Mar 18, 2016
Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 22nd April 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Questions to drivers:

1) Rate your race from 1-10 and what was the crucial moment that defined the outcome of your race?

2) The last two races on PS4 in china were soaking wet, how do you see the possible prospect of a wet race and how do you feel about the layout of china compared to Melbourne

3) With whom did you have the most enjoyable battle in Australia?

4)Predictions
Pole:

1)
2)
3)

fastest lap :

doordos_1150

Kubica Wannabe
Dec 17, 2017
1) Rate your race from 1-10 and what was the crucial moment that defined the outcome of your race?

Made up 6 positions by the end of lap 3 after some nice battles

2) The last two races on PS4 in china were soaking wet, how do you see the possible prospect of a wet race and how do you feel about the layout of china compared to Melbourne
Kms unless it's wet

@alexukr and my tyres after @ch1cken1990 drove me off at t14
4)Predictions
Pole: @Jemzoh

1) @Jemzoh
2) @SynTeTiC96
3) @Ollie_D631

fastest lap : @Jemzoh

alexukr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016

8 for the race, lots of overtakes, no penalties and really consistent overall.
Qualifying 11th wasnt really helpful, but overall the collisions with @ch1cken1990 cost mme a shot at the podium, still i really enjoyed the battleing out there!

Loving this track in the dry, and really hating it in the wet, so @clarky_110 make sure to set clear weather in the lobby settings :sneaky::sneaky:

i think overall with @Klayyyyyy

4)Predictions
Pole: @TheXocolateHD

1) @Ollie_D631
2) @Curly
3) @DeAgLeKiLLeR

fastest lap : @burakpala05

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
I'd say T3 on lap 1 was my key moment. I'd noticed in a practice race that everyone hugs the inside and trundles around the apex, so I just launched it around the outside and gained like 3 positions to make up for a meh qualifying :p

It wouldn't surprise me, not that I'd want it based on the esports event... I prefer Melbourne, long sweeping corners aren't really my thing, though at least track limits are much less of an issue here.

Alex and Chicken. I let Alex through hoping that he'd hold up Chicken, turned out to be a good call! @Bankai_Bullett even called it in the youtube chat ;)
4) Predictions
Pole: Ollie

1) Ollie
2) Syntetic
3) Alex

fastest lap: Dawidos

OTG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 3, 2014
Quick side note for commentary. If at any point your name was mispronounced please do say so I can get it corrected going forward. If you haven't watched the stream back but reckon we probably got it wrong please just reply with it to ensure we get it bang on.

Cheers lads.

clarky_110

F1 1st Driver
Jun 7, 2015
Quick side note for commentary. If at any point your name was mispronounced please do say so I can get it corrected going forward. If you haven't watched the stream back but reckon we probably got it wrong please just reply with it to ensure we get it bang on.

Cheers lads.
How about you @SynTeTiC96 lol, “sync” / “Syntet”

clarky_110

F1 1st Driver
Jun 7, 2015

Cheers lads.
Commentary was awesome tho buddy, keep it up :)

alexukr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
My wheel is struggling with this heat and ffb keeps going weak
lol, is it 40 degrees in your room?

anyway would be still good if you would be still in the lobby, even when the wheel is malfunctioning to have a good host^^

Overdykink

Formula Karter
Dec 14, 2017
A solid 3/10, and that all started off with bottling quali, as usual.

China suits me a lot more than Australia, so we'll see. Quali pace is shockingly bad, race pace is decent.

No one, kept getting taken out or forced off.

4)Predictions
Pole: @TheXocolateHD

1) @Ollie_D631
2) @Jemzoh
3) @Curly

fastest lap : @dawidos_1150

clarky_110

F1 1st Driver
Jun 7, 2015
Great race going to p2 off the lights then got taken out at the end and given about 40 secs worth of pens. Absolute joke. Will be ridiculous if I don’t get that p4 back or even the p3.

alexukr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
absolutely gutted about this one, i think if i come out 2nd out of T1 its my race as i had simialr pace and the same strategy as syntetic, cant get any luck

SynTeTiC96

S15 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 14, 2017
Quali: p8. Couldnt quite extract the maximum which would have been a 31.5/.6, but my setup wasnt meant to be good in quali anyways.
Race: p1 Got a very lucky start and could manage to pull my strategy of without having any problems. Why where Alex and i the only once who noticed that the softs where ages faster compared to the mediums lol. Had a great fight with @Ollie_D631 and managed to get passed to win the race. Tbh after i saw that i startet in p8 i didnt expect that at all. I'm a little bit sad for the guys who started ahead of me, who where involved in the crash. I think it was just a very unlucky incident. On the other side its nice to see how competitive everyone is. The quali was as close as ever :)

• Winner
Reactions: clarky_110