PS4 - Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix [22/04/2018 8PM UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix [22/04/2018 8PM UK]

• The AOR AWARDS 2018 are here! Vote to be in with a chance to win a copy of F12018

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 22nd April 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@S40TYD
@ThePuffingMuffin
@BlazingRiCO

Driver Questions:

Were you pleased with your performance at Australia?

Are you a fan of the Shanghai International Circuit?

Podium prediction?

Estimated pole time?

Last edited:

Thomasbrxwn

S13 AOR PS4 Assist Champion
Apr 4, 2017
Driver Questions:

Suppose so

Depends on what mood I’m in

Podium prediction?
1. @pepper_F1
2. @DON SILVA
3. @Boniface-8

Estimated pole time?

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Driver Questions:

Suppose so

Depends on what mood I’m in

Podium prediction?
1. @pepper_F1
2. @DON SILVA
3. @Boniface-8

Estimated pole time?
Considering I've got a quali ban for this, I'll be amazed if your podium prediction becomes reality

Thomasbrxwn

Apr 4, 2017
Considering I've got a quali ban for this, I'll be amazed if your podium prediction becomes reality
You’ve got elbows get them out and get a bit dirty, nah you have pave anything is possible

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
Driver Questions:

The start was great, bottling the win wasn't ideal, but after doing 24 laps on softs, I'm pretty happy with the consistency.

Not my best track, especially in this game, but got my first unofficial pole in AOR here so, we'll see

Podium prediction?
@Thomasbrxwn
@tough_2_handle
@Boniface-8

Estimated pole time?
1:33.296

Sneaky24-7Ninja

Formula Karter
Nov 17, 2017
Yes! A little luck to avoid lap 1 drama followed by consistency and no major mistakes got me P5 in a race where I was down in outright pace

Yes, quite a good track for me I think.

Podium prediction?
1. @tough_2_handle
2. @XxHAMMERTIME95Xx
3. @Thomasbrxwn

Estimated pole time?
1:32.918

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Quali was crap. Race was ruined after T3. I can't complain with P8 after what happened. I was at least 6-7 tenths a lap slower on the softs compared to practice so it wasn't a great performance but meh.

I really enjoyed it on 2016. Not so much on this game.

Podium prediction?
1. @TheTubbyNinja
2. @Thomasbrxwn
3. @Tincan394

Estimated pole time?
None of my concern

S40TYD

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 18, 2017
Driver Questions:

100% my best league race yet. Poor Qually p8. Managed to avoid some spins pulled off clean overtakes and kept pushing. Had a gap of 8 seconds to 2nd managed that gap and cruised to the line to take my first win.

Not at All. The worst on the calender glad I'm missing it. But not so glad to lose so many points.

Podium prediction?
1. @Thomasbrxwn
2. @pepper_F1
3. @Sneaky24-7Ninja

Estimated pole time?
1:32.999

TheTubbyNinja

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Didn't make any mistakes so it was pretty successful.

I'll amend this answer when I've done some laps to see if I have any pace at all round here. Cannot remember and can't practice until Friday.

Podium prediction?
1. @Boniface-8
2. @tough_2_handle
3. @Sneaky24-7Ninja

Estimated pole time? 1:32.650 (got no idea, this will also be amended when i know what pace is like here)

Jan 11, 2017

Not really considering i started on the front row in 2nd place i should of put a much tougher challenge to win but i bottled it as i had much better race pace then most people but i take it and move on.

Yes definitely, its in my top 3 and one of my favourite tracks as i am mega strong around here as it suits my aggressive driving style.

Podium prediction?
@pepper_F1
2. @Sneaky24-7Ninja
3. @Thomasbrxwn

Estimated pole time?
1:32.474

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 4, 2017

Aside from the two-stop downer and my chronic corner cutting tendencies, very much so. Felt I had the pace to win for a change and hoping to maintain good form for this season.

One word: No - Always struggle at Shanghai so expecting to be nearer the back again, but I'm putting in the practice and seeing if I can get a top 10 from it.

Podium prediction?
1. Not me (@Thomasbrxwn)
2. Not me (@tough_2_handle)
3. Not me (@pepper_F1)

Estimated pole time? 1:33.500

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 4, 2017
Back to the drawing board after my Oz delight................

Qualifying: 6th

Case of Deja Vu. Worked my way into a magic set up just minutes before our lobby was put up and "should" have had pole by four or five tenths but for another final sector bottle job on my second lap. Excellent feel for the car and thanks to practising with @DemoN I had a 50% race under my belt which gave me a good feeling about getting another strong result at a track I'm normally bad at. P6 and two tenths off pole, I guess I'll take it.

Race: 14TH!

Oh man...... bottle job and a half.com

Put myself on the wrong side of the 1st lap race into turn 1, managing to throw myself wide and slip down to P13. From there it was a difficult affair trying to make up places, only to end up hashing passing attempts against @XxHAMMERTIME95Xx and later on with @Sneaky24-7Ninja. Couldn't make up the places I wanted to struggling in the dirty air of other cars. Followed @Thomasbrxwn's lead in pitting early for new tyres, only opting for the softs as opposed to his mediums which initially gave me a far superior handling and good lap time.

