PC - ROUND 21 ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 02/02/2020 20:00 UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ROUND 21 ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 02/02/2020 20:00 UK TIME

Safety Car ON or OFF for Round 21 Abu Dhabi

• Safety Car ON

• Safety Car OFF

Results are only viewable after voting.

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
@Neil Bywater unfortunately I didn't check here to see that the qualifying ban meant to not leave the pits, since regardless of my time I started in last, that was my fault for not checking.
I think you can exit the pit, but must come back in at end of that lap. That’s how I understand it anyway.

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
i can’t understand that
Neither can I. The physics are all wrong. The late move was too late. I shouldn’t have moved in hindsight however when it’s all unfolding you react with minimal thinking time. Especially when I really didn’t expect him to move.

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
I looked again.
I guess the theory is that your wing was just past his rear wheel when he drifted left. I admit I may have been squeezing him from the right, a very shallow angle if any though, see my video.

very misleading with the cockpit view, looked as though your wing was not level with his rear wheel. Perhaps its the car collision box that codies use.

Let’s blame codemasters on this occasion.

Darkxness

S18 AOR PC F13 Champion
Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for a fantastic season guys, my first time playing a racing game and in turn league racing.
We had some great fights and in the end the top 3 were really close

I hope to see you all in the next season and congrats on 2nd and 3rd overall @Neil Bywater @exodium

Special thanks to @Steve Jackson and @Neil Bywater for coordinating, always professional and top class (y)

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Thanks for a fantastic season guys, my first time playing a racing game and in turn league racing.
We had some great fights and in the end the top 3 were really close

I hope to see you all in the next season and congrats on 2nd and 3rd overall @Neil Bywater @exodium

Special thanks to @Steve Jackson and @Neil Bywater for coordinating, always professional and top class (y)
Congratulations on the championship, well driven.

Pingulele

Pro Karter
Apr 11, 2019
@Miś Tobiś learn to drive....
I did not dubblecheck this but if i remember this right that according to the rules the car that are overtaking is responsible (with a few guidelines ofc)... All i can see here is neil getting close to his right, tobias moves over to the left or he is just trying to block you off, regardless so instead of letting go or break you turn your wheel quick to the right (the wheel in the car does at least) and you jump over and hit neil. And here is a leasson to be learn for many of us.

Dont be so quick to call people out. it''s been like this for many of us all season and it pisses me off.
Save the video. Take a breather and watch the video a few times the day after. Then you can make a post in the stewards section.

if people just stopped acting like children for next season maybe more drivers will actually stay for the entire season.(this is a problem in all Tiers of F1) We need to remember that this is a community for people just like yourself that enyoi racing and want to do it more srsly, but because of that we cant act out and tell people that they suck, or need to l2d or whatever. Becasue then people will leave, and tell their friends what a toxic community this is and not long after that there will be no one to race.

Use the Stewards panel. there is absolutly no reason to post anything in this forum about incidents. so i hope Neil can take that and maybe there will be a rule about it in the future.

And on that note, Thanks all for this season, sorry i missed some races, but work and life got in the way a lot. Hopefully if i get a spot in the next one i'll be more on the track.
Good work and thank you very much Neil on taking over the role to lead this grp of missfits :D

Take care.

Reactions: Neil Bywater

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
I did not dubblecheck this but if i remember this right that according to the rules the car that are overtaking is responsible (with a few guidelines ofc)... All i can see here is neil getting close to his right, tobias moves over to the left or he is just trying to block you off, regardless so instead of letting go or break you turn your wheel quick to the right (the wheel in the car does at least) and you jump over and hit neil. And here is a leasson to be learn for many of us.

Dont be so quick to call people out. it''s been like this for many of us all season and it pisses me off.
Save the video. Take a breather and watch the video a few times the day after. Then you can make a post in the stewards section.

if people just stopped acting like children for next season maybe more drivers will actually stay for the entire season.(this is a problem in all Tiers of F1) We need to remember that this is a community for people just like yourself that enyoi racing and want to do it more srsly, but because of that we cant act out and tell people that they suck, or need to l2d or whatever. Becasue then people will leave, and tell their friends what a toxic community this is and not long after that there will be no one to race.

Use the Stewards panel. there is absolutly no reason to post anything in this forum about incidents. so i hope Neil can take that and maybe there will be a rule about it in the future.

And on that note, Thanks all for this season, sorry i missed some races, but work and life got in the way a lot. Hopefully if i get a spot in the next one i'll be more on the track.
Good work and thank you very much Neil on taking over the role to lead this grp of missfits :D

Take care.
I think we’re all guilty of hot headed outbursts in the heat of the moment and then review and reflect. I know I did with @exodium in Austria.

I think @acerees did this here and later acknowledged it somewhere else that it may have been a codemasters proximity issue. (could have been in a personal chat with me)

onwards and upwards. Think I’m skipping the next season, may be back for 2020 but I see a busy work year so perhaps not, never been busier Brexit or not! :p .

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014

Take care.
Your right and I apologise. I’m not racing next season (which is normal for me during spring / summer). However I’m not sure I will be racing online again for a while (if ever). If I do though I think I won’t bother connecting a mic so that I can do the reflecting before the adrenaline outburst being broadcast. I still think the movement by Mis Tobis was too late given the proximity. From my POV I couldn’t see Neil squeezing him. I have a widescreen monitor and although I “could” see him it was on the edge of my monitor and I was not focusing there as there was no need to. I was purely focused in front of me and the braking point which was approaching. Anyway it’s happened nothing can change it. If I could go back and do it differently I would but it’s not possible so as with all of life’s lessons I can only try to change going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neil Bywater