Aug 19, 2017
Round 20 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th March 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Yas Marina Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Nick Brown

S15 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Sep 21, 2017
Well that was a hectic race. Congratulations to @lukeholmes792 for the win, my race was a bit of a 'bottle job' I had a decent-ish qualifying for once although I lost 0.2 in the middle sector which would of put me 3rd but its better than my recent efforts, I got ahead of @Golzy at the start and settled into 4th. @CWL Juice retired and @lukeholmes792 made a mistake at the 2nd chicane to promote me to 2nd, I pitted lap 10 for SS and as I was leaving the pits it came up with @Jamie Brooks has retired, so I was leading by about 3 seconds after the pitstops, @lukeholmes792 then caught me at about half a second a lap and we had a great battle ruined by me forgetting to break early enough for the 2nd chicane, I then tried a bit of an ambitious move up the inside going into the corner before you go under the hotel and we ran out of space, he then tried to let me back past, so there was a little bit of a comical scene as we both tried to let each other past and @jazzman77709876 dived up my inside, I then had a bit of a shocker and picked up two pens (only the 2nd race this season I've picked up any pens), but fortunately had less than @jazzman77709876 and picked up my 11th podium of the season, but really I should of let @lukeholmes792 through and followed him home. Cheers to everyone who competed this season it's been a lot of fun, I should be back next season as well, hopefully see most of you then.

lukeholmes792

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 19, 2017
Well that was a hectic race. Congratulations to @lukeholmes792 for the win, my race was a bit of a 'bottle job' I had a decent-ish qualifying for once although I lost 0.2 in the middle sector which would of put me 3rd but its better than my recent efforts, I got ahead of @Golzy at the start and settled into 4th. @CWL Juice retired and @lukeholmes792 made a mistake at the 2nd chicane to promote me to 2nd, I pitted lap 10 for SS and as I was leaving the pits it came up with @Jamie Brooks has retired, so I was leading by about 3 seconds after the pitstops, @lukeholmes792 then caught me at about half a second a lap and we had a great battle ruined by me forgetting to break early enough for the 2nd chicane, I then tried a bit of an ambitious move up the inside going into the corner before you go under the hotel and we ran out of space, he then tried to let me back past, so there was a little bit of a comical scene as we both tried to let each other past and @jazzman77709876 dived up my inside, I then had a bit of a shocker and picked up two pens (only the 2nd race this season I've picked up any pens), but fortunately had less than @jazzman77709876 and picked up my 11th podium of the season, but really I should of let @lukeholmes792 through and followed him home. Cheers to everyone who competed this season it's been a lot of fun, I should be back next season as well, hopefully see most of you then.

it was a great battle mate! great battle all season long! ashame it had to wait until the last race for us to finally battle on track, the most fun ive had all season! congrats you consistent bastard hahaha:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reactions: Nick Brown

lukeholmes792

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 19, 2017
My Race highlights (and lowlights)

Can someone explain why this is blocked I have left the logo off
Cause F1 are being right bellends at the minute and keep blocking everything, you leave all the intros out too?

Harinioarg

PS4 F1 Assist Leagues Overseer
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 25, 2018
Bad drive at the begging, good at the middle part of the race and the worst end. I have participated in 4-5 races i think (as i joined in the end) and i am lacking of cosistency and bad qualifying (but good starts) . Singapore from 15th->5th and Mexico Podium, while in brazil i DNF. I think i have learned a lot by that 5 races and if i decide and the league to race for the next season i will target the top5 finish in the championship . Thanks everyone for the clean races and fun battles we had. We ll see if we race again together or not. Its been a plesure !!

Larkin

2-time AOR PS4 Assist League 1 Champion
Dec 29, 2017
Some of you all had a hectic race, whereas I ended the first lap in 4th, and spent the rest of the race tootling around by myself in the same position! Thanks everyone for the races, hopefully be seeing at least some of you next season.