May 24, 2017
Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 22nd April 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Snook
@teunvanberkel
@Jipper Spectating
@Niek van Gelder

Last edited:

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Well Heres hoping i can make this race!

ive had 0 practice as yet, unfortunatly i put my back out a week ago, and whilst i raced on sunday i was in alot of pain, turns out one of my back muscles was damaged and pressing against the sciatic nerve! not fun let me tell you!!

So ive stayed off the PC so far this week and im already starting to feel much better, so should hopefully get some practice in this weekend and cya all there for sunday!

This is the only race i've DNF'd and im hoping to get a decent result this time after last weeks pit stop shennanigans putting me outside the top 10 :arghh:

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Like last week, I'll host a practice session at 6pm UK time. It starts with a 45 minute practice session, then qualy practice (6:45pm) and race practice (6:55pm).

Steam: One Legged Richy

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Hi guys,

so i've done a few practice laps it wasnt great for my back and leg at all, so im gonna call it quits on this race, and return for the next race,

@Rienk is your backup lobby host, so please make sure you have him added so he can add you to the lobby, if needs be i will join the lobby to invite everyone and spectate, but wont be racing.

Thnx

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
@Jipper

Qualifying results:
1524429001336.png

1524429008226.png

Race results (race times):
1524429101582.png

1524429130948.png

Race results (with penalties):
1524429206797.png

1524429215164.png

EDIT:

Results from the POV of @RichyB:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Jipper

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
My race in under 280 characters. (Links to a tweet)

**** this ****
Yeah I can understand that. I've looked through my recording real quick, and it seems that my game just decides to freeze for 0.5 seconds and then just proceed to spit you out of the lobby. Tbh I don't know what they're doing if they are giving us such a poorly optimized game that you have to turn down the settings even with a GTX 1080, and then still can't handle it if it freezes because god knows why.

Kiinako

S14 AOR PC F7 Champion
Sep 20, 2017
and it seems that my game just decides to freeze for 0.5 seconds and then just proceed to spit you out of the lobby. Tbh I don't know what they're doing if they are giving us such a poorly optimized game that you have to turn down the settings even with a GTX 1080, and then still can't handle it if it freezes because god knows why.

Just for the record (Also for everyone else), I know it's not you guys fault. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

• Friendly
Reactions: Rienk

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
I did not experience problems at all, francly. All I noticed were some guys lagging around, which caused me to gain some spaces, like with @Rienk . He was just in front of me at the back straight and all of the sudden he was behind me... Sorry buddy, but I was having quite the rythm and was not thinking about giving that spot back at the time. Somehow I feel a little guilty about it.

Other than that I'm very happy with the race result. Australia was a nightmare for me, but a 2nd place in China made me feel good. Next to that my teammate @RichyB finished right behind me, completing a double podium for Sauber!

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
I did not experience problems at all, francly. All I noticed were some guys lagging around, which caused me to gain some spaces, like with @Rienk . He was just in front of me at the back straight and all of the sudden he was behind me... Sorry buddy, but I was having quite the rythm and was not thinking about giving that spot back at the time. Somehow I feel a little guilty about it.

Other than that I'm very happy with the race result. Australia was a nightmare for me, but a 2nd place in China made me feel good. Next to that my teammate @RichyB finished right behind me, completing a double podium for Sauber!
Don't feel guilty about that. That was probably my computer failing me, causing my game to freeze and my car to just stay put where it is until I unfreeze, which makes everyone jump forwards on my screen, and makes myself jump back on everybody else's screen. Nothing you could do about it.

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Oh, by the way... @trumpa94 please watch out when you're defending your spot. You may deviate from your racing line once and then go back to it. If you do that twice or more, it's concidered to be weaving and is not allowed. On my screen you were weaving a few times on back-to-back laps. I'm not mad about it and won't post a stewards inquiry or something, as no accident happened, but just want to give you a heads up.

• Informative
Reactions: trumpa94

Kreosteijn

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017
I guess practice does pay off. After doing alot of time trial runs this week, I got my first ever pole position. I kept my first place through the first couple of corners and after that I drove as consistently as I could. 28 laps later I got my first ever win (and first podium too) :D