PC - Round 20 - Brazilian Grand Prix [17/03/2091 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 20 - Brazilian Grand Prix [17/03/2091 08:00PM]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 20 - Brazilian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 17th March 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autódromo José Carlos Pace
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Neil Bywater

Last edited:

cata82

Pro Karter
Sep 8, 2018
@TheVerenzak i am unsure i can make it either, last hour changes and having some guests in the house. In case i am not there at 8:00 PM sharp UK time, then please don't wait anymore for me, it means i didn't make it.

LE: i confirm i can't make it tonight guys, have fun! :)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TheVerenzak

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Pretty sure that's the shortest race I've ever done.

@djole74 got hit by someone in front, he spun around and unfortunately I couldn't avoid his car. DNF.
Really goddamn annoying.

xDerpOG

Formula Karter
Jun 17, 2016
I really don't have anything to say other than I would have had more fun missing today's race to play Euro Truck Simulator 2... The only part I enjoyed was a bit of a battle with @earicx at the end.

Off the line @defisparta came across the track and I had to do an evasive maneuver and hit the brakes but I still got front wing damage and it caused a chain reaction to an accident further back. I pitted at the end of lap 2 I pitted onto soft tires and again around lap 20. I was alone until the last 5 laps. I'm just disappointed that this has affected my championship position when there was nothing I could do about it.

BlackPanthor

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2018
quali was good for me as it was very tight and close between top 5 :). started p3
race start went very good as i timed it perfect but then i think @Sweatu broke bit to late and hitted my back, which is a shame because we could have a good battle for sure. then nothing really happend as @DwergC , me and @Diallo went away from all the rest. then i pitted at lap 13 right behind @DwergC which was close as hell but we came out just in front of @Diallo who stopped earlier for 2 stop. then lap later @Diallo did an incredible divebomb on me like ricciardo would do so i was bit suprised but yeah… Few laps later my drs wing (yes here it comes) was STUCK OPEN YET AGAIN #thankscodemasters. few laps later it wwas luckily enough fixed, but the gap was then so big with @DwergC so he literally dominated the grand prix. at the end @Diallo closed the gap very well but it was big enough for me to stay in P2;
Congrats to all of the drivers and especially @DwergC and @Diallo for their strong performance... 2 guys at the podium from the lower countries as they say here ;) #BENE

• Winner
Reactions: cata82 and Diallo

Frihman

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 1, 2018
In qualifying I pretty much did as good a lap as I could. I had barely practiced, only doing like 10 laps of time trial before the race. P12 was pretty much expected, but I was still kinda disappointed.

The race though, one of my best ever. Got off to an alright start, and started to gain positions because my softs were working really well. After my pitstop I was able to get some good pace on the mediums until the end. Had some good battles with @Levingston and @earicx . There was a pretty large pack of quicker cars behind me during the last few laps. I had it all under control though and lead the pack until the end :D P5! Congrats to @DwergC for the win and to @Diallo and @BlackPanthor on the podium.

Barely practiced last week and this week, yet both races were the best in quite a while. Maybe I should stop practicing altogether :unsure:

Mali Baćo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 17, 2018
Not much to say this time. I was really looking towards this race but I leave Brazil quite unhappy.

Qualy was decent, although could have been better (as always). Got P9 after @Levingston got a 5 place drop in the qualy.

I had a good start, charging past @xDerpOG and @earicx as they tangled when @defisparta crossed the track. Being confident in my car, I started to apply pressure on the Williams driver and challenge for P6. However, a game lag and desync threw him off the track when I joined behind to maximize tow from him. I am sorry Defi, if you want to report it - it's fine. I have the video which will be featured in my highlights but I did nothing wrong here, other than thinking about desync.

After apologizing live on Discord I went on to attack further and chase my rival @BlackPanthor. I nearly got ahead of @MrPanda-6 after his costly error in Sector 2, but he held the line at the beginning of Sector 3. I dived on the inside into turn 1, but it was too optimistic so I ploughed through, nearly going off the track.

Game freeze gave my position to @Levingston. I started making errors, so I went off the track in Sector 2, completing a WRX event (DIRT Rally 2.0 anyone?) and rejoining two corners after. I lost further two positions there. Fumes started to show above my head and next to my ears.

