Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014

Round 2 - Malaysia Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 4th May 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sepang International Circuit

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

• League Rules
• League Information
• Race Calendar
• Current Standings

Track Guide:

[video=youtube;J4nui-LlPUw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4nui-LlPUw[/video]

Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Qualification & Race Results
[results="width:940px;height:520px"]key=0AqUuyPMQFID-dGl5Vm1JNFRRZ2NpdkQ5Rnd4NmNib2c&u sp idget=true&range=B2:F22&gid=92&single=true&chro me=false[/results]

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
As I already mentioned in the TeamSpeak right after the race sunday, I won't race this week. I'm going to Hockenheim and I'm not sure if I'll make it. Even if I make it, I'll probably be exhausted. So good luck to y'all and see ya in China! *blergh*

Reactions: Beyond

StelingDk

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Not my best track but i will be up there guys!:)

Hopefully we can get a clean race and not like our fellows inn split 4:) GL GUYS:)

Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
They will do I will be there before your race to remind them.

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Not really expecting much from me until Bahrain honestly. I love all the tracks before Bahrain but with my current Ethernet being as slow as is, won't be full speed till Bahrain. By the time we race Bahrain ill be in my new home with 150mbps :).

poppleton

Formula Karter
Apr 9, 2014
I probably will not be attending this race as I have guests this weekend but I will try and turn up if I am able.

Waht Waht

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 21, 2014
Hello there. I am a reserve driver for this Split ( second reserve driver in the list ) and I'm hoping to have a chance in Malaysia to drive as a reserve :p. Good luck everybody for the whole season.

See ya.

StigsDKcousin

Rookie
Jan 15, 2014
It's your lucky day Waht Waht.

I'm not able to attend to night i'm afraid. Rather anoying seeing as malaysia is 1 of my top 3 tracks ;(

Hope you´ll have a great race though. Good luck

/StigsDKcousin

JoeViiZaa

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 16, 2014
Anyone got any super leet tricks for the penultimate corner for this track, because i think a sloth can go around that corner faster than me

DUC31511

Rookie
Jan 14, 2014
terrible race. screen freezes and lag. i had to install oracle database for work and now it's eating my CPU :) hopefully it will be beter for next race. and while i was finishing my first lap in quali, game decided to retire my. stupid game

Liam Mangan

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Apr 11, 2014
Drove like an Absolute retard in Qualifying, only managed to just get under 1:35, driving with a hangover and after literally just waking up is probably a bad idea.

I got it together a bit for the race, a crash on L1 kinda ruined my first stint and then i tried to take it to a 2 stop and was running well in top 5 until my tyres hit the cliff and had to pit 2 laps from the end.

Finished 10th and got my first point though so could be worse.

Disappointed in my performance as my Social races i was showing a lot of pace and it all just disappeared for the real race.

Highlights later.

JamieFoppele

Assetto Corsa Skin Creator
Jan 13, 2014
I had a KERS faillure in quali and the race was also terrible for me, as I expected.
I don't really like this circuit, but I didn't expect that I was that far of the pace.

Nothing interesting happend, I was most of the time alone or I was held up behind someone with worn tyres. But I scored some points, which is the only positive thing from this race.

See you in Bahrain, hopefully I can score some better points there.

[video=youtube_share;/eHGlnDnyKIg]http://youtu.be/eHGlnDnyKIg[/video]

Liam Mangan

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Apr 11, 2014
Scotchtape, next time when you go off track, be careful when rejoining >_< lost part of my front wing but coulda been a lot worse ahahah!

JoeViiZaa

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 16, 2014
Reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy dreadful race today. I could have done a better Job in qually if just had more confidence in the penultimate corner but things just got worse in the race. I had a really good start but then got punted of at the penultimate corner on the first lap, then recieved a friendly sidepod glitch from my team mate (no fault of his own, got codemastered) and then got hit off by the same guy who hit me off the first time which just destroyed any chance of a top 6 finish. Still managed to salvage 9th from last place which is kind of a positive, but hoping for much better at China, even though i hate that track as much as this one :)

michaelpears

Rookie
Apr 17, 2014
Shocking race, nothing went right smacked Genesis in the back (sorry bout that) totally missed my breaking point nearly span on lap 2 scotchtape20 went off the track and joined right infront of me and max had no time to react and was very lucky to hold the spin and not collect anyone behind then I got a penalty AND THEN got on the krebs and locked my front left on lap 17 and that pretty much ruined my race THEN I forgot to switch to the primes so I had one of my quali tyres on so I had to come in the next lap then I hit the dam wall coming into the pits, stupid race hoping for much better next race.

http://www.twitch.tv/michaelf1_tv/b/525853385

Waht Waht

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 21, 2014
Happy with 5th place as a reserve. There won't be any footage from my POV since my pc is really bad and recording races would cause lag and stuff. I'm sorry about that.

Let's see if I can have another chance in the next race ( probably not, but who knows :p )