PS4 - Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix

stevenh7n

Pro Karter
Nov 4, 2016
Q: 18th
R: Voluntary DNF

Was badly off the pace in qualifying, and had a bizarre lag moment where I was thrown in the air by a non existent car coming down the back straight.

Made up a few places on lap 1 of the race but going into lap 2, lag was horrendous. Cars were jumping back and forward throughout the first and middle sectors. Coming into turn 9 I again crashed into an invisible car. Decided to just pull off and retire rather than carry on and risk taking others out.

Did anyone else have lap problems on this race? As soon as I retired I ran a few ping tests and my connection was very stable at 40ms.

Reactions: MORETHANAMAZING

MORETHANAMAZING

Bottlejob Extraordinaire
Premium Member
Aug 1, 2014
Q: 18th
R: Voluntary DNF

Was badly off the pace in qualifying, and had a bizarre lag moment where I was thrown in the air by a non existent car coming down the back straight.

Made up a few places on lap 1 of the race but going into lap 2, lag was horrendous. Cars were jumping back and forward throughout the first and middle sectors. Coming into turn 9 I again crashed into an invisible car. Decided to just pull off and retire rather than carry on and risk taking others out.

Did anyone else have lap problems on this race? As soon as I retired I ran a few ping tests and my connection was very stable at 40ms.

I was "beside" you down the straight and also when you retired, you were jumping up and down I was worried about overtaking you due to it, I think @Junybean463 was the only other one with a little bit of lag but tough to say

stevenh7n

Pro Karter
Nov 4, 2016
I was "beside" you down the straight and also when you retired, you were jumping up and down I was worried about overtaking you due to it, I think @Junybean463 was the only other one with a little bit of lag but tough to say
Yeah, I was taking it easy and trying to avoid getting close to you too, breaking a good 20 - 50m early etc. Sounds like it was probably something about my connection then. On to the next race then and hopefully back to normal racing :)

Reactions: MORETHANAMAZING

Hobbit

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 18, 2016
Thsi race was bad for me, alot of connection issues. Qualifying sucked hard. Race i retired because my car stopped at the pits as if my teammate was already changing his tyres.

Race start 11:00, pitstop error 17:10.
Watch 19:25 for the quickest pitstop ever.

Bzahh

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 21, 2017
Q: 3rd
R: 2nd

Once again on the podium, I think this puts me top of the standings or very close at least, will have to wait until standings are updated to find out! Was a very quiet race with not much action, overtaking @blake300892 twice, once near the start and once near the end was the only action I really had. Congrats to @Haze for winning and picking up a great 1-2 for the Red Bull boys! Uploaded my highlights this week as I forgot to record last week :( Unfortunately I had to mute the audio as the recording picked up my headset which makes a constant beeping noise, I will make sure this is fixed for next week as I will also be uploading my highlights for the rest of the season.

Thomasbrxwn

S13 AOR PS4 Assist Champion
Apr 4, 2017
Ive never seen lag when ive been racing the top 10, so i dont know if its just when near a laggy car it makes it lok worse?

blake300892

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Another difficult race with weather.

Dry start and rain after 4 corners says it all!

Tried to drag inters out all the way hoping it would dry up but just a few laps too short.

With lap and a half to go i was past the dangerous 80% territory and bang went the left rear shortly followed by left front and a slow limp back from P3.

P7 was a surprise result despite all of this.

Was managing the gap in 2nd on old inters a stop would have been near guaranteed P4 so rolled the dice for a podium, just failed.

Good fun trying though.

Remember, i miss Bahrain.

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
Q - p10
R - DNF

Had a good quali, started the race in p10
Race was terrible, had a good start but then mistake after mistake and finaly chrashed the car.
Hope Bahrein will be better.