PS4 - Round 2 - Bathurst - 30/11/16 - 8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 2 - Bathurst - 30/11/16 - 8PM UK time

Valachi

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jun 14, 2016
q13 WOOPS
r9

got a bad start to the race after taking a tag on first lap which sent me into wall causing damage and a loss of 10 mph down straights, on this i would say that if you are passing you should give that car plenty of room, my car hit a bump which caused a slight wobble and we touched... more room please it works both ways!

so stayed out till lap 13 i was running in 9th, came back out in 12th and made some good progress on the cars in front, good race and had some good racing to boot, you guys are fast and consistent. came across too many cars facing the wrong way more over a lapped car that was causing caos!

looking forward to road america IN THE DRY THIS SEASON YAY!!!!

Last edited:

KungJarnix

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 21, 2016
@KungJarnix - Divebomb?? Had the inside line. You should of given room.
40 mins in
Actually i think your video clearly shows you not holding your line. I held the outside and you just smashed me. You went from inside not holding yours. I didn’t stand a chance to correct this =(. But it’s up to the stewards. So lets se what they have to say.

• Agree
Reactions: FRC-Prinz

KungJarnix

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 21, 2016
Actually i think your video clearly shows you not holding your line. I held the outside and you just smashed me. You went from inside not holding yours. I didn’t stand a chance to correct this =(. But it’s up to the stewards. So lets se what they have to say.
Here you can also see you pushing my front bumper creating causing me to spin out. It was a crazy race and it’s ok to make mistakes. But I also think we have to participate to minimize the risks.

I also have problems for some laps someone lagging and throwing smoke around the course =)

Hugh263

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Q: 9
R: 4

I'm not liking this R8 so far this season and I couldn't get comfortable with it through all my practice sessions today. My quality lap was my first time in to 2:05's :joyful:

In practice, I couldn't keep the car away from the walls but knew I had to to get a decent result. Fortunately I did and had a good enough pace around the low 2:07's.

I had a scare with @Martynvr when he was stuck sideways in the mountain but I was able to squeeze past after he scared me half to death :lol:

The last 6 laps I was sooooo slow through the mountain and lost over a second each lap with low grip and confidence in the car. One more lap and I could've been 7th with a queue forming behind me on the last few laps :nailbiting:

Well done all! Hardest race done and congrats to my teammate @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o on his first elite league podium (y)

Jehan-Nat

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 13, 2016
Q: 15
R: 8

A little disappointed with my quali, more than 1 second than my PB... But the race is long and we all know Bathurst is much more than a fast lap so let's start the race!

I knew I will not be one of the fastest guys so I made a comfortable setting and bet on consistency. And it worked! Slowly but surely I came back from 16th (after a very bad start) until P8 without any major mistakes, except minor contacts with unexpected cars that I met in the high tight section.

Anyway it was a hard but good race for me and congratulations to the podiums' finisher! (y) Incredible pace guys!

Reactions: o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Things started off well(still slower then in any testing I did befor the race 2:06)but after I pitted on lap 13 things soon started to turn from ok to undriverble again and after 3 more trips to the pits that was it and I just left it at that so's not to get in the way of other drivers.hoping things start to pick up for next weeks race.

Pidgey_69

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 24, 2016
Q 3rd
F 5th

Qualy went okay for me i had gone quicker in testing but that's not were it counts so hopefully i can improve on that for future race's.
The start of the race was a disaster because pole position accelerated before the acceleration zone which caught out 2nd place, it affected me because i was right behind pole and had overtaken P2 before the start/finish line so i lifted to let him back past before we actually got to the start/finish. I was back in 3rd after the 1st corner and looking to settle down behind P2 and see how the pace was. I made slight mistakes which dropped me back 2-3 seconds in the first 3 laps, then out of nowhere P2 was lagging in front of me and the smoke was very tough to see through in part's so i fell further back. Apparently a few people had lag problem's including my own car from what people have said, hopefully it will all be fine next week. After 16 laps i finally touched a wall a little too hard causing damage meaning i had to pit. Forgot i had no new tyre's organised for when i did pit but only the last 6 laps were tough tyre wise. I came out in 8th position and got up to 5th by the chequred flag. A little disappointed overall but i always enjoy racing in general regardless of the outcome.
Well done the podium finishers and everybody else for turning up and making a good night's racing. Peace out guy's.
Roll on road America

