PC - Round 20 - YabbaAbuDhabiDoo Grand Prix [18/03/2018 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 20 - YabbaAbuDhabiDoo Grand Prix [18/03/2018 08:00PM]

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 20 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th March 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Yas Marina Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Last edited:
Reactions: R.A.J.

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Season Finalé!!

Shame the title race is already over this could have been an interesting race! hope you can make it back @Flips

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
I am pretty confident that we will be keeping that no back to back winner thing alive for this final race

Andrei Ivan

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2016
Hello guys,
I want to thank you everyone for this season. It was not one of my best, no podium for me until the last race...
Definetely for the next season i will prepare with a new PC, because i think that was the main issue for me in these season, poor performance by low graphic card.980gtx 4gb.
Maybe i was in the wrong split, maybe too high or i don' t know, i was second after Lamp in tt qualifying for this season in S6 so...i was hoping to be much higher than 10th place on standing.
Let's see how will gonna be the last race of the season, probably no rain tonight.
Congratiolations to @Jipper for title.
All the best to all.

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Hello guys,
I want to thank you everyone for this season. It was not one of my best, no podium for me until the last race...
Definetely for the next season i will prepare with a new PC, because i think that was the main issue for me in these season, poor performance by low graphic card.980gtx 4gb.
Maybe i was in the wrong split, maybe too high or i don' t know, i was second after Lamp in tt qualifying for this season in S6 so...i was hoping to be much higher than 10th place on standing.
Let's see how will gonna be the last race of the season, probably no rain tonight.
Congratiolations to @Jipper for title.
All the best to all.
Time trial is a good indicator but it doesn't always show how pace in the race! i think the cood had a real handful this season due the the sheer amount of new signups so it was difficult to judge based on timetrial alone and no previous race history. but you raced well. consistency is key and you definitely have that! (Y)

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Ah this is so damn annoying, but I can't make it to this one :(

Really wanted to race one last time with all of you, but some stuff kind of got in the way at the last minute :/

So to all of you, good luck and have fun tonight! It's really weird to end the season already, and in this way. But I had a lot of fun this season, I think we had a really nice group and some good fun races!
Anyway, have fun tonight! I'll write a proper end-of-season message sometime tomorrow :)

Indigo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
Even in the last race there are people who can’t refrain from divebombing from miles away. I enjoyed the season, nonetheless.

ApplePhysics

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2017
Well what a shame to end the season with a disconnection. Thank you all for making this season such a blast and I hope to see you all in the future, whether it be later seasons or just in public lobbies. Also thank you @TheVerenzak for doing such a great job as coordinator.

See you all soon!

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Proper BS this time around. 1. Arguably worst track on the calendar, after Sochi that is. 2. Pedals DISCONNECTED with 4 laps to go, while running for my best result of the season, P4.

Been an enjoyable season, even though I've only been here since Spa. Learnt a lot from this league and racing with you all. Thanks for being such an awesome coordinator @TheVerenzak, and congrats to @Jipper on winning the driver championship, along with @Scott_Aitchison on the constructors as well. On to S15!

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q- 5th
R- 3rd

Probably could have improved by a few tenths in qualifying, but it was still a good lap, race start was slow as usual, I was running 8th by the end of lap 1, a few drivers made mistakes around me and I was 4th by the first pitstop. I decided to go for a 1 stop as I felt the tyre wear wasn't too bad round here. I was up to 3rd after @ApplePhysics unfortunate disconnection and I stayed there until the end by being consistent and staying out of trouble. Congrats to @Jipper on the win and between us we managed to win the constructors championship aswell as @Jipper wining the drivers championship! It has been a pleasure racing against you all this season, I hope to see you all next season!!! (Unfortunately my OBS crashed so I have no recording of this race)

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
Not much to say about the race so I'll keep it short:

Qualy P3
Race P2

I settled in 2nd place until the stops and I had no challange from behind because some of them ran into trouble. I was more or less similar on pace with @Jipper but I made the wrong call to pit for softs because Supersofts were easily able to make it to the end. I pitted too late for softs anyway. Sooooo I drove some 15 or so laps lonely in 2nd place. I was also very inconsistent because a) Couldn't practice at all and b) 11 ballast was too twitchy. Couldn't make it more interesting for you in the final race Jipper, sorry :p

Also, well done to @Scott_Aitchison, he dismissed any hope of constructors win by taking the last podium position!

Overall, this has been a very good experience. I missed 10 races, drove 10 races and managed to battle the best of this league in that short period of time. I've met some of you on discord and from what I've seen, you are all very sweat people. You are what made this experience great because at the end of the day, we are all here to have a little fun

Big thanks to @TheVerenzak for dealing with everything related to our league and also, for being awesome

I'll probably be doing S15, looking forward to see you all around. Especially you @Jipper, we are not done yet... ;)

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Qualy: P1
Race: P1
Season: Drivers + Constructors CHAMPION!

Qualy session was okay, put in as fast time, i did drop a few tenths but luckily was still good enough for Pole so i was happy to finish off the season starting from the front spot!