After a long and respectful battle with @earicx I managed to regain that position. I decided to go for a 2-stop strategy, so I pitted for Soft tyres at the end of Lap 11. Rejoining on a free track, I had to get only past @leenvollaard which I completed easily on fresher tyres. Then I started to save up fuel and ERS for battles I expected towards the end.

Soon I met @Levingston again, who went on a 1-stop strategy. We were challenging each other all the time because we had different setups. Great respect from a driver I love to battle. I pulled a fancy overtake around the long right hander of Sector 2, one of the most exotic places to overtake at.

I did my second stop at the end of Lap 24 - for Super Soft tyres. I tried to push and regain the lost time, which was planned, but my pace was nowhere near the drivers in front. In fact, @xDerpOG on Softs was pulling a gap on me so I could only get that single point - far off from what I wanted. Being low on fuel and ERS, I couldn't even push for the fastest lap.

Congratulations to @DwergC for pole and podium, as well to @BlackPanthor and @Diallo for podium finishes.

See you at the final race. Highlights due tomorrow.

leenvollaard

Pro Karter
Jan 15, 2019
Nothing to say.... I came to AOR to up my game. Today was my second race and did my best to finish. I drove 1 lap in qualy and picked up p15. I wasn't able to compete in qualy pace anyway, I could have done a 1.08 maybe but I thought it wasn't worth the efford. So the race starts and right after the start 2 guys crash into eachother and luckily I was able to dodge both. I went from p15 to p7 in 3 laps time and I was hoping to atleast finish in the points. I did a 1 stop strat but I wasn't able to keep up with the pace so I decided to save tires, ERS and fuel from lap 25 on and maybe get the fastest lap of the race. I switched to SuperSofts in round 28 to up the pace and went full power and did a 1.09.4. This acctually was the fastest lap of the race.
I am quite happy to atleast finish and hope I can do the same next week and get some points in.

congrats to @DwergC for his win and to @BlackPanthor and @Diallo for their podium finishes.
See you all next week!

earicx

Pro Karter
Sep 5, 2018
Thanks @xDerpOG, @Mali Baćo and @Frihman for some fun and clean racing there! Had a yellow front wing during the first stint because of the incident in the start, really annoying. You can really tell my understeer from @Mali Baćo 's video haha.

Pretty good race though, car felt great on the second stint with the softs. Shame that more drivers didn't show up as it was quite empty on the track at times.

Levingston

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Yeah penultimate race isnt it....

Finished P9 but it was a pretty stupid sequence of penalties during the weekend. First got a +5 grid penalty because of a collision with @MrPanda-6 while I was trying to let him pass off the line somehow we collided. Resulted in a +5 grid penalty. Originally I was P9 but got back into P14. Eventually it was a messy 1st lap in total which worked for me as I got back up to P6.

From that point on my strat was clear. Extend the SS's and try to finish with M's which worked pretty well. Yet I had great battles with @Frihman and @Mali Baćo (which he pulled a very cool overtake on me). Unfortunately I had a +5 sec penalty for entering the pits with 81, and 80 being the limit. I also got 6 seconds of penalties with the track limits. I originally finished in P6 but with 11 seconds of penalty in total I got back down to P9. I got 2 points which is pretty cool, yet it could've been much better.

Congrats to @DwergC, @BlackPanthor and @Diallo.

Off to finale!

Pandacruiser

Formula Karter
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah penultimate race isnt it....

Finished P9 but it was a pretty stupid sequence of penalties during the weekend. First got a +5 grid penalty because of a collision with @MrPanda-6 while I was trying to let him pass off the line somehow we collided. Resulted in a +5 grid penalty. Originally I was P9 but got back into P14. Eventually it was a messy 1st lap in total which worked for me as I got back up to P6.

From that point on my strat was clear. Extend the SS's and try to finish with M's which worked pretty well. Yet I had great battles with @Frihman and @Mali Baćo (which he pulled a very cool overtake on me). Unfortunately I had a +5 sec penalty for entering the pits with 81, and 80 being the limit. I also got 6 seconds of penalties with the track limits. I originally finished in P6 but with 11 seconds of penalty in total I got back down to P9. I got 2 points which is pretty cool, yet it could've been much better.

Congrats to @DwergC, @BlackPanthor and @Diallo.

Off to finale!
Yeah that +5 gird pen was BS. I lost the car going into the corner and slightly hit your car and you end up getting the Pen. Great game