Feb 13, 2017
Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 22nd April 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

kuecki

Pro Karter
Dec 10, 2017
!!!WARNING GOOGLE TRANSLATE!!!

Hello people, a little race report from me :)

I qualified for the yellow tire because I wanted to drive 1 stop.
The strategy worked out perfectly, in my first stind I had no problems after the Chaotic Start. The opponents have all carved themselves off the track and so I had more or less free ride. I then went to the pit lane on lap 12 and got myself the medium and then I overtook @Omerb2 , but after a few laps I was able to overtake him with a Ricciardomove. and then i dont give up the 1st place :p
In the end it started to rain and surprisingly I had a very good pace with the old medium.

Nice Race guys, see you next week!

My race:

The overtaking maneuver:

Last edited:
  • Happy
Reactions: horvi181

SwaggyEggy

S17 AOR PC Assist League 1 Champion
Mar 10, 2018
(Quality is beyond terrible, but it does the trick)

What I have seen so far looks like quite some desync moments. Congrats for @kuecki, I wish I could have raced with you, but on your screen I dysnc and you did on mine haha. Quite a confusing race, I hope I didn't hit off @Entity, better luck next week I guess.

vladimirjeger

GP2 1st Driver
Mar 26, 2018
(Quality is beyond terrible, but it does the trick)

What I have seen so far looks like quite some desync moments. Congrats for @kuecki, I wish I could have raced with you, but on your screen I dysnc and you did on mine haha. Quite a confusing race, I hope I didn't hit off @Entity, better luck next week I guess.
Entity was lagging for me as well...Lagged right into me, ghosted luckily o_O

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 26, 2016
About my race, China has always been my favourite track but with less than an hours practice I wasn’t expecting much, which is why I was blown away when @kuecki and myself went from P11 and P12 to P1 and P2 within 6 laps and with the field bunched up I thought even a podium may have been on the cards, however when I pit on lap 10 I realised lots of people had undercut onto mediums and even with a stellar drive I found my self pressured by @Savage and Stefinator, Although I held them off for a while I could tell they were very impatient when I was dive bombed by @Savage probably because I brake early at the beginning a S3 and in the next few laps I was subsequently squeezed right off the track by both and found myself P8, with no-one else pitting I had a fun battle with old rival @vladimirjeger who lost out a bit in the pit stops as I result of supposedly colliding into me on lap 9 when I was trying to avoid @Entity who was lagging. On the final lap after overtaking @Savage I binned P7 on the final corner and it was gutting as yet again I finished P10

SwaggyEggy

S17 AOR PC Assist League 1 Champion
Mar 10, 2018

During and after the race I wasn't aware there was contact (looked behind me to find out what happend) , was full-lock to the right, maybe should have stayed of the gas a bit longer, but the indicator showed you were no longer besides me, so I slowly went on the power. Next time if you think I have shoved you off, take my case to the stewards.

Omerb2

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 1, 2018
First race of the season for me gone well considering 24 laps on mediums but I had a little bit lonely race after the pits but my teammate @SEVEN327 was faster than me on mediums and there was no point for me to hold him so he passed me and I was praying for him to catch @kuecki and after that I just tried to keep car on the pace and held 3rd place and teammate got 2nd so happy for myself and team.See you guys at Baku :happy:

vladimirjeger

GP2 1st Driver
Mar 26, 2018
I had a disappointing quali when i made a lot of mistakes in the first run and ruined the second run in turn 1, gone wide. Started from last place on fresh softs thinking on stretching them untill lap 19 and going to supersofts. But I was in a battle with @EditedStorm27 and @Entity. Lap 9 turn 2, Entity who was lagging the whole race lagged into Storm who tried to avoid him and brakes in front of me, I hit his rear and lost a chunk of my front wing. Pitted for Mediums and new wing at the end of lap 9. Battled with Storm for 7th until the very end when it started to rain and became very slippery. I managed to get away from storm and got lucky @Savage was out of fuel at penultimate corner of the last lap so I took P6. Could've been better but I am satisfied in the end considering I do not like this track and I am not strong there. On to the next one.

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 26, 2016

During and after the race I wasn't aware there was contact (looked behind me to find out what happend) , was full-lock to the right, maybe should have stayed of the gas a bit longer, but the indicator showed you were no longer besides me, so I slowly went on the power. Next time if you think I have shoved you off, take my case to the stewards.
Don't worry man your move was relatively clean so I have no problems there and you were much faster, it is just I was a bit frustrated in the commentary after binning a guaranteed 7th and thanks for the advice about taking things to the stewards but personally I know you guys don't want incidents and try to be respectful and sometimes things happen by accident so I am willing to move on especially after looking at your PoV your move seemed perfectly fine on your screen so I cannot blam you at all.

Reactions: SwaggyEggy