PS4 - Round 20 - Brazilian Grand Prix - 17th March 2019 [8:00pm (UK time)] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 20 - Brazilian Grand Prix - 17th March 2019 [8:00pm (UK time)]

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Round 20 - Brazilian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 17th March 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autódromo José Carlos Pace
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Salvo Failla
@Jari
@chris130256

Last edited:

Martin_Robertson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
1pt the gap between me and @chris130256 as the race hots up to be the first loser! Also @JimiRäikkönen with an outside chance with the speed he’s been showing lately. I like Brazil but seems to be another one of those tracks that causes me all sorts of problems!

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Bit of an anti climax for me as I doubt I can do the final 2 races? A family meet up next Sunday and the following Sunday I'm in a football tournament. Looks like you'll be the first loser @Limaro_83. It's been good racing with you. We have both had our share of bad luck. I had 5 races (including last night) where, in the opening lap, I've been punted off the track and ended up last. It's been exciting trying to do a come back but ruined any chance of competing for top spot. No complaints though. Bottom league isn't going to have the same driving skill levels as the higher leagues. Still a good season.

Martin_Robertson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Bit of an anti climax for me as I doubt I can do the final 2 races? A family meet up next Sunday and the following Sunday I'm in a football tournament. Looks like you'll be the first loser @Limaro_83. It's been good racing with you. We have both had our share of bad luck. I had 5 races (including last night) where, in the opening lap, I've been punted off the track and ended up last. It's been exciting trying to do a come back but ruined any chance of competing for top spot. No complaints though. Bottom league isn't going to have the same driving skill levels as the higher leagues. Still a good season.
Ah well that’s a bit disappointing. Was looking forward to a good battle but if that’s the case, it’s been good racing against you and hopefully our paths cross again

Reactions: chris130256

Martin_Robertson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Anyone that’s intetested there is a Brazil social Friday night.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I might make the race Sunday being dependant on how I feel after a 3 hour drive and if I'm back home on time? I want to having practised yesterday and seeing that I'm quite fast. 1.08.0 is my fastest in TT atm.

Reactions: Martin_Robertson

Martin_Robertson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
I might make the race Sunday being dependant on how I feel after a 3 hour drive and if I'm back home on time? I want to having practised yesterday and seeing that I'm quite fast. 1.08.0 is my fastest in TT atm.
Youll be fine Chris, i want to earn 2nd place! I’ve not done any practice practice yet but have the day off Friday so will get a few hours in then.

Reactions: chris130256

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
As mentioned earlier in the week I'd be at a family meet today. I can confirm now I won't be able to race tonight. I hope you all have a great race. Sorry I can't be there.

Martin_Robertson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
QUALI P4
Final run and Corner cut 2 corner 2nd corner :rolleyes:

RACE P6
Upto 3rd at the start and sat just outside the DRS zone of @louielouie50 for remainder of first stint. Got held in pits which let @Nick-1054 jump me. Manage to get past him then build a 6 sec gap only to throw it all away at the end of the stint by losing the back end. After 2nd round of pits Nick jumps me again. We then battle for a few laps before he goes for a highly optimistic overtake which results with me going off. Obviously feeling guilty he drops back and waits for me to finish if our battle for the final few laps :LOL:

Congrats to @JimiRäikkönen on the win and @Hunter17 , @Wesley3071 rounding out the podium.

Last edited:

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Q - P14
R - P10

Qualification (0:00) -
Unfortunately I didn't record it but I managed (for the first time I believe?) to DNF from qualy. Put the pedal to the floor exiting Turn 12 and ended up binning it into the wall, tearing off a wheel at Turn 13. Damn... P14 it is. Might as go full-tilt for the final two races.

Pre-Race Interview - Well I destroyed my card during Qualy, so starting from P14 means I'll have to keep it clean and go the distance, salvaging whatever points I can. What more do you want me to say?

Strategy (0:03) - Go for the simple one-stopper, Softs > Mediums, then adjust should I break a wing. For fuel I went for a low fuel load. Since there is only one real "main-straight", I didn't want to worry about changing fuel mixes. Lap 1 would be Rich mix, followed by Standard for the remainder of the race. Use the ERS for overtaking.

