Dec 14, 2017
Round 2 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 19

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 15th March 2020
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @progsa98

Last edited:

progsa98

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 14, 2020
Hey, I can't race today, my internet is currently failing every 10 minutes for a few minutes, I hope it gets better, but it's like that since the morning. I'm really sorry.

• Informative
Reactions: Mo#9991

Mo#9991

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 14, 2017
Hip hip hooray, first-ever podium in EU league, strat worked out perfectly I think, assumed there would be early safety car and SC in middle of the race as well, after **** quali forgetting to switch to new softs (not that it made a difference) started P14 i think, pit on mediums lap 10 ignoring suggestion from Jeff, then mediums to the end, def didn't' have the pace to fight for a win, but happy to maintain P3 and no penalties.

Results and Race Director included

Edit1: SHOooot foorgot :p Also big GG to RGM for the win and of course teammate @Jasko5 , quality P3/4.

Last edited:

Millsy

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 28, 2020
Hip hip hooray, first-ever podium in EU league, strat worked out perfectly I think, assumed there would be early safety car and SC in middle of the race as well, after **** quali forgetting to switch to new softs (not that it made a difference) started P14 i think, pit on mediums lap 10 ignoring suggestion from Jeff, then mediums to the end, def didn't' have the pace to fight for a win, but happy to maintain P3 and no penalties.

GG's man

• Friendly
Reactions: Mo#9991

Millsy

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 28, 2020
That was a crazy race, two safety cars and two broken front wings. Second was behind the second safety car when the queue slowed right down at T1. SO FUSTRATING. From a POLE to P13. Not the best day at the office!!!! :( (Can't get any footage as my stream vods have been very dodgey and won't load, but pretty sure everything was completely unintentional ! )

Kippetje

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 30, 2018
Happy to have the worst track of the season finished! I can't help but make major mistakes almost every lap in various corners here. Considering that, I was actually fine with how quali went, P11 gave me a chance to go M --> S.

Got a great start and was able to pass a few guys right away. The rest of first stint was just to try and stay close to the guys on soft, unfortunately I was spooked twice at Raidillon by guys losing control, losing me positions I had gained before. Then, first SC helped with being able to reach the end of the stint without issues.

However, just as I was getting close to pit window, the second SC came out... with me and my teammate being 1-2. He pitted and I stayed out myself, stupidly thinking it'd be faster than waiting 2 seconds inside the pit. As a result, I was P18 (last place!) after pitting the next lap. That ruined any chances for a good result.

I was able to cruise pretty well on the softs, passing a few people & others needing to pit again. Eventually ending in P7.

Video of highlights:

Reactions: Millsy

leenvollaard

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2019

@leenvollaard you ruined my race completely mate, got disqualified because of you.

Sorry @Diallo for touching your rear tires on the first lap.

I was P4 on qualifying but i coudent get into the pits and then the game decided to disqualify my session, so I started on P19.
Really tried to go to the left hand side. Had no choice, because of a drive through penalty. sorry mate

Ligenz

S17 AOR PC F10 Champion
Jan 15, 2019
New controller so i'm glad i was still some fights. Bad start, but safety car helped me. After restart i had accident with @Karzolia . At first i thought that he closed me door but that was all my fault. Second SC was coused by me and maclaren.
after second restart i fought with @Bobino12 and finally he pushed me out of the track and kill me dream about points in this grand prix.

Last edited:

ZaneFast

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 21, 2019
@Bobino12 With all the respect in the world I have a question for you. Do you have mirrors on your car?On lap 10 in turn 19 you forced me off the track completely.

Reactions: Ligenz

Karzolia

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 29, 2018
A good race for me.

Qualifying was very close.
Had a pretty decent start, but an ambitious divebomb from some guy from behind resulted in a damaged wing for me, which in turn caused tons of understeer.
The SC was a sigh of relief to some degree. But that meant i had to take an aggressive gamble needing to pit again.
As it turned out it was a good strategy call.

At the end from Lap 15 it was chasing down the front runners with some fresh boots.
A good clean battle with @Rgm12345 on the last lap. I thought I had the win in the bag going into the final lap, but @Rgm12345 got me under drs. Finishing just .400 secs behind in P2 left me mixed emotions lol

Well done @Rgm12345

Reactions: Rgm12345

Millsy

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 28, 2020

Edit1: SHOooot foorgot :p Also big GG to RGM for the win and of course teammate @Jasko5 , quality P3/4.
Really tried to go to the left hand side. Had no choice, because of a drive through penalty. sorry mate
Shouldn't have really gone for that move into the bus stop :ROFLMAO:

Kippetje

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 30, 2018
2.6 Pit stops:

● Upon entering and exiting the pits, the whole car must stay within the white lines. If you cause a dangerous situation by crossing the pit entrance or exit line, or if this is done in a way that blatantly gains time or track position, you will be penalised.
@eyjafjallajökull you definitely should report this to the stewards. Having a drive through penalty is not a valid excuse for causing a dangerous situation. @leenvollaard could have defended to the right instead, which would have easily avoided the scenario. Another option was to simply let him by. (you weren't fighting him for position anyway since you were going into the pits)

Rgm12345

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 26, 2019
I mean the race for me seems like a bit of a unusual one, with quali to be so close with pole was odd, but then in the race getting past zanefast and millsy on lap one, but then just being paranoid through both of the safety cars, and having the car under me to actually be fighting on race pace was also strange, but the second safety car allowing the soft strategy to work and having the cars behind swamping up zanefast and mo was scary but in the end I just got the win, but it was a fantastic race from everyone on my end, but that was a good way to get my second win in AOR

My Stream of the race (with no game audio or anything just my annoying whingy voice)

• Kappa
Reactions: Millsy and Mo#9991