XB1 - Round 21 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix [02/02/20 20:00UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 21 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix [02/02/20 20:00UK]

BarryTRCTurner

AOR XB1 Radical SR3 RS Champion
Dec 9, 2018
So what a horrible event that was for me, vsc caught me out lost my wing under it, and then my stream chat went down tried to fix it and crash into a wall in a start line, atleast I qualified in p2

Docilediamond5

S18 AOR XB1 F6 Champion
Aug 21, 2019
So what a horrible event that was for me, vsc caught me out lost my wing under it, and then my stream chat went down tried to fix it and crash into a wall in a start line, atleast I qualified in p2
Yh sorry about the vsc thing mate, was tryna slow down so I wouldn’t get a drive through:(

Reactions: BarryTRCTurner

stE7Dfast

Pro Karter
Jun 24, 2017
Not a good race. Was going ok the first few laps catching Santia in the Mercedes then at the start of s3 he got loose and spun right in front of me no time to react. Wing damage and had to pit early and lost advantage of starting on mediums. Later on before second stop I got loose by the hotel in s3 and tapped the wall wing damage again and a long stop... Then around lap 20 a Ferrari tried to pass me right before the stadium section and got pushed over the kerb got a 3sec penalty... Good battle with Tom at the end.

Thanks all letting me join, some fast drivers in this league! I plan on joining next season too but might have less time to practice. Congrats @Docilediamond5 .

Jonboy507

Pro Karter
Jul 28, 2019
@stE7Dfast report our collision to the stewards if you want and get those 3 secs taken off. I'll provide footage of my end as it was my fault.

Thanks all for a good season. It looked like I was set to call it a day way back in Spain when F5 was still a thing and my lack of practice was my own undoing, but I continued as I like to see things out to the end. Since then I've realised my main problem is playing on the pad - imo it's no fun juggling ers, fuel, strategy, diff etc on a d-pad and in general the driving aspect isn't much more enjoyable. I imagine the wheel is better for control if not at least just more immersive.

No excuses though. I was nowhere near quick enough and I've not put in the time to change that. I've also been back and forth with other Sunday events on other games hence my inconsistent attendance. For these reasons I won't be joining in next season, but it's been good fun and there's been some decent battles throughout.

Maybe with a wheel I'll return for a future season. :) For now congrats to @Docilediamond5 and enjoy season 19.

PS - maybe one or two of you should try a bit harder in the time trial when signing up next time so you end up in the right league ;)

Bernie

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 7, 2016
@stE7Dfast report our collision to the stewards if you want and get those 3 secs taken off. I'll provide footage of my end as it was my fault.

Thanks all for a good season. It looked like I was set to call it a day way back in Spain when F5 was still a thing and my lack of practice was my own undoing. Since then I've realised my main problem is playing on the pad - imo it's no fun juggling ers, fuel, strategy, diff etc on a d-pad and in general the driving aspect isn't much more enjoyable. I imagine the wheel is better for control if not at least just more immersive.

No excuses though. I was nowhere near quick enough and I've not put in the time to change that. I've also been back and forth with other Sunday events on other games hence my inconsistent attendance. For these reasons I won't be joining in next season, but it's been good fun and there's been some decent battles throughout.

Maybe with a wheel I'll return for a future season. :) For now congrats to @Docilediamond5 and enjoy season 19.

PS - maybe one or two of you should try a bit harder in the time trial when signing up next time so you end up in the right league ;)
Maybe I should try a bit harder in general haha.

stE7Dfast

Pro Karter
Jun 24, 2017

Thanks all for a good season. It looked like I was set to call it a day way back in Spain when F5 was still a thing and my lack of practice was my own undoing, but I continued as I like to see things out to the end. Since then I've realised my main problem is playing on the pad - imo it's no fun juggling ers, fuel, strategy, diff etc on a d-pad and in general the driving aspect isn't much more enjoyable. I imagine the wheel is better for control if not at least just more immersive.

It's all good, wouldn't have changed the outcome anyways. You were quick you could have gotten me down the straight probably. Highly recommend the wheel if you can get one. I have a Logitech G29.