PC - Round 3 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [29/04/2018 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 3 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [29/04/2018 08:00PM]

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Round 3 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 29th April 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Baku City Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @schumizeu

Last edited:

Indigo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
Let’s hope my game’s not randomly closing after quali this time..

• Agree
Reactions: Dobby

Cheekymunkey78

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2018
Race Report:

Qualifying: 12th - Only did one run due to timing issues, was content with 12th but could have been better.

Race: 10th - Got took out on the second straight of the first lap when driving in a straight line and someone (not mentioning any names) pinned me up against the wall and I lost the whole of my front wing. Limped back to the pits, rejoined in 18th (last) three quarters of a lap down (on lap 2). Kept it clean and on the pit to change to dry tyres I put on the mediums and made them last to the end. Made steady progress and with 5 laps to go I was up to 9th but the car behind was on fresh SS and was far quicker than me anyway.

Happy for a point on my worst track with no warnings but can't help thinking what might have been if I was not taken out.

Reactions: Hooper

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Qualifying: P10.
Nothing special here, need to improve my qualy pace.

Race: P3???!
Nice and clean race for me, was very cautious during the rain period and went a lot more aggressive during the dry period, which really worked out. Had a red front wing for 12 laps but the guy behind never caught up to me thankfully.
My first podium in AOR and it was done with half a front wing and a Honda engine.

Indigo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
Was leading until I missed my braking point and ended up in the wall. Can’t seem to catch any luck this season. ‍♂

Sabba7h

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Qualy: P5

What can I say? Lol. I knew going into the race that I was going to be fast, but that was unprecedented. Initially I was P4 and .075 off Dobby in P2, then I did a second lap and improved by about 1 and a half tenths, then got demoted to 5th by Forsaken. Was still jumping in my seat nonetheless.

Race: P8? P7? Not sure, will have to check

I jumped Forsaken going into turn 1 and Spud into turn 2 and took 4th, then Dobby unfortunately hit the wall and I took 3rd. Was trying to determine my braking points in the wet so I let him past so I didn't mess him up any more than he already was. Then I got swallowed up, pitted for super softs, and came out ahead of aschumi. Guy rear ends me TWICE going into turn two. He let me past after I had to let him go because of a bullshit "Illegal overtake" and warning for hitting him, then he let me by. I will put it in the stewards because I was having a decent race up to that point and I could have finished in the top 5 as that cost me 3 positions. Nonetheless another points finish in a split I originally thought I didn't belong in. :)

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q- 12th
R- 7th

I was half a second up on my second lap, then spun out of the last corner, annoying as I could have gone much faster. Race start was pretty normal, I was keeping out of trouble for the first few laps, on lap 4, I was side by side into the castle section so I had to back out, I think I was ahead but I wasn't risking an accident. Strategy wise, I think 2 stints on the super soft was the fastest, but I didn't have the pace and from running 5th at one point I finished 7th. Overall nothing special this week but happy to have finished and to have scored points. My POV is below:

Cheekymunkey78

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2018
Qualifying: P10.
Nothing special here, need to improve my qualy pace.

Race: P3???!
Nice and clean race for me, was very cautious during the rain period and went a lot more aggressive during the dry period, which really worked out. Had a red front wing for 12 laps but the guy behind never caught up to me thankfully.
My first podium in AOR and it was done with half a front wing and a Honda engine.
How is the new T150 wheel and T3PA pedals working out for you? ;)

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
How is the new T150 wheel and T3PA pedals working out for you? ;)
The TMX Wheel you mean? ;)
Turns out to be really good, had done no practice whatsoever in the rain and somehow gained 7 positions just like that. Let’s get that constructors shall we? :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Cheekymunkey78

Dobby

Reigning S14 AOR PC F8 Champion
Sep 16, 2017
Q - 2nd
R - DNF.

I think baku is one of my best tracks, and I believe if I didn't **** up so bad in the rain I could've gotten a podium. But after 3 smashed wings it was over.. Clipped the wall into the long straight, which send me straight into the other wall causing my wheel to break. Race over.. Still gutted about it. Hope this doesn't come around and haunt me in Bahrain.