Round 2 - British Grand Prix [03/05/15 - 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Round 2 - British Grand Prix [03/05/15 - 8:00pm]

StubbornGymnast

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I wont drive tonight guys. I am still having a hard time dealing with it. Maybe see you guys in a week time..

BlueAsedGibbon

F1 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
I FUCKING WON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Winner
Reactions: FisiFan91 and Crim

Smifficle

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 19, 2015
Well that ended brilliantly!

Race 1
Qualified 4th in heavy wet, got moved to 3rd after Ckriszeus was kicked by the game. Held my position at the start but dropped a position to mat at turn 5. A few laps later I managed to get past cosmos as he locked up but had way better traction out the corner going side by side towards copse I had no room to turn in and ran wide which let Midget and Gibbon past. I followed Midget in on lap 4 to put on the primes on lap 5 cosmos came out just ahead but on lap 6 I got past him. Towards the end I was attacking Midget and defending from Cosmos at the same time thankfully I kept 3rd position from cosmos.

Race 2
Well this shouldn't be a long description....Started in 4th got a reasonable start going into turn 4 Bulky bull went wide which forced cosmos off. At the exit of turn 5 he ran wide and did a Raikkonen-esque come back on to the the track which pushed me into Lest and Cosmos (I'm not to sure if it was both) but I got smashed into the barrier and my race was over. I'm not sure if anyone got a penalty for it but whoever put me into the wall don't really deserve the penalty as there was nothing they could do about avoiding me.

Hopefully Monaco race 2 will be cleaner and not like a wacky races start.

Last edited:

Crim

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2014
you'll see from my video I done nothing wrong

[DOUBLEPOST=1430686714][/DOUBLEPOST]Missed Qualy, sorry.
Race 1 Result:

Race 2 Result:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: mat231985

mat231985

GP2 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2014
Race 1
Waited til the end of qualy to set a lap. It said 0% rain so I was hoping it would dry out. Lined up 5th on the grid anyway!
KERS'ed it off the line and made up some places and was in 2nd throughout my first stint.
Was still setting green sectors and laps so stayed on the options until lap 8. It told me I'd rejoin in 2nd so I kept going but came out 6th after my pitstop. The undercut you guys got was unreal! Didn't help that the game was telling me id be 2nd... I was screwed by a 9 second pit stop in Bahrain and now this!
Had a fantastic final sector battle with @BlueAsedGibbon which was a lot of fun!!

Race 2
Started 9th and last and by lap 2 I was up in 3rd. My starts have been electric.
Learned my lesson about the undercut and pitted on lap 5 for Primes, but I struggled for pace.
@Ex Crim was 1.1 behind me the whole second stint so I was really under pressure but brought it home in 2nd.
Good win Gibbon!!

NRT xEclipse

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Sep 2, 2014
you'll see from my video I done nothing wrong

[DOUBLEPOST=1430686714][/DOUBLEPOST]Missed Qualy, sorry.
Race 1 Result:

Race 2 Result:

You had two cars on your outside at T3 and you forced both of us off the track.. Then you re-entered then track dangerously and took out 2 others...
[DOUBLEPOST=1430688379][/DOUBLEPOST]
Race 1
Waited til the end of qualy to set a lap. It said 0% rain so I was hoping it would dry out. Lined up 5th on the grid anyway!
KERS'ed it off the line and made up some places and was in 2nd throughout my first stint.
Was still setting green sectors and laps so stayed on the options until lap 8. It told me I'd rejoin in 2nd so I kept going but came out 6th after my pitstop. The undercut you guys got was unreal! Didn't help that the game was telling me id be 2nd... I was screwed by a 9 second pit stop in Bahrain and now this!
Had a fantastic final sector battle with @BlueAsedGibbon which was a lot of fun!!

Race 2
Started 9th and last and by lap 2 I was up in 3rd. My starts have been electric.
Learned my lesson about the undercut and pitted on lap 5 for Primes, but I struggled for pace.
@Ex Crim was 1.1 behind me the whole second stint so I was really under pressure but brought it home in 2nd.
Good win Gibbon!!
We had a really good battle in the first stint of race one

• Disagree
Reactions: Crim

Greedy Chris x

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 22, 2015
mat if i get that penalty removed, which i think i should because i don't think i deserved that penalty for hitting you when i came off worse and it didn't cost you much time as you didn't even mention it in your race report. in my opinion it was a racing incident so yeah i should get 2nd if that penalty is removed.