Ramzy_MZ

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 24, 2016
Q 3rd
F 5th

Qualy went okay for me i had gone quicker in testing but that's not were it counts so hopefully i can improve on that for future race's.
The start of the race was a disaster because pole position accelerated before the acceleration zone which caught out 2nd place, it affected me because i was right behind pole and had overtaken P2 before the start/finish line so i lifted to let him back past before we actually got to the start/finish. I was back in 3rd after the 1st corner and looking to settle down behind P2 and see how the pace was. I made slight mistakes which dropped me back 2-3 seconds in the first 3 laps, then out of nowhere P2 was lagging in front of me and the smoke was very tough to see through in part's so i fell further back. Apparently a few people had lag problem's including my own car from what people have said, hopefully it will all be fine next week. After 16 laps i finally touched a wall a little too hard causing damage meaning i had to pit. Forgot i had no new tyre's organised for when i did pit but only the last 6 laps were tough tyre wise. I came out in 8th position and got up to 5th by the chequred flag. A little disappointed overall but i always enjoy racing in general regardless of the outcome.
Well done the podium finishers and everybody else for turning up and making a good night's racing. Peace out guy's.
Roll on road America
By the way as far as I understand and correct me if i'm wrong, you are allowed to overtake the car next to you as long as you do not pass the car ahead of you in the same train. :)

Pidgey_69

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 24, 2016
By the way as far as I understand and correct me if i'm wrong, you are allowed to overtake the car next to you as long as you do not pass the car ahead of you in the same train. :)
You're not wrong pal.. You can not overtake the row ahead of you before the start/finish. I was 3rd and over took 2nd beforehand which is not aloud as far as I'm aware

Ramzy_MZ

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 24, 2016
You're not wrong pal.. You can not overtake the row ahead of you before the start/finish. I was 3rd and over took 2nd beforehand which is not aloud as far as I'm aware
- As the leaders of the two trains roll across the grid boxes at the constant speed of 50mph/80kph, at any point of their choice between 2 designated and clearly visible points known as 'The Acceleration Zone', P1 is allowed to go full throttle to signify the start of the race. From this moment, all other drivers are now allowed to accelerate to race speeds, but are NOT allowed to overtake the car directly in front of them in their train until they themselves have crossed over the start finish line.
When P1 accelerates to signify the start of the race, they must do so in a clear manner within the designated acceleration zone. They are not allowed to try and bait other drivers by jumping on and off the accelerator. Once the driver in P1 accelerates in the acceleration zone, they must continue to do so and not change their mind.
From the moment everyone starts to accelerate, drivers may break from their train if they have a good run on the driver ahead. Bear in mind that you still can not overtake the driver directly in front of you in your train until you have crossed over the start finish line. Also be aware of other drivers alongside you doing the same.

With regards to the two leaders of the trains (P1 and P2), despite there being no car directly infront of P2, they are still not allowed to overtake before the start finish line. This gives P1 a protected status up to the point of the line, from there onwards, P2 is allowed to overtake P1.

Summary: you were fine not to lift off :D :D

o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

Reigning AOR PS4 GT3 Pro Champion
Nov 21, 2015
Q:8
R:3
Qually went pretty badly as it was a scruffy lap. I hit the wall on the mountain and and was held up by a mclaren at the final corner. In the end I was 7 tenths off my PB.

The start of the race went really well as I made up a few positions in turn one with a few of the cars going wide with minor contact. I was running behind @Ramzy_MZ in 6th coming towards the end of the lap when he made a mistake and ran wide giving me the position.

