PS4 - Round 2 - Bahrain Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 2 - Bahrain Grand Prix

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

HiippariLate

GP2 2nd Driver
Apr 3, 2018
Round 2 - Bahrain Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 7th October 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Bahrain International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@GJoe_Breezy07
@Axeeri
@nezehran

Last edited:

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
Should be one of my weakest tracks but the early pace feels quite nice tbf.
We should probably sort out who’s hosting since (Sorry I forgot whoever it was again) someone can’t connect to me. Assuming @nezehran will now be the main host and I’ll be backup? Unless things change with that driver that is

HiippariLate

GP2 2nd Driver
Apr 3, 2018
We should probably sort out who’s hosting since (Sorry I forgot whoever it was again) someone can’t connect to me. Assuming @nezehran will now be the main host and I’ll be backup? Unless things change with that driver that is
I'll take a look at everyones connections and check who would be the best but so far @nezehran is the best option because we know that @frandythomsen can connect to him for sure. Ofc we are still hoping that Frandy gets his NAT type changed (or whatever caused the problem).

Reactions: xXVik-StarRxX

nezehran

F1 Test Driver
Oct 2, 2017
I'll take a look at everyones connections and check who would be the best but so far @nezehran is the best option because we know that @frandythomsen can connect to him for sure. Ofc we are still hoping that Frandy gets his NAT type changed (or whatever caused the problem).
I have the worst internet here @HiippariLate

Attachments

Last edited:

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Pretty excited for this race. Was completely lost in set up and pace earlier today and this week but I did some changes and things are looking better. Hopefully can bring home a good result. Tbh not really looking for a lot of battles this Sunday, just kind of want to drive my own race and see what happens....

Reactions: xXVik-StarRxX

Tobias Eichinger

Semi-Pro Karter
May 7, 2017
Yes, fine I accept it.
The way the car is tilted to the right seems way more than it felt in the race, but then again, I can't proof what I'm saying so going by evidence granted, i take the responsibility.
Any idea what pentalty I have to expect ?

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Yes, fine I accept it.
The way the car is tilted to the right seems way more than it felt in the race, but then again, I can't proof what I'm saying so going by evidence granted, i take the responsibility.
No idea, they might give you penalty like 5 seconds or they might do racing incident. Something should happen imo since it did affect my race, but we’ll see.

HiippariLate

GP2 2nd Driver
Apr 3, 2018
Yes, fine I accept it.
Guessing a 5s time penalty and a couple of penalty points so nothing massive

PedroPMF

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 11, 2017
Race report:
Qualifying: P8 I only did 2 attempts on ss and the only valid one wasnt very special. I clearly left 2 or 3 easy tenths
Race: P3 I will leave the highlights below. Overall it was a pretty entertaining race. In my opinion there were two critical moments where I may have lost the race win. Obviously, front wing damage was very harmful, but the pit crew not repairing it was what annoyed me the most. Apart from that, after vikstar rejoined in front of me with softs, I thought he would pull away but he didnt, and then I took way too long to past him, 6 laps os more ( because I wanted to be sure he wouldnt be able to reovetake me in the next drs zone ) In the end I just lost the race by 6 tenths so who knows what could have happened. Really happy with my first podium by the way!
Anyways, congratulations to the winner Jompa and 2nd place Jordy! It seems like the field is pretty even and right now I dont see a clear group of title contenders so thats pretty cool (Yes, I know it is just 2 races...) See you in China next week!

jomppalainen

S16 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 6, 2018
Managed to put my qualifying together well to grab pole and that really set me up for the race. Jordy had a bit better pace in the race and got past easily on the straight with DRS around lap 4, but other than that I had clean air for pretty much the entire race. Took the supers to lap 8 and pitted for the mediums to run til the end, but unfortunately picked up a 3-sec time penalty which put me under a bit of pressure from behind with Pedro being around 2 seconds back and Jordy catching up after his second stop. Luckily for me both pedro and jordy lost just enough time battling for me to get the gap up to 3.2 seconds, taking it by 2 tenths.

Pretty sure I didn't make a single overtake in the race so not very action-y in that sense, but really happy to get the win and that I managed to get pretty close to what I could expect both in qualy & race-pace, only blights being a bit too big a drop-off on the end of the first stint and a couple slow laps while getting to grips with the mediums after the pit. Pretty important too with such a tight field, since there was like 4 tenths between pole and P10. Looking forward to the next one!