Dec 9, 2016
Round 21 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 24th March 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Yas Marina Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Last edited:

Cramps

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 30, 2018
Is this Hungarys little brother? I did some practice laps and it feels like driving in wet conditions even though it is dry. Tyre temperatures are all over the place as well. Totally weired. Congrats to @iJokeri22 for 2nd place i guess :ROFLMAO:

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Is this Hungarys little brother? I did some practice laps and it feels like driving in wet conditions even though it is dry. Tyre temperatures are all over the place as well. Totally weired. Congrats to @iJokeri22 for 2nd place i guess :ROFLMAO:
Haha don't speak to soon I haven't done any laps and I normally don't go well here so all still to play for.

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
I would love to be as **** as that. Although TT setups are horrible in the race, have done no race sims as yet (probably won't).
I found a decent setup that works pretty well. It's' not too demanding on the tyres, but I don't feel comfortable enough to run a one stopper if I start in the top 10

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
So final race and still quite a few close fights to be decided.

8 points between Sauber and Ferrari for the Constructors so assuming @menk is racing then that should be quite straight forward but if Menk doesn't race then 2nd and 4th will be enough for Ferrari.

Also just 20 points between Toro Rosso, Force India and Red Bull in 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

As for the drivers obviously we have 5 points in the fight for 2nd but we also have 5th to 8th separated by 8 points and then a few further back who are very close as well so plenty still to fight for in the last race.

This has been a really fun season so lets go and finish it with a great race and give @Erti147 plenty to talk about. :)

Reactions: Cramps

Maxxwil

S17 AOR PC F8 Champion
Apr 15, 2018
Holy heck I didn't think I would make it but they let me off the boat xD, ready for the finale, lets make it a great one!

Reactions: Steve Jackson

tim_haeusli

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2018
Hey guys, I‘m really sorry, but unfortunately I‘m stuck in a traffic jam right now, so I can‘t make it. Had the chance on a 5th or 6th place overall, guess that won‘t happen :(
I just wanna say that it has been an incredible first season with you guys, lots of ups and downs but I‘m definitely going to remember the ups. Got a race win, a few podiums and some decent points. I‘ve learned a lot and you made me go to the limits, sometimes it was too much, but as I said, it‘s the ups that stay in my mind. Anyways, thanks to you all, it was a great experience. Would be cool to see some of you guys again on track, until then, stay safe and #unleashseason17 I‘m ready for some more close racing ;)
Good luck and much fun to y‘all let‘s make it a good finale! :D

Partyfuchs

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 22, 2015
Wow. Amazing way to end this season.
Pole Position while the others were closely behind me :)

Start and Lap 1 was crutial. Lost 2 places at the start and ended up at P4 at Lap 2. Somehow i was keeping the pace up and had nice fights with @menk @Billamy and @iJokeri22 until the end.
At mid race i finally came onto DRS and tried a move on @Billamy but he defended well end i had to give up his place.
At the end @iJokeri22 was closing a huge gap very quickly and tried to defend but he definetly deserved his P3.

Thanks for @Kane Jr being a good teammate all season long. Better luck next season with Renault :)

Made huge fun having clean races at this league. Probs for that.

Special thanks to @Erti147 . It's always great to listen to your commentary while summing up the race.

See you guys soon!

Kane Jr

S18 AOR PC America F2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
Qualified P10, finished P6. Not a lot to today just tried to stay out of trouble and get a clean race in. I went hypers, hypers, ultras. I caught up with @SLI and @Hinyaldee with about 3 to go. I had to tyre advantage as they both were on SS and got the moves done to secure P6.

Solid double points finish for Renault @Partyfuchs to wrap up the season. We needed it as this season has been blah.

Once again congrats to @menk on the title and thank you, F11, for a solid season and to our host @Hinyaldee for coordinating.

If I get matched up in the same split with anyone here next season than best of luck towards another AOR season!

Cramps

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 30, 2018
Finally i had the chance to go toe to toe with the mighty @menk. :D Sadly i had 5 billion penalties. I have no idea how to drive here without the occasional corner cutting. Some of my warnings were totally bullshit, it felt like. Gonna write a race/championship review tomorrow. Just wanted to say, it was great racing with you all.

Maxxwil

S17 AOR PC F8 Champion
Apr 15, 2018
PRO TIP: Don't race on 30 minutes of practice after a week of drinking on a cruise ship :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I didn't want to miss the last race with everyone though. I actually didn't start in last and somehow made up 3 spots in the opening corner. But I completely missed on the setup and after we settled in I wrecked 3 separate times. I still wanted to finish the race since it was the last one, hopefully I stayed out of the way of everyone, and hopefully everyone enjoyed the donuts at the end.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Qualified P10, finished P6. Not a lot to today just tried to stay out of trouble and get a clean race in. I went hypers, hypers, ultras. I caught up with @SLI and @Hinyaldee with about 3 to go. I had to tyre advantage as they both were on SS and got the moves done to secure P6.

Solid double points finish for Renault @Partyfuchs to wrap up the season. We needed it as this season has been blah.

Once again congrats to @menk on the title and thank you, F11, for a solid season and to our host @Hinyaldee for coordinating.

If I get matched up in the same split with anyone here next season than best of luck towards another AOR season!

Good drive mate, I got tangled up with @MAGNUSSEN as @Billamy was racing us out of the pits, but fair play you got the move done on track. Lost a bit of wing and quite a bit of time (and in the 2nd stop) behing @Ligenz and @Viggen but they were for position, so fair play again.

Didn't test the strat beforehand, pot luck with the setup. Bit understeery but raceable. Had a lot of fun really, these are the frustrations I don't mind as it's all racing!

Billamy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2017
The race didn't really go my way, as I bottled my podium, but I had great battles on track. I want to say thank you to everyone, for the amazing half season. It was a pleasure to race with all of you. Also, congratulations once more to @menk for winning the Drivers Title and to Sauber (@menk and @Footyad24) for winning the Constructors Title.

I hope I get to see you all next season!

-Billy, a.k.a. Jackdaw

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
have had a lot of fun commentating on this - started out as joke but developed into something decent - hope to see any of yous in whatever league I decide to go with next season! Cheers :D

also special guest @FisiFan91 commentating - laughing for no reason at the start haha :D

Billamy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Here's T H E B O T T L E

sorry for the quality, low end cpu life sucks. Also idk about the freeze on the start, it was fine on the stream vod. Anyway here's the clip

tim_haeusli

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2018
have had a lot of fun commentating on this - started out as joke but developed into something decent - hope to see any of yous in whatever league I decide to go with next season! Cheers :D

also special guest @FisiFan91 commentating - laughing for no reason at the start haha :D

you did a really good job doing it, hope I‘m going to be in the league you commentate xD

Reactions: Erti147