PS4 - Round 21 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - 24th March 2019 [8:00pm (UK time)] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 21 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - 24th March 2019 [8:00pm (UK time)]

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Round 21 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 24th March 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Yas Marina Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@chris130256
@Jari

Last edited:

louielouie50

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2018
Absolutely despise this track on '18, for some reason so much harder to find a balance than on previous games (SPOILER: it means I'll probably crash :D).

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Absolutely despise this track on '18, for some reason so much harder to find a balance than on previous games (SPOILER: it means I'll probably crash :D).
Last lap by any chance ;) Just had 30 mins on TT and i was all over the place, gonna be hard to set up for the long straight and then the right 3rd sector. Not looking forward to this race at all!

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Put me down as a possible no show. I've got a football match on Sunday and might not get back in time?

• Informative
Reactions: Jason007

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Q - P14
R - P8

Pre-Race interview -
Vodka... leave me alone, I know what I'm doing.

Qualy (0:00) - US > SS would be the best strategy, but decided to try for a HS lap. As you could tell it worked very well considering I pulled off a P14. Onto the race!

Strategy (2:00) - P14 gives me free tire choice. Switched to the US > SS strategy. Should wing damage occur (foreshadowing) I would switch to an aggressive two-stopper.

LIGHTS OUT (5:30) - Good start with @monkeymeg44 in front in P11 and @Salvo Failla to my right in P12. Some carbon goes flying but manage to keep it together.

Lap 1 (6:50) - @Da Eagle dives to the inside for the overtake into Turn 11, but @Salvo Failla is sideways and I go straight into him... broken wing o_O I trudge on for a few laps but have absolute horrid pace with this broken wing. Uggh

Lap 2 (9:15) - Box box box! A new wing and SS tires. I would try to take these to the end, but that's a tall order. We'll see how things go. Exit the pits dead last in P15.

-- Literally nothing happens --

Lap 18 (37:15) - Overcook the brakes on worn tires way to much and @Salvo Failla makes the overtake.

Lap 23 (46:14) - Okay, nothing is really going to change my finish position at this point. I decide to switch to some Hypers and go for the fastest lap. Spoiler warning... it doesn't work.

Lap 27 (53:25) - ACROSS THE LINE!? Uhhh wot? Apparently my POV was all jacked up and in the end I finished a lap down.

Post - Race Interview - Bwoah it could have been a better race.

Congrats to @JimiRäikkönen on the win!
Congrats to @ramma and @MJ7 to round out the podium!

Reactions: Salvo Failla

Salvo Failla

Formula Karter
Aug 9, 2018
Q: P11
R: P6

Q: This circuit isn't the best about feeling, so I finish in P11.

R: 00:03 - Start the race, I try to overtake @monkeymeg44 but I commit an error, the space for the overtake doesn't exist, so I hit him;
01:20 - I overtake @Jason007 ;
01:49 - I overtake @SEAN-GBR ;
02:07 - BOX;
02:31 - I do my second pit stop;
02:56 - I overtake @Jason007 ;
03:11 - I overtake @Da Eagle ;
03:50 - While I was in P7 @Nick-1054 goes out of the race, so I finish in P6.

I'm very happy, this is my most glorious race, whit my 8 points in Abu Dhabi my team, Sauber, wins the team title.

Thinking the season is over is a strange sensation
, but after six months of races I can say that this season, as my first online season, was Amazing.

Thanks to AOR to have gave me the opportunity to race in the most important forum of online races;
Thanks to @Nick-1054 for this season as my team-mate, winning the constructors Championship is a fantastic result for us;
Thank you all for your reliability during all this 21 races.

Now my goal is, after some weeks of break, to train myself to became more competitive for the next season.
I hope I'll see you also in F1 2019 for another season together ;)

ramma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 12, 2018
Q - 6th
R - 2nd

Quali - Only managed 1 fast lap due to misjudging the time need for the whole pit entry and exit process at the end, but it was an alright lap.

Race - Had a poor start off the line, losing a place to Limaro right away. Was able to stay close enough that when he passed Kronos I also made it by. Nick was catching quickly though and got by when DRS was enabled. As I often do I messed up my braking zone the first time I got DRS, letting Kronos get close. Some questionable tactics later and a near race ending nudge, Kronos was by me and off in the distance for now.

I had to extend my tires a lap longer than intended since in the spin MonkeyMeg and I made contact and I wasn't certain they had no wing damage that could hold me up being only ~5 seconds behind. My rears were nearing 60% wear, so I was passed by both Nick and MJ7 on the extra lap. But pitting for the SS's at lap 13/14 meant quite a few lap newer tires at the end! Not much happened from the pit stop until the last few laps where I was doing my best to manage the gap ahead and utilise what fuel and ERS I had left as efficiently as possible. I knew the penalties MJ7 and MonkeyMeg had, but not if Limaro had any, and until the final lap I hadn't even received a warning! The fresher tires really paid off as their cars kept getting closer and closer, and sure enough I was in range for 2nd by the end!

It's been a really fun season. Hope to be racing with you guys again soon!

Highlights