PC - Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix [22/04/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix [22/04/18 8:00pm]

Kippetje

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 30, 2018
Race review: I dont know what the hell happened, but @Kippetje was on the starting line for the first few laps (on my screen) and also Haky was off sync for me for the whole race. (We also spoke on discord but it was lagging like hell we couldnt even hear each other properly, when the race was over on the race results screen it got all fixed)
I also lagged through Ryndal in the last corner (i dont know which lap) and around the end I think I pushed thomasooo because he lost control in the first corner (I didnt feel anything because it was lagging I think just like with Ryndal.
Now I would have been okay with that, but in the last lap the game put me from the back straight WAAAAY BACK to the beginning of the 2. sector.
Here's the qualy and the race from my point of view:
Yeah for me you were off sync for most of the race, passed you once (obviously in AI mode) only for you to be waaaay in front again :(

Waffle Man

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2018
Quali:
Was a oke result for me i could go 0.200 faster but was not confident to really get on the power early on exits.

Race Review:
-First corner was alright little taps here and there but nothing crazy.
-First turn 9 got divebomb by @thomasooo i did not see it coming at all the scared me a little...
-After the exit of turn 13 i'm checking my behind if @thomasooo is close, nope he is 150-200m behind me. as I enter turn 14 I get divebomed again by @thomasooo get pushed wide and deep into the corner to avoid a collision and lost 2 places because of that...
-I was pretty angry after those divebombs that i made a mistake at turn 7 lost my front wing and my race was over...

dragoka1

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2018
@thomasooo yeah and imagine how frustrated i was (and I still am) after that last lap desync or lag... also sorry for that punt, on my screen you started getting sideways and somehow I got scared :D

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
Race results thread has been updated. If anyone who has a recorded pit stop count of 0 wants to tell me their pit strategy I can update that. weird that F1 hasnt been recording them correctly.

Seems as though this week's race had more connection issues. I'm gonna ask @thomasooo to be race host next week and see if it helps out with peoples' desync issues.

I also want to reiterate that if you're a backmarker and being lapped, it is your responsibility to move off the racing line and let the faster car through at the earliest and safest possible time. Its not always the easiest thing to know exactly when to do it, but if you're already being lapped another second or two on your lap time isnt going to matter in the grand scheme of the season.

willv

Formula Karter
Apr 1, 2018
Not much to say about my race. I improved overall but I lost out a few places in the start for being too cautious.
@IntergalacticGentleman I did 2 stops if you want to update the race stats

To whoever did the last corner side by side with me, in my cam you didn't leave enough space and we touched.
I had my left wheels in the kerb, I couldn't have left you more space than that.

Last edited:

EversVincent

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 21, 2017
Qually review:
(One word) ****. first run missed some apexes and second run lost it turn 1.

Race review: race start (one word) **** lost it out of turn 2 hit nobody i think for the rest it was prety clean and nice p7 finish. i need to say that i had a nice fight with callmemagic but man he stayed long on those supersofts so yeah then pitted to p7 and stayed there.

@IntergalacticGentleman did the 1 stopper worked kinda

EDIT: just wanted to say this to i only did like 10 min of practise in total only tt and yeah wow iam gonna practise for next race

Last edited:

Kevin Kalt

Formula Karter
Aug 31, 2017
sad race...i had a lot of pace on this track due to practicing a lot...

Quali went ok. Even with a non optimal lap i got 2nd.

Race was ****...i got passed by DannyTard on Turn 3...lost the car on lap 3...was catching up again and then suddenly my screen froze and i was on the desktop...

This sort of Issue has never happened befor...

thomasooo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 31, 2018
Quali:
Was a oke result for me i could go 0.200 faster but was not confident to really get on the power early on exits.

Race Review:
-First corner was alright little taps here and there but nothing crazy.
-First turn 9 got divebomb by @thomasooo i did not see it coming at all the scared me a little...
-After the exit of turn 13 i'm checking my behind if @thomasooo is close, nope he is 150-200m behind me. as I enter turn 14 I get divebomed again by @thomasooo get pushed wide and deep into the corner to avoid a collision and lost 2 places because of that...
-I was pretty angry after those divebombs that i made a mistake at turn 7 lost my front wing and my race was over...
Turn 9 was just utter stupidness to try and have a look, i instantly gave up the move. :D
Turn 13 was a mistake, hit the brakes too late and had to go up your inside to avoid crashing into your rear :( luckily i didnt damage anything as you told me ingame...