As it transpired though neither of us could make up enough time to jump the queue of cars ahead of us and still found ourselves at the lower end of the points scoring places. I spun my car not long before the wet weather turned up to put the final nail in the coffin for my chances of netting points. Rain hits around ten laps from the end, and with the steering heavy setup I had elected to use there was simply no grip for me to apply any decent power and traction. So I fell down to P14 as a result.

Not my lucky race in any case - on to Baku - the place I may finally win a race?

Goes without saying congrats to my teammate @Tincan394 for claiming victory - a Merc win at last :)

Last edited:

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
Qualifying: 12th
Race: 5th

Comments: Quali was ruined after disconnecting, lap was nothing special, but getting outside the top 10 was fine, especially considering how close it was. Race was far better than expected, was able to have a decent start and keep up with the guys in front after several incidents, and managed to get myself in the lead by being the front soft runner. Had quite a nervous time with Hammertime, it was nerve racking to have him follow me so easily, but managed to keep him behind for a while until a mistake, but he couldn't get away either. Meanwhile, rain was coming, and like the fool I am, I thought it was a good idea to stay out, yet again pushing the boundaries of the soft tyres, but at the end of lap 19 I just had to risk it, and it wasn't too bad, and got a fantastic ending against Don, but couldn't get past, so P5 is still good, only driver to finish in the top 5 in both races, and good points for Williams.

Thomasbrxwn

Apr 4, 2017
Q - P9
Bottled the second lap but had a good banker.

R - P8
I actually cba explaining this race, GG Tincan.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2017
BOTTLE JOB HAMMER

Qualifying: 11th - Bottled another qualifying again! should of been on pole with a low 1:32s i lost 1 second by making so many mistakes as I didn't even set a banker because i was too nervous for this race and pressure building up as i was the favorite in most peoples eyes. Spun out of turn 3 then that ruined it on my 2nd run lost so much time it was a joke if i set a banker lap on my first lap i was confident of getting pole as i would of had confidence to push to find more time as there was so much pressure on meand my heart was beating fast as i was the quickest driver in all the sessions i did leading up to this disappointed with my performance but need to move on quickly and forget about this.

Race: 6th I will take this result after my poor performance in qualifying but got stuck behind @pepper_F1 for 15 laps which effected my tyre wear quite a bit as i had much better pace then him and only his straight line speed kept him ahead of me, couldnt get close enough as the dirty air is awful around China but managed to overtake him and by that time my tyres literally gave up i pitted on lap 15 then startes to rain so had to pit a about 5 laps after the came out in 7th behind @Sneaky24-7Ninja and was tring to get past him but couldnt but managed to luckily finish ahead of him as i didnt have a penalty and he did unfortunately but was just a boring and awful race and a shocking start to the season, on i go to Baku where i need to perform big time now to get myself back on track as i have the pace just need to execute it now see you there. gg to @Tincan394.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: Ban

R: 4th.

What a race! It didn't start well as I lost a lot of ground to the pack on lap 2 when I had to take evasive action when @AOR Davidben and @Boniface-8 crashed into each other. After that it was all about pumping in consistent lap times. I knew that if I kept at a good pace until it rained, I'd be in a great position. It took a while for the rain to come but when it finally did come, I pitted a lap later than everybody else. I suspect mine and @Golzy's engineers did the same thing and waited for us to pass the pitlane entrance before telling us to put inters on. That meant that everybody who was behind us got a huge advantage. My inlap was very slow because the track was well and truly soaked. Luckily I didn't get jumped by the cars behind. The last few laps were about keeping @pepper_F1 behind and I just about managed it. I'm very pleased with P4 after having a quali ban. Onto... *Gulp* Baku...

Golzy

Formula Karter
Nov 20, 2017
Q: 3rd

R: 3rd

Pretty uneventful race. Gutted i didnt get pole, felt I had the pace. Locked up on the hairpin and lost a couple of 10ths. Couple of overtakes on fresher tyres. @DON SILVA jeff was screaming at me to come in but staying out was my only chance to do something different haha. Shouldve gone for softs for 2nd stint probably instead of mediums. Unfortunately no video because Im an idiot and forgot to change the share settings after changing ps4s

Last edited:

tough_2_handle

Formula Karter
Apr 5, 2018
Q: Pole - my second in a row. Can't be happier

R: 2nd. Had heavy wheel spin off the line, lost to @Tincan394 and from there on had to keep him in sight knowing I will be going to supersofts. I did try an overtake on Tincan before my first stop, almost caught his back couple of times but luckily well controlled. Had to do some serious overtaking after my first stop pulling "Riccardo" moves (of course not Verstapen ones :) ). Lost some ground to @Tincan394 who was on softs in process. When I caught him back grip went down the drain as rain picked up. My rain pace was terrible as @Golzy was catching me and @Tincan394 grew some ground on me. From there on I had to take it safe and bring the car home

Solid podium after my disaster in Australia. Looking forward to Baku. Not a fan of that track though, yet you never know

Will try to provide footage later this week. I do not have a youtube channel - looking to start one