From then on I followed @Glen-Alz-81 closely until he made a mistake on lap 7 which got me another position. He quickly came back at me though in my slip stream and ended up going side by side through turns 2 and 3. None of us made contact and none of us hit the wall. It was great racing. Then on lap 11 he crashed again and I had 4th again.

My focus then was on @Pidgey_69 in 3rd.the gap was 4 secs which I brought down a couple of tenths each lap until he crashed somewhere on the mountain. He maintained his position but was forced to pit which gave me 3rd. It was at that point I decided I wasn't going to pit. My car only had 10% damage from minor scrapes and felt fine.

Then it was just about consistency with my times. I was 20 secs behind 1st and 2nd in the 2nd half of the race until I crashed on lap 25 after coughing so hard my eyes watered, making it very hard for me to see clearly. I now had 54% damage to the car but only needed to finish a few more laps.

I finished the final few laps 3 secs a lap slower than usual but managed to hang on for 3rd in what was my first elite podium.

Thanks for the great racing guys and I'll see you next week :)

PS. There is a mid race blooper at the end of the video ;)

Martynvr

F1 Multiple Champion
Mar 28, 2016
Q:8
R:3
Qually went pretty badly as it was a scruffy lap. I hit the wall on the mountain and and was held up by a mclaren at the final corner. In the end I was 7 tenths off my PB.

The start of the race went really well as I made up a few positions in turn one with a few of the cars going wide with minor contact. I was running behind @Ramzy_MZ in 6th coming towards the end of the lap when he made a mistake and ran wide giving me the position.

From then on I followed @Glen-Alz-81 closely until he made a mistake on lap 7 which got me another position. He quickly came back at me though in my slip stream and ended up going side by side through turns 2 and 3. None of us made contact and none of us hit the wall. It was great racing. Then on lap 11 he crashed again and I had 4th again.

My focus then was on @Pidgey_69 in 3rd.the gap was 4 secs which I brought down a couple of tenths each lap until he crashed somewhere on the mountain. He maintained his position but was forced to pit which gave me 3rd. It was at that point I decided I wasn't going to pit. My car only had 10% damage from minor scrapes and felt fine.

Then it was just about consistency with my times. I was 20 secs behind 1st and 2nd in the 2nd half of the race until I crashed on lap 25 after coughing so hard my eyes watered, making it very hard for me to see clearly. I now had 54% damage to the car but only needed to finish a few more laps.

I finished the final few laps 3 secs a lap slower than usual but managed to hang on for 3rd in what was my first elite podium.

Thanks for the great racing guys and I'll see you next week :)

PS. There is a mid race blooper at the end of the video ;)
Great battle we had for fourth, was enjoying this very much young and glenn. Feel terrible to f*cked things up in round 8th up the Hill. Had such good pace then again consistancy is key regarding this track.

FRC-Prinz

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 22, 2014
Q 7
R 7
Not my best race. I had not enough practice with 30min at Bathurst. This track feels like Nordschleife,but not so long.;)
My Racepace was lap for lap better,but one mistake in the downhill sector and I had Aero and Suspenciondamage.:banghead: So I must come into the pits for repair. After the stop the pace was ok,but the Audi was on the straight not very fast. So no chance to overtake another car.
Congratulations to my Teammate for his second win and for the other two guys on the podium.
So guys we see us next race. This time with more practice.(y)

Der_Heizer

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 18, 2016
Hi guys,

here are my highlights at Bathurst.
First race lap was horrible in sector 3. I crashed into Ramzy who came back to track in turn 20/21 (after long straight) and i couldnt do anything. So piting was necessary and costs me all in all about 35 sec. :(
After that i tried to roll up the field from last Position. The last 6 laps were really tough by fighting for P4-P7 with @Hugh263 , @Pidgey_69 and @FRC-Prinz.

The setup of prinz is awesome. Didn't realised that the my M3 was the fastest car in sector 2 (y)