Sep 30, 2014
Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 8th October 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

DackeBerg

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 27, 2017
Time to change my mentality for this race if you look at the start at Australia ^^

Yuridiculous

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
time to not bin it into the pit wall on entry :D
already dreading t1 tho if australia mentality survives

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Has previously been a strong track for me. That was on b4 f1 2015 tho, so lets see what it is now. Looking forward to it nonetheless this track is alot easier than, aus for no RL. Atleast for me
[DOUBLEPOST=1506982249][/DOUBLEPOST]Also how do I stop email notifs, cause this is rly pissing me off

Reactions: Yuridiculous

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
May I just say, I did some research into the F1, F2 and F3 leagues of Australia and realised both me and Grezsiu (and presumably a lot of other people a bit further back wouldve done well too) would've got a podium in F3, 4th in F2 and 9th in F1. None of these races have rain.
[DOUBLEPOST=1507151339][/DOUBLEPOST]I know I at the very least had to only make 2 overtakes the entire race, but still - the clashing in tier performances is real.

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
May I just say, I did some research into the F1, F2 and F3 leagues of Australia and realised both me and Grezsiu (and presumably a lot of other people a bit further back wouldve done well too) would've got a podium in F3, 4th in F2 and 9th in F1. None of these races have rain.
[DOUBLEPOST=1507151339][/DOUBLEPOST]I know I at the very least had to only make 2 overtakes the entire race, but still - the clashing in tier performances is real.
Yeah, sometimes the difference between the tiers is nonexistent. Time Trial wise I am appr. 7 tenths behind the top guys in split 1...so theoretically I would have been able to drive in this league (even with no real chance on good finishes) for the past years. Just shows the competetivness in this years season.

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
It bodes well for making it interesting I suppose

Reactions: Aaron Shum

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Yeah, sometimes the difference between the tiers is nonexistent. Time Trial wise I am appr. 7 tenths behind the top guys in split 1...so theoretically I would have been able to drive in this league (even with no real chance on good finishes) for the past years. Just shows the competetivness in this years season.
And that's why I'm not kicking your ass and drive lonely up front, coming from split 1 last game. I expected this before the start of the season, so I felt I'd have a nice competetive field in this split. Sorry for making the prediction league so much harder though :D

Yuridiculous

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
lol, actually makes me think drinving around in 10th is a real acomplishment in this split for me as it is my first season :D
need to stop binning it in the pit wall and picking up penalties tho :(

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
we can do this lads

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
not tryna be a douche but,

@Yuridiculous from what I saw from other POVs, you need to slow down in race start. you dive bombed iZi on turn1; no crash but if you watch, you BARELY stopped in time. turn 2 you dive bombed AGAIN and made contact with Thm.

I am only asking for more control of your car -- we aren't AI that will drive out of your way instantly when you dive bomb

*edit* not just yuri but to everyone, lets focus on having a 100% clean race

Last edited:

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Okay guys, tomorrow I won't be racing since I need to study. I will hopefully be home on time to be your host and invite everyone but if that won't be the case I would be very happy if @Chicane could host? And then in that case make sure to that everyone adds him in steam to get an invite. Maybe @Yuridiculous could also help out and adding everyone?:angelic:

Also if you two could both take screenshots of the full results (with and without penalties for all drivers) and take screenshots of qualy? That would be very helpful!

If someone else also wants to volenteer to help that is helpful too!

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
Okay guys, tomorrow I won't be racing since I need to study. I will hopefully be home on time to be your host and invite everyone but if that won't be the case I would be very happy if @Chicane could host? And then in that case make sure to that everyone adds him in steam to get an invite. Maybe @Yuridiculous could also help out and adding everyone?:angelic:

Also if you two could both take screenshots of the full results (with and without penalties for all drivers) and take screenshots of qualy? That would be very helpful!

I will be recording the session so I will try to get that info in the video -- not an official volunteer tho :D

I hope you would race tho. race and stay up later lol

Reactions: The Genius

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014

ok

Reactions: The Genius

Yuridiculous

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017

sure thing! i'll get back to you all with the steam accounts i couldn't easily add so if you see your name pop up, please help me out ;)

Yuridiculous

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Right, so if i am correct i have added all of you to my friends list ;)
as far as i can see only @DETERMINISM @DonSeri @FiveStarHeaven (found you as [email protected], do check your gamercard as the link is invalid ;)) @iZi @LambreX @MakuF1 @Mr_AlcoN are left to accept my invitation. Just to check, @Aaron Shum are you in my friends list as 'getshum'? i couldn't find any other steam profile by your name or your steam account on the forums ;)

anyways, cya all tonight!

iZi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 5, 2017
Q: Put in a "meh" lap, could have saved 3-4 tenths if i didnt had a realy bad first corner. But didn't think I would be so far outside the top ten, P13 :eek:

R: Started on fresh set of softs as there would be a lot of traffic at the start and didnt want to ruin my set of SS.
Had a pretty good start compared to @Yuridiculous and specialy @GRZEGORZ who seemed to had alot of wheelspin. Because of that @koldo got stuck behind him and I got 3 places within the first 200 metres. Went a bit wide in the first corner but stayed on track and got another place because someone went off. After a bit of squabbling I was able to overtake @Lunation, then I tried to stay with a train of SS runners. They seemed to pull away the first few laps but their tires didnt last too long. Went to follow @DackeBerg @Aaron Shum and @only4win, my tires were still pretty good at that stage and managed to sneak past @Aaron Shum and @only4win after a few laps. When all the SS drivers pitted I finaly had some laps were no battling happend, @Chicane kept closing in on me when I was starting to struggle on my softs. He pitted 1 lap earlier and got out in front once i made my pit-stop, nothing I could to prevent that. Came out in p4 on lap 18 with a fresh set of SS. I didnt think I would be that close to the podium after I made my pit-stop. @LambreX was on old mediums and pitted for fresh tires and @MakuF1 was on Softs and was a relatively easy overtake aswell. Stayed realy close to @Chicane and went pretty agressive to try and take P1 before tyre wear started to play a role. Managed to overtake him before the main straight and pulled a 1.5 sec gap. This gap however was bouncing around from 0.5 to 1 secound the last 8 laps before the finaly reaching the finishing line. P1!!!!!