Race was pretty much a sprint to start with and a marathon towards the end, given the tyre strat i'd chosen, The first few laps i was fending off @schumizeu but i think on lap 3 or 4 he spun out at T1 on the curb, which left me a nice gap to @Snook now in P2 of around 3.5 seconds, However because i'd burned up my rears so much defending from @schumizeu i started to lose alot of rear grip and was losing time to @Snook, i managed to keep the gap to around 1.5/2 seconds before the pit phases started, @Snook went for the undercut on lap 10 and came out on Softs, i pitted on lap 11 and came back out on SS, the undercut worked however i came out in the DRS distance so i was straight on the attack. a couple of laps later after clean fighting i was passed @Snook and started pulling away, the SS strat definately was the faster one as 6-7 laps later id pulled over 5 seconds gap and maintained that gap mostly till the end of the race, few mistakes here and there meant @Snook pulled back some time but then I put in a Qually style lap and managed to get the fastest lap at one point half way through the stint! but that didnt last long as the 2 stoppers smashed that lap later in the race,

It was the best finish i could ask for to end a wonderful season, i did'nt expect to have so much success this year, okay it was helped by Lamp being removed from the league. and @Flips not being able to make the last 3 races so i didnt have to fight to keep the lead at the end of the season, so its a bittersweet Championship win, but you've got to be in it to win it as they say! and im glad you all were, i've had a great season and enjoyed the mostly clean racing from the league, Hope to see you all taking part in S15! and im sure a few of you will be racing against me again!

Thanks to @Scott_Aitchison for being a great team mate! and putting in the performances between us to steal the Constructors at the end of the season! we were miles behind at mid season but really turned up the wick and beat the odds to snatch it from the Sauber and Haas!

POV:

Last edited:

Levingston

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Last race report of the season then! Let's go!

Qualy - P14
I actually killed my 1st lap with a sloppy 1.39'ish laptime. My second run was much better, I was lapping like -1s delta but made a mistake again so I decided to let the drivers behind me go. And with doing that, I could not make it in time to the line. Eh, what do you know... it is me doing weird stuff on qualy again.

Race - P6
I see many people went for a one stopper. I went for 2 stops tho. And hey actually it worked. I mean I guess it did... Starting with ultras, from P14 all I had to do was avoid the trouble in front of me which I managed to do it properly, and went up to P11 at the end of the first lap. With @Nutzernutzt in front of me and @Andrei Ivan pressuring me from behind we were battling tight. Which actually caused @Andrei Ivan to lose some of his FW in the tight left,right,left section after the 2nd DRS zone. Pretty unfortunate, he had to get into the pits. As chaos happened with more people in front of us, I managed to advance up to 5th with the pitstops.

After my first stop @Ronnin1978 caught to me with softs which made me nervous cuz seeing people around me with a strategy of 1 stopper was bad since I was going for 2 stops. We also had an incident too if you check out his POV above and thats where I lost my endplate... Luckily I was on fresh ultras, and didn't lose that much time. I was still able to almost get maximum of my tyres. So instead of coming in early for a new FW I just did my second stop as it was scheduled. Took the supersofts, took a new wing, it was time to give it a last push. Some great battles happened with many names, again with @Andrei Ivan and @R.A.J. Like 2 laps to go or something, I was chasing @R.A.J. and I was going to make a move on him with newer SS rubber, yet got too aggressive, made him lose his back end which made me feel terrible about it. Didn't mean to take him out. Again, so sorry @R.A.J. .

Congrats to @Jipper for the win and @Snook, @Scott_Aitchison on their podium effort drives.

So guys! This was a fun race and a very enjoyable season! Most likely I'll do S15. It was fun racing you all, I enjoyed it a lot, even though I raced for only 9 races. I feel like I learnt a lot from you guys (about the game, driving etc.) Also thanks for the high level of respect around here and on track, loved it! Congrats to @Jipper on winning the drivers title and @Scott_Aitchison for getting the constructors title with, again, @Jipper. Also a huge shoutout to my teammate @TheVerenzak on doing an amazing job coordinating the league. Hoping to see you all next season!

Last edited:

R.A.J.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Q 10
R 10
Qualy Got 10th could have been higher, was 0.5 seconds up but must of got dazzled by the pretty colored lights going under the hotel.

Race
Had an okay start but got squeezed in the first corner accordion and lost a couple of front wing elements, was enough of a down force loss though to affect the handling so pretty much dropped back to last as I didn't want to risk making it worse. Still had a good first stint took the US to lap 10 and pitted for SS which held up surprisingly well. Was only at 30% on rears at lap 20 so I decided to try and take them to the end. Was keeping up with @Nutzernutzt and was between .2 and .6 of my fastest lap so was being hopeful. On lap 24 was actually in 5th place with a hard charging @TwoFiftySix coming up behind me. @TwoFiftySix don't look at the closeness in turn one as you made your pass, was a little bit close.
Then going into the chicane at the end of sector one got spun around by @Levingston which killed that charge so I decided to pit for US to see if I could get fastest lap but even with enough fuel to run rich for the rest of the race couldn't get it. Think I needed DRS assistance.
Even though was charging hard had @Ronnin1978 8 seconds in front of me at start of lap 27 and was closing in at about 4 seconds a lap but just ran out of laps to actually get past.
I will say that Barney Rubble did a much better job than Jeff so if anyone wants a slightly used engineer Jeff is available.

Good racing with you guys, congrats to @Jipper on the title, you stepped it up this season from last when I could actually battle with you. There is $10 in it for you if you tell me your secret. ;)

Probably won't be driving in any short season, what will probably be called season 15, too many work and life related event will be happening.
Will probably be back for 2018 version of F1. If they hold a beta and I manage to get on it would be more than happy to do online with others that got chosen.

Cheers all.