Aug 24, 2017
Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 22nd April 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Cederlund
- @TJGAMER13

Last edited:

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
Here we are for the Chinese Grand Prix! Looking forward to redeeming my self for this race. As always keep it clean, This seemed to be a small issue in Australia on the first few laps in particular. Looking forward to hearing from you all this Sunday and If you cant show up please comment in this thread so I know.

HaiCo

Moderator & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Racing day, yiihaa! Excited for the second race, eventhough I don't feel that comfortable driving China. Let's hope for a clean race. And people, please use the same assists as the ones you wrote in your sign up post.

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
yay race day!!!.....I friggin hate CHina...Bring on the rain!!!:rofl::rofl:

karnak07

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 16, 2017
as usual I did not do a perfect qualifying, but then I hit a good first corner and I was in 3rd position. Unfortunately I do not know what happened with Maple, but suddenly his car steered to the left while we were cornering 8 it seems to me. After that I tried to make a comeback race on two stops and when I was about to get close to 5th place the game was crashed. After so many hours of play I have to say that it's the first time that happens to me. boh

Anyway with the crash the video is corrupted so now I will try to recover at least the first lap to understand what happened with @Maple

congratulations to those who won. see you next time

Billamy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Well, a 4th place, maybe even a podium, turned out to be a no points finish. What can I say, I was on bad luck from every single aspect. So, the start was okay, started p10 and got to p4 in the first lap,after Squid (i think) spun and hit me, making me lose a bit of front wing. After some laps, my wheel stopped responding and my car ghosted, making me lose my p4 to @Kryxeno . After some more laps, my wheel stopped responding once more, my car ghosted again and I lost another place and more valuable time. After pitting and rejoining on supersofts to catch up, I got caught in little train of slow cars. @Eriks0n kept on brake testing me, at least 3 corners in the first lap, making me lose some of my wing again. Now, I think he was just locking up a lot, but even though I broke early I still got held up. After I overtook him and caught up to @Raining Thunder , it looks like his game crashed and his car went loose, so I had to get on the grass to evade him. I then got a 3 second time penalty as a 3rd warning and a 5 second stop-go because I "illegally" overtook @Raining Thunder 's disconnected car. Served the penalty, changed my wing and got back out. @Eriks0n brake tested me once more, I lost half of my front wing and boxed for a 4th time. So, long story short, P4 turned out to be a P15.

Also, to one of the Renault guys, please be careful with the divebombs.
@Eriks0n dude, not to be insulting or anything, but if you struggle so much with ABS just turn it on. It costed me a race.

No grudges against anyone

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
race was Shite.....quali my break was stuck on......got rear ended at start causing all kinds of BS....had to tab out to try to re invite my temate which apparently only host can do so lost more time, then battling at end someone locked up and caused me to lose my front wing. All in all not happy. maybe Baku will be better who knows...sorry @MIKEZ0R I hope i did not impede on your last flyer in quali.

Last edited:

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
The race was awful...got held up in qualy...broke my wing twice, spun out on lap one turn one. yeah lets forget this one

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
Was a bit stupid to setup the new wheel just before race but luckily got it working alright, FFB wasn't great yet. (TS-PC RACER). Spun on my quali lap so started from the 12th but in 4 laps time got into 4th. Was too far back by then and finished 3rd which is alright for me in China. I will upload the first 4 laps, there was some spinning and pushing and unfortunately somebody lost part of their wing when hitting me.

Maple

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 5, 2018
as usual I did not do a perfect qualifying, but then I hit a good first corner and I was in 3rd position. Unfortunately I do not know what happened with Maple, but suddenly his car steered to the left while we were cornering 8 it seems to me. After that I tried to make a comeback race on two stops and when I was about to get close to 5th place the game was crashed. After so many hours of play I have to say that it's the first time that happens to me. boh

Anyway with the crash the video is corrupted so now I will try to recover at least the first lap to understand what happened with @Maple

congratulations to those who won. see you next time
i will try and look into my recordings i was half spinned by someone in lap 1 but idk if you hit me then

Maple

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 5, 2018
@karnak07 I was sent up to the kerb cuz you were covering the inside line but i was on the ideal one so i had a better exit but also was forced to the kerb then i lost the back on the acceleration zone from the kerb and maybe crashed into you tough i catched it before i hit you on my recording

Kryxeno

S15 AOR PC Assist League 2 Champion
Feb 6, 2018
Had a really good start, filing in behind the force india's from P11 to P6. Sadly some people thought they could dive in every corner which made me lose it in turn 13. After catching up to the train with my buddy @Agent Smith the race really started to get interesting. Multiple cars were ripe for the overtaking and and so I took every chance I got, successfully overtaking everyone but @Head Squid. Beautiful defending in turn 14 made sure he kept his place, but unfortunately conceded the place because he had to pit. Next up was @Billamy. The battle was quite intense, and we were pretty much equal in pace. After a couple laps he started to show an erratic and odd driving style, so I had to pray for my life that my wing would stay on. After he ghosted I snatched that position and didnt look back. It was later explained that he didnt have control over his wheel some of the time. At the last couple of laps @Maple started becoming a serious threat, getting fastest lap after fastest lap while racing a mere 8 seconds behind me. The logical thing to do was not fighting him because of the pace difference. There was virtually no way to get P4 now. I ended 3.8 seconds behind him and got a solid P5 which gets me pretty high in the championship.

What I didn't know was that @Maple had a 3 second time penalty. If I hadn't let him past I might have been able to get P4, but actions can't be undone.

P.S. I get why @gameguy nl didn't let me past at the end of quali, but he wasnt gonna get anywhere under P17 while I would have gotten around P7-P8, improving my time by almost a second. Just a minor complaint, but it isn't that big of a deal.

karnak07

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 16, 2017
i will try and look into my recordings i was half spinned by someone in lap 1 but idk if you hit me then
I recovered the video (at least in part). there is no voluntariness. maybe you're wrong to accelerate on the curb and you've lost control. I did not expect such a thing that point, otherwise I would have been more distant. that's okay. no problem, it can happen. even if I repeat, at that point I did not expect an error.

Maple

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 5, 2018
I recovered the video (at least in part). there is no voluntariness. maybe you're wrong to accelerate on the curb and you've lost control. I did not expect such a thing that point, otherwise I would have been more distant. that's okay. no problem, it can happen. even if I repeat, at that point I did not expect an error.

Ohh this one, i never tought you hit me here, i missed the gears and therefore lost the back and locked up so i had no controll over the car

Reactions: karnak07