LIGHTS OUT! (2:55) - Behind @xGATECRASHERx and @Da Eagle with @danio and @SEAN-GBR behind me, I knew I could trust the Senna S's to be clean. @danio can be aggressive driver so I figured I should keep my distance to lower the risk of any damage.

Lap 1 (3:33) - @Da Eagle and @xGATECRASHERx run wide exiting Turn 4. I attempt to overtake but it doesn't quite work out. Single file now, sandwiched between the SS runners.

Lap 4 (7:15) - @xGATECRASHERx and @Da Eagle are still going at it with their SS tires, meanwhile I'm holding place in P12 with my Softs. @monkeymeg44 is very close behind in P13 on SS. Exiting turn 5 @KroNoS271 and @ramma are off-track. Up into P11.

Lap 4 (7:50) - @monkeymeg44 hits my rear, I loose the rear-end but manage to keep it on track. Probably a broken wing on the McLaren?

Lap 5 (8:10) - @xGATECRASHERx and @Da Eagle continue their fight through the Senna S's.

Lap 5 (8:20) - With max ERS and DRS I miss my braking point and go on the inside of @xGATECRASHERx, running into his sidepod. He continues on but I lose the fronts and fall to P13. Damn...

Lap 6 (9:30) - Good run on @SEAN-GBR for the overtake, but @SEAN-GBR goes for the switch-back. Unfortunately it looks like he looses the rear-end and goes into the wall for a DNF. I didn't feel any impact from my car?

Lap 9 (13:20) - @KroNoS271 dives to the inside for the overtake. No point in fighting against the SS runners. I'll use them to tow me a bit around the track.

Lap 12 (16:40) - @Nick-1054 is close behind on fresh Softs and goes to the inside for the overtake. No point in fighting against the front-runners on 12-lap-old Softs. However, @Nick-1054 gives me a love-tap, pushing me off-circuit. I run straight through the Senna S's and lose a position to @Limaro_83. -4000 points to Nick. ;) P8 now.

Lap 14 (19:00) - @MJ7 overtakes me entering the Senna S's.

Lap 15 (20:30) - @louielouie50 is rejoining after a spin, forcing me wide through turns 1 and 2. Phew, that was close! Could have been a safer rejoin?

Lap 16 (23:00) - BOX BOX BOX! Onto the Mediums. I exit the pits in P12. Keep the head down and keep it clean for some points.

Lap 32 (41:45) - @monkeymeg44 goes for the overtake on SS tires. At this point all I can do is try to keep up and hope for the best for any DNF's and penalties.

ACROSS THE LINE! (47:30) - P10! A single point but I'll take it!

Post-Race Interview - After destroying the car in qualifying, P10 is a decent result at Interlagos. The track is a joy to drive overall, so keeping to the strategy and making very few mistakes lead to a decent result. It's a single point, but better than nothing.

Congrats to @JimiRäikkönen on the win!
Congrats to @Hunter17 and @Wesley3071 on rounding out the podium!

Onto the final race of the season at Abu Dhabi!

louielouie50

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2018
Quali: P1 - My first pole in AOR! Very happy with the lap, did two laps on my first run and thought I'd nothing left to gain, thrilled to find another 4/10ths on my second attempt. Bonus being an all Toro Rosso front row also

Race: DNF - Got a poor start so @Hunter17 overtook me into T1, followed about 2 seconds behind him before his first stop, took my SS through to lap 13 to do the 1-stop. Unfortunately made a mistake my first lap out of the pits after being overtaken by @Limaro_83 , lost the rear into T1 and my sideways car blocked @Nick-1054 in the process.

Just sort of got on with it after that despite being frustrated, the car felt awful all race, super understeery on both sets of tyres but my lap-times were at least consistent - @Wesley3071 was about 4.5 secs behind me throughout the final 10 laps, knowing I had a 5 sec penalty I was pushing to extend that, but final lap freak accident (again!) - my foot got tangled in my pedal wire, meaning I missed the brake and went straight into the wall out of T2. Hopefully getting all of my bad luck out of the way for next season - a frustrating run of DNFs since the summer break.