Oct 16, 2017
Round 20 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th March 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Yas Marina Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Billamy
@Bas-BB
@TRL_graveltrap
@Douwe_C

Last edited:

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Unfortunately, I won't be racing this sunday. I really didn't want to miss the last race but I have an important test on monday morning.

I'll still be hosting the lobby as that is the easiest with invites and stuff.

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
Unfortunately, I won't be racing this sunday. I really didn't want to miss the last race but I have an important test on monday morning.

I'll still be hosting the lobby as that is the easiest with invites and stuff.
Sorry to hear that @RichyB you have been a pleasure to race with all season even if I have only really raced you at Singapore and I wish you the best of luck. At least for me I can close the gap to something a bit less embarrassing that 56
points but yeah you have been in a league of your own all season

• Agree
Reactions: Biolite80

Billamy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Sadly i can't make the last race of the season either. i hope to see you guys next season!

• Informative
Reactions: RichyB

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
In that case I will host a practice session like Richy did before. Just to see if my connection is stable enough. Just like @RichyB, the session will be open for friends to join. So if you don't have me as a friend, please be sure you add me.

RichyB

Oct 16, 2017
Hey guys, I will host the lobby.

So I will be in the lobby as a spectator but I'm thinking of racing anyway, without practice.

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
Unfortunately, it was not the season end I had in mind. With my pc playing up beforehand I thought I would just risk it and turned the settings to high but turn down my recording settings. In quali it finally looked like I was competitive again as I was just 2 tenths of @Borderline and with the delta on new tyres implying I could go 5 tenths faster I thought I had a chance of my first pole since russia. On my second lap I was a tenth up at turn 1 but unfortunatley slighlty cut turn 3 so my lap was invalidated. Still though I was in P2 but then in the last minute 5 people overtook me and yet again I found myself in 7th. Of the start I had another lag start but made up the positions back up to 7th by turn 4 then however the car in front braked suddenly to avoid going into the back of someone else and with nowhere to go I lost an endplate and was forced to pit for repairs and after multiple crashes on lap 1 I was the only guy who seemed to sustain damage. From there I drove well maintaining a gap to the leaders but I had lost over 40 seconds on lap 1 and was forced to switch strategy. I am very disappointed in the last few races as I have gone from 7 points down on @RichyB to 70 points down in the span of 5 races due to bad luck, crashes and a shear lack of pace partly down to the fact I cannot practice a lot now. I always try to be cautious of the start yet there always seems to be some incident. To end on a more positive note although I have had to nurse my old pc, it has been a pleasure to race you all and as I plan to race here in AL2 again I hope to see some of you next season where hopefully with a new pc I can finally get the title. Even so I am happy with how this season has gone ass in Season 13 I was 2nd last in Xbox AL so finishing 16 out of the 20 races in the top 5 and getting 3 wins was more than I could ever hope for, and the fact the championship was only decided at Brazil at least provides some comfort, well at least @IntergalacticGentleman and I won the constructors I suppose, anyway hope to race some of you again

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
My first win! I usually don’t show much emotion, so my reaction on Discord might not sounded like I was that happy.

My race was very uneventfull, but will post my POv tonight anyway. Apart from a strange Desync with Kasi and @RichyB overtaking me while he still had a pitstop to serve, nothing happened for me. Start was oke, no big mistakes but only a few minor ones. And finished first properly this time, unlike the race on COTA, lol.

Agent Smith

Pro Karter
Aug 19, 2015
Congratz Borderline with victory, watched your video, nice driving.
Here is my race:

Looking forward to next season, I hope I will be more lucky that in Abu Dhabi...

Nakianu

Formula Karter
Dec 23, 2017
(unedited) some touchin in the first lap (some1 pushed me of the track but it was fine) still came 5th with an oke 1 stopper strategy but startin on the SS instead of US wich kinda slowed me down (in the practice race my 1 stop was faster US to S)

RichyB

Oct 16, 2017
Good way to end off the season for me, 2nd place. I knew that @Borderline would have the upper hand for this race and what a gap he pulled!
I was stuck behind @Biolite80 for some laps and couldn't overtake him because he had good exits going onto the straights and I ran higher downforce. So I had to overtake him somewhere in sector 3, which I managed to do at some point.

Congratulations to @Borderline on his first win in the last race and @Biolite80 on his podium to finish this season on a high! Very deserved.

• Optimistic

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 14, 2017
I gotta say I did not expect a podium coming into this race at all. I couldn't believe the Second time I set in Quali, was over the moon. Had a nice uneventful start, unlike my poor teammate (sorry @Raining Thunder ) Than I just drove my 1 stopper. I was happy keeping @RichyB at bay for around 16 laps, but his god like driving skills overtook mine ;). I wish I had video for all however YouTube keeps claiming copyright infringement for the FIA even though its just clips of me driving, guess I'm not the only one with this problem. I might try upping it to twitch. You guys have all been great and I have made friendships and comraderies that will last a long time. Looking forward to season 15!

• Kappa
Reactions: RichyB

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
quite pleased with my 6th place. I had a good battle with @Kryxeno but I bumped into the back of him and broke my wing which forced me into another pit stop. not a bad race considering I qualified in 10 or 11th. This season has been bittersweet in the sense that I DNF'd so many times and had victory snatched from me in Monaco by letting my nerves get the best of me to my first ever podium in Hungary with an intense battle with @EditedStorm27 that had me sweating and learning so much with all of you and even making a few friends in the process which I never thought would happen. Thanks everyone for an awesome rookie season and to those who stuck it out through thick and thin from the beginning.

Last edited:

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017

5:55 first quali run (1:38,629)
14:00 second quali run (1:37,949)
17:30 race start
32:25 overtaking Kasi's desync'd car
36:25 my first and only pitstop, rejoining 2nd