Round 2 British Grand Prix [03/05 20:00] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Round 2 British Grand Prix [03/05 20:00]

Steelking

Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2014
Hey guys, I am not racing today :( , but looking forward to racing with you again! :) See you next week!

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Congratulations to @AJ on race 1 win and @FisiFan91 on race 2 win.

For my races, had some good battling with @Kieran (weekiwi) and @The Genius in race 1 and was pretty racy in the second race, on the tail of @Innitialization for most of the race, finishing only 4.9 seconds from the winner, but still only 5th.

Apologies to @F1LS MoNsTeR|ak for the start of race 2 for a slight tap at turn 3, but lag was confusing me a bit and I out braked myself a little.

Battling all the way through the race so not much of and edit and had audio trouble so had to add an audio track.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Yesterday wasn't as enjoyable for me as Bahrain, mainly due to my disconnection meaning I missed the whole of Race 1 - my first disconnection from a league race since... I can't even remember the last time! It was especially frustrating as I would have been starting the race on pole position after putting in what felt like a great lap of 1:37.5xx in the heavy rain qualifying.

In Race 2 I started from 5th, passing @ACR Jay, @F1LS MoNsTeR|ak and @Partyfuchs on the first stint. After the pit stops I ended up in a battle with Monster which was just extremely annoying as his car was lagging all over the place and impossible to race against, and he also ended up passing me by hitting me off the track - on my screen at least...

Monster was now on the option tyres while I was on the primes so it was hard to keep up, but I managed to stay within 2 seconds until the last few laps when we caught up to a backmarker... OH WAIT, it was actually @Hoff who had been leading the race out in front without me even realising lol - must have been confused by his early pit stop as when I passed my teammate on Lap 6 that was for the lead at the time. So my "blue flags please" comment ensued in slightly inappropriate fashion before I realised what was going on!

Either way, I managed to get past Hoff on the penultimate lap as he seemed to be struggling a bit with his tyres, and I then had a great last lap to get within DRS range of Monster on the Hangar straight, getting alongside on the run down to the final chicane - still without actually being able to see his car as it was flickering around constantly - and he apparently ran wide into the chicane which meant I was able to take the win! The lag completely ruined what could have been a fun battle, but I'm happy with my pace and to have taken the win after missing out on the first race.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Bit of an unwelcome return to Silverstone. I was no slower than the pace that I won here in X360 F6 last time out, but with it being just two splits and everyone else seeming to have found a second or so of pace, I was not in the points.

The first race I got tagged into T1 and had a coming together then waited for the other car I hit to come to. Was stuck behind @Beppo for a lap or three (because I couldn't get past and was slow in a couple of corners that wiped out my gains), pitted at the end of L7 and came back out near the back again.

Despite the hold ups I was still just on the back of the main group and hoped in the next race that a better starting position might improve my fortune. In the end I let @F1LS MoNsTeR|ak through because he was lagging up to the back of my car in the rear view and I still didn't have a proper handle on Maggots/Becketts.

Was holding onto about 6th or 7th place and had a nice little battle with @AJ for a lap or two after the stops (sorry for the bang in Maggots/Becketts I got a bit off line and should have braked). I was then starting to get a bit lairy as for some reason the options weren't working like in the first race and I clouted the barrier hard at T1 (Abbey), lost the front wing and retired from the gravel trap as it was Lap 11/13.

Partyfuchs

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 22, 2015
In the 2nd attempt of Qualifying we suddenly had to drive in heavy rain conditions.
Unfortunately @FisiFan91 had a disconnect on Pole Position. At the end i started from the 3rd place.
Had great fights for 1st place.
It was a bit sad, that @F1LS MoNsTeR|ak was lagging the whole race. Thats the reason why i lost much time fighting with the ghost and ended up at the back of the field.

In Race 2 i started as 2nd and had great fights with @Hoff for the 1st place.
The lagging Ghost has suddenly reached at the back of me and in the fast right corner he crashed me out of the field while fighting with @FisiFan91 .
Even after the long pit stop i enjoyed it a lot to fight with @Genesis and @Jens Maul .

Reactions: Jens Maul

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
Had some great fights last night but feel a bit aggrieved by the lagging Monster. It was impossible to put my car in the 'right place' as I didn't know where your car actually was which lead to Fisi being on me far quicker than I wanted.

Blue flags please was hilarious and was pleased to hear it as I had managed to be quiet and relatively quick till that point.

I am Ibiza this Sunday so will miss Monaco :(

Reactions: Jens Maul

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Had some great fights last night but feel a bit aggrieved by the lagging Monster. It was impossible to put my car in the 'right place' as I didn't know where your car actually was which lead to Fisi being on me far quicker than I wanted.

Blue flags please was hilarious and was pleased to hear it as I had managed to be quiet and relatively quick till that point.

I am Ibiza this Sunday so will miss Monaco :(
Eye ball Paul

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
You haven't met my friends.... It's going to be worse than that AND it's a stag do.

Reactions: Neil Bywater

Jens Maul

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 13, 2015
First Race Highlights on Silverstone

Second Race Highlights on Silverstone
Unfortunately the second video got a GEMA ban, so sorry for all Germans who can not watch it...

Last edited:
Reactions: FisiFan91 and AJ