the tire bumping fun through T12. Going into T1 on L2 I managed to get past just barely. Paired with some pit stops in front and I was already up to P6!

L4 had probably one of the most butt puckering moments I've ever had. @alexP went a bit deep into T1 which @syluntbob took great advantage of and I was just in range to try too. I picked a bad line though and was expecting more acceleration from Alex, so next thing I know I'm heading straight for the rear-end of his car certain I'm about to lose a wing if not crash out. Somehow I managed to avoid contact though, and I'm not sure I would have avoided it had I reacted a tiny bit later.

I did make it past the next lap and up to P4 where I sat till my pit stop. Managed to hold off my stop till lap 10/11 vs last seasons 8/9, so not bad, though being a fresh set helped a lot. Re-entered the track P6.

Nothing much happened from then until the last 5-6 laps when I caught up Syluntbob and Renner, by which point it was a battle for positions 2,3 and 4. Despite a few attempts at passes I wasn't able to make anything stick or manage my fuel and ERS well enough to mount a full on attack for more than a few corners, so 4th it was. After my Australia performance though I'm really happy with this race! There were some really great wheel to wheel battles.

Highlights

Reactions: syluntbob

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
@Mcquiz95
Here's what happened, M8.
Looking back, several times, i could have lift maybe a split second earlier.
After my crash i kept recording and saw some nice driving.

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
@Mcquiz95
Here's what happened, M8.
Looking back, several times, i could have lift maybe a split second earlier.
After my crash i kept recording and saw some nice driving.
Love how use cockpit cam with the column in the middle (y) also I don’t think you could have gone anywhere, you were lucky not to go out yourself

• Agree
Reactions: ramma