PS4 - Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix - Sunday 22nd April 2018 (8:00PM UK Time) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix - Sunday 22nd April 2018 (8:00PM UK Time)

• We are aware of some functionality issues with the forums at present. These are being looked into. Feel free to use the bug reports thread to report any issues you encounter. Thanks! :)

HoinkDoink

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 18, 2017
If you're the one with the most places lost and I'm the one with the most places gained. Does this mean we collide together?
I hope not :O I just don't get on with this track, don't have set up at all :(

HoinkDoink

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 18, 2017
Tonight 8pm Uk Time lads :D

Those saying that I will make up most positions, I wish I had your faith :D

Vintage_DG

S15 AOR PS4 F5 Champion
Mar 29, 2018
Good race!
Couldn't practice at all, so I didn't think i'd get pole position and the race win!
Nothing to report, had a clean race, no overtakes again.
See you next weekend!

• Winner
Reactions: Carcanon

kingbrat20010

Formula Karter
Jan 13, 2018
@samadhi why did you push hit/push me off the track on the entrance of turn 1 on lap 4? You had the plenty of space.

Nozza_95

Formula Karter
Dec 26, 2017
Q - P2
R - P3
Happy with quali as that was my best grid position in AOR and was a surprise as i havent really been feeling very fast on this track, in the small amount of practise i did.
Race started well managed to keep hold of P2 up until the pit stops when @Iestynrhys217 under cut me. I managed to pass him briefly into the harpin on the straight but wasnt sure on how much room he had on the inside so couldnt get a good exit. After that i kept close to see whether i could pass or force him to make a mistake, but nothing happened. So i decided to back off to make sure my tyres lasted to the end of the race as i had a reasonable gap to P4. Overall great weekend for myself and the team with @Carcanon bring home P4.

One small side note @Marcos64DR can you please not make lapping you a chore as you made it difficult for both me and @Carcanon to lap you. Please just move out of the way in a sensible place and not in the middle of a high speed corner and dont try to defend into corners.

Carcanon

S16 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Dec 8, 2017
Q: 5
R: 4

Qualifying went fine. Was fun to see that the field was so close in qualifying!

The start of the race I took it easy. Lost one place and was on a four way scrap with @syluntbob in front of me.
I braked too late and got a yellow front wing so I had to pit early.
After a while I was again behind @syluntbob. He and @Texho collided together, don't know what happened here but I passed them with @kingbrat20010?
From there on I had a lonely race on P4.

The only exciting thing that happened was that I had @Marcos64DR in front of me who was getting lapped but wanted to battle me anyway.
For this race I didn't mind it that much but if there is a next time you're getting lapped please slow down and do not divebomb me. Could've gone wrong.
It isn't always a good race as you had in Australia. ;)

kerkinator1996

S15 AOR PS4 F7 Champion
Mar 20, 2018
Q: 3
R: 7

Greatly exceeded expectations by qualifying 3rd. Bottled turn 16 at the fast lap, otherwise pole would have been a close call.

The race started with an overly cautious me. My start was actually decent and with the right amount of balls I maybe could have taken @Nozza_95 at the start, but I went in way too careful and deep, which made me lose like 5 places. On lap 2 I brushed @Jarryd Vermeulen into turn 1, which caused him to spin After some scraps here and there I wanted to settle a bit but kept getting harassed by an overly aggressive @kingbrat20010, who shoved me wide or touched me like 3 or 4 times in the opening laps. Then he drove @Benmorgan off track, only for Ben to spin out after I overtook him, ending his race. A bit later he was involved again in a collision, which I had to avoid by going off track, leaving me with an illegal overtake warning which cost me another 4 places. After all the madness, I finally could settle and after pitting to mediums I had to let 2 guys overtake me who were on faster tyres. P7

I was a bit disappointed and annoyed by the driving style of some people, who were just too aggressive into some turns. For next race, please consider the way you try to overtake. Constantly pushing people wide or braking too late isn't the solution.

Still 6 points in the bag and a points finish

HoinkDoink

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 18, 2017
Q - 13 - Had a bad first corner and couldn't make the time back through the rest of the lap. Thank you for helping me with my set up @Carcanon @syluntbob

R - 13 - Put Mediums on to try make a long first stint but my race was ruined at the first corner where I got caught up in a little incident, someone ran wide in the first corner and touched the grass causing them to spin a little, I braked ti try avoid them but the car behind didn't react in time and hit the back of me causing me to hit the back of the car that half spun infant of me damaging my front wing :(

What ever I decided to do from there would of been a minor miracle to get into the points, could have pitted for a new front wing and softs but be 40/50 seconds behind and then have to pit again, or stay out with a broken front wing and see where I end up.

Decided to stay out with an orange front wing and it really affected me in turn 1, the car just didn't want to turn in and then the fast left right, it didn't want to come back right and then the right hander as you come onto the long straight, just could get it turned in.

Was not an easy drive :D

Well done to @Vintage_DG on the win and to @Iestyn rhys and @Nozza_95 on the podiums :)
Well done to @Marcos64DR on getting the fastest lap :)

On to Baku we go!

Last edited:

syluntbob

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 22, 2016
Q: P6
R: DNF

Ok start and managed to get though turn 1 without harm.
In P5 by lap 2 and managed to keep up with the pace. On lap 7 the guy in front loses control after struggling with tyres and falling back from the guys ahead. On lap 9 @Iestyn rhys and the leader @Vintage_DG pit moving me to P2
3 seconds behind the leader @Nozza_95 when we pit the following lap.
Come out in P5 after my only planned stop on the Mediums. @Texho is close behind me for the next lap on SS tyres, no need to ruin our races I ease off and let him through at T1 hoping he would charge off but once in front he looks like he was struggling with his tyres and starts going slower than when he was behind me. 2 cars catch right up with us @Texho loses control on lap 13, not able to avoid I get a damaged front wing, I leave the pits in P14 10seconds behind p13
Lap 18 and I catch up to @Texho and @Ivorbrynmike who looked like they had contact on the hairpin with @Ivorbrynmike coming off worse. 2 laps later I’m wheel to wheel with @Texho, this time i came off worse after being sqeezed off the track!
Not the best racing I’ve experienced in AOR and if I’m honest a little disappointed!

Highlights

Carcanon

S16 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Dec 8, 2017
Lap 18 and I catch up to @Texho and @Ivorbrynmike who looked like they had contact on the hairpin with @Ivorbrynmike coming off worse. 2 laps later I’m wheel to wheel with @Texho, this time i came off worse after being sqeezed off the track!
Not the best racing I’ve experienced in AOR and if I’m honest a little disappointed!
You do know you can go to the stewards for this right? @syluntbob

Carcanon

S16 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Dec 8, 2017
Yes I know but can’t be bothered this time. There are a couple of guys here who are overly aggressive!
That's why you have to get this noticed by the stewards. If they get penalties they probably going to think on how to improve them self.
If they do not they'll get a ban after some amount of penalty points.

• Agree
Reactions: Nozza_95