• Agree
Reactions: mat231985

BlueAsedGibbon

F1 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
@FisiFan91
GB Race 1 Q.jpg GB Race 1.jpg
GB Race 2.jpg
:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

Also, I didn't lie, I did go out and get drunk. Well, only a little drunk (His names Vern hahaha) I joke lol. Next up.....Disneyland :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Crim

mat231985

GP2 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2014
Yeah @Greedy Chris x i'd agree it was a harsh penalty. It didn't hinder me at all.
Just a racing incident.
However, I didn't defend against you on the last lap because my race engineer said you had a penalty. So it would be harsh for me to lose 2nd place as a result.
(I edited that after seeing you'd take my 2nd place. Which I think I earned.. Sounds harsh but as the contact wasn't my fault either it would be a shame to punish myself)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Greedy Chris x

Greedy Chris x

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 22, 2015
If you 'didn't defend' because you heard i had a penalty then that's your fault, if you didn't feel contact in the incident then you would've had no idea what my penalty was for so you should've still defended with the possibility of my penalty being removed, assuming you didn't know what it was for. The fact that you didn't cross the line in 2nd would suggest that perhaps you didn't earn it as much as you think.

mat231985

GP2 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2014
I didn't defend because my engineer said you had a time penalty. What's the point risking contact and a spin on the last few corners of the race when it doesn't matter if you pass me. Especially with the gap to last place so close...
I didn't feel the contact, as in it didn't hinder my drive, but you still hit me, and although I agree that's a harsh penalty, I'd be stupid to give up my 2nd place when I did nothing wrong during the incident and drove a textbook race. Surely you can understand that!
... And although I crossed the line in 3rd, I didn't pick up a penalty despite avoiding a number of incidents and starting in last place. I'd say that was definitely earned.

Greedy Chris x

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 22, 2015
If you drove a textbook race i wouldn't have been able to overtake you, penalty or not, that's all i'm saying. Yeah you did well to do what you did, but after our spin i was in last by a margin and managed to come back into 2nd in a few laps, and considering i feel i was on my way to winning this race before our incident, i think i deserve it also. But to be honest i can't win this mini season as i'll be missing monaco for my mates birthday next sunday so if they don't remove my penalty there's no real love lost, but i will enjoy overtaking you all the more in future races.

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Race Report
Race 1
Qualy: 7th
Race: 2nd

kudos to the Met Office for getting the weather spot on for qualy :D, at the start i slowly picked off cars to end up in 4th behind @NRT Cosmos and @mat231985, because i could remember from Season 8 the undercut was massive, so i pit on lap 4 and repeated what i did earlier, ended up defending against Smifficle but kept my position for a solid 2nd place

Qualy: 3rd
Race: 6th

Got a good start, was up into 2nd after 2 turns, and going around the outisde of Gibbon at T1 (probably my best overtake so far XD), at T4 @NRT Cosmos almost made me s**t my pants, nothing much happened after that, mostly me tring to find a way past @BlueAsedGibbon till the pits, on lap 6 going into T1 i was disctracted by Lest F1 i thought he was going to overtake into T1 and turned in too early and hit the wall destroying my wing, and Lest F1 probably also s**t himself since he was so close to me.

NOTE: I wont be at Monaco...my best track, but i will see you guys in 2 weeks time for either Korea or Belgium, either way im excited

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
For the record @Greedy Chris x, the way to get a time penalty removed is to make a stewards enquiry explaining what happened, and for the stewards to then agree that the penalty was indeed unfairly awarded. You'd need to include evidence of the penalty being applied, which would be either in the form of a video or a photo of the post-race "race director" screen. (This is all detailed in the league rules)

And @mat231985 you've been here long enough to know that time penalties may end up being removed, so I wouldn't let that affect your driving/decisions during the race :)

• Agree

Greedy Chris x

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 22, 2015
Alright i will make one in a bit.
Here's my race vid, didn't choose the thumbnail but it somehow managed to be that particular moment.
My commentary gets quite crazy/silly towards the end but i thought i'd try and put a bit more emotion into this one.

Reactions: FisiFan91

Crim

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Alright i will make one in a bit.
Here's my race vid, didn't choose the thumbnail but it somehow managed to be that particular moment.
My commentary gets quite crazy/silly towards the end but i thought i'd try and put a bit more emotion into this one.
Really enjoyed that video mate, ur a great commentator!

Greedy Chris x

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 22, 2015
Haha cheers man, if f1 2015 is any good i might start to do it properly and actually get a mic instead of having to talk into my laptop like a fool