PS4 - Round 3 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [29/04/2018 8PM UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 3 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix [29/04/2018 8PM UK]

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 3 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 29th April 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Baku City Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@S40TYD

Driver Questions:

How would you rate your China race out of 10?

Will we see more rain at Baku? If so, how do you think you'll cope?

Podium prediction?

Last edited:

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
7/10. Pretty good tyre management, but sadly not good enough for a podium. Still a good recovery drive.

Maybe. It will be absolute carnage though, but I feel like I could survive.

Podium prediction?
1. @tough_2_handle
2. @Sneaky24-7Ninja
3. @Golzy

TheTubbyNinja

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 15, 2017
2/10 Was having a great race after a great qualifying until I made a stupid mistake that wrecked it all. A 'what could have been' race.

I'd say its like a 20% chance of it being present to some extent. How do I think I'll cope? Simple, I won't.

Podium prediction?
1. @Tincan394
2. @tough_2_handle
3. @Golzy

BenJS1244

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 14, 2018
Round 3 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 29th April 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Baku City Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@S40TYD

Driver Questions:

How would you rate your China race out of 10? 10/10

Will we see more rain at Baku? If so, how do you think you'll cope? I think I will just about cope but don’t see anything special happening if it rains

Podium prediction?
1. @Golzy
2. @XxHAMMERTIME95Xx
3. @tough_2_handle

AORHAMILTON

Formula Karter
Jan 11, 2017
2/10, considering it was my strongest as i had the pace on everyone in qualifying and the race in the practice sessions i did bit annoyed that i didn't do a good enough job.

no. I hope it doesnt as i dont have any good pace in the wet and i will probably struggle.

Podium prediction?

1. @Golzy
2. @Tincan394
3. @tough_2_handle

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

8.5/10. Strategy was almost flawless. I stayed out for one lap too many on the mediums which may have cost me a possible podium but from last to 4th was a great effort

Baku is by far my worst track on the calendar. I won't cope in the dry, let alone the wet

Podium prediction?
1. @tough_2_handle
2. @Tincan394
3. @JebeFIN

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
P7 again and more points - but very, very unhappy with my driving tonight....

Qualifying: BOTTLED IT

Start of tonight's theme. Made some last minute set-up tweaks which, for the 3rd race weekend in a row, gave me the pace to fight for the top spots in qualifying, so could have found myself joining @Tincan394 @Golzy and @tough_2_handle in that super-tight fight for pole position.

Until I crunched the wall at the castle section that was......

First crash of my season funnily enough - so much for my crash laden reputation I got saddled with by my league friends eh? :p

Race: P7

This "should" have gone much, much better than it did for me tonight - only myself to blame.

Managed to avoid some of the first lap carnage which left me fighting with @DON SILVA and a few others in the early exchanges before the rain came down on just the second lap! (Mistake 1 of my race - selecting softs instead of the faster super softs.)

Then things turned to **** very quickly in the pit-stops - Mistake 2 was not selecting the Inters for my stop and instead ended up taking on mediums, costing me a pitstop and a front wing en route to coming back in for a second time. From there, despite actually having the fastest car (aside from @Tincan394 who unfortunately had the fortune of Valtteri Bottas immediately after his stop for inters), I had a number of stupid errors in my race craft which should have been avoidable - crunched a few front wings and took two very silly corner cut penalties worth 20 seconds. At lap 20 I think it was, I was seriously thinking "quit, nae point in bothering now" but carried on in case anything happened.

Sure enough, a clusterfuck of retirements later in one lap and I was P7 - more points to the tally but in all honesty not at all happy with how I raced today - not the standards of AOR I feel. Worse still for me? Spain is the next race I do believe - haven't got a prayer.

Reactions: S40TYD

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
My race went from very good to absolutely awful in the space of 10 laps. 5 pit stops. I panicked after making a mistake at T2 and losing about 20 seconds. It made me think it was time for wets when in actual fact, the inters were quicker in full wet conditions. Codemasters logic

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
My race went from very good to absolutely awful in the space of 10 laps. 5 pit stops. I panicked after making a mistake at T2 and losing about 20 seconds. It made me think it was time for wets when in actual fact, the inters were quicker in full wet conditions. Codemasters logic
I did wonder why you pitted to wets..i was doubting my own strategy then, unlucky bud.

Sneaky24-7Ninja

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 17, 2017
Q: P7

R: P2
Held position through the first few corners on lap 1. Within very few laps people started making mistakes in front and before I knew it near the start of the inters stint I found myself P3 chasing down @JebeFIN. He pit and I continued hoping to maybe take my tyres to the end however with 4 laps left I had to play it safe to avoid a potential puncture. With @Thomasbrxwn's late retirement I ended up P2 for my first AOR podium!

Last edited:
Reactions: DON SILVA

tough_2_handle

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 5, 2018
Q: 2nd - Same tume as pole but I scored my time after @Tincan394 and 0.020 better than @Golzy

R: So hyped after such a close quali, had wheelspin, again, down to third but kept my head down and stayed within 1 second of Tincan and Golzy. Golzy spun in lap 4 at turn exit (sorry for him but good news to us). Then rain came and Tincan took his chance by going 1 lap earlier to inters. I stayed out planning to pit a lap later as I still had grip but like usual codies jump in - grip suddenly disappeared in turn 3. Lost half a wing and as they say “when it rains, it pours” .. **** started, lost my focus. Down to 7th, then back to 3rd. Another driver error, pitted to change it and get fresh inters. They gave me wets. Tried to keep up with 4th. Rain eased up, another driver error, another wing change. Tried to bring it home in 6th then the worst happened.. a car crashed after the fast left hander kink before turn 14 .. tried to avoid him, locked up and I was a passenger in my trip to kiss the wall .. with 2 laps to go I would have take 5th happily after all my carnage .. so frustrated. 2 races from 3 not finishing hurts that early in th season though standings wise did not loose much

Anyways, footage later this Tuesday

Off Bahrain I guess

Golzy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Nov 20, 2017
Q - p3. Couldnt get out for 2nd run because i was low on fuel on my in lap. Idiot.

R - DNF. massive bottle on lap 4 turn 1. Caught kerb and nearly lost rear, but accidentally downshifted to 2nd. Made my way back upto 5th or 6th in wet. Had to avoid vectro666 on the S curves onto main straight and hit the right wall. Pitted for wets and front wing because i thought it was borderline, bad move. Totally lost rear on T15 and race over. Gutted as its where im fastest and most confident. Oh well on to bahrain.

BenJS1244

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 14, 2018
Q- 1st did well and lucky to get lap in before @tough_2_handle as both has same lap
R- DNF got good start and kept it ahead of @Golzy but then the rain started. Broke my front wing at end of lap 3/4 can’t remember but pitted same lap ended up behind Jesse and Thomas and after 1 or 2 laps on inters I lost back end in last little turn before straight and then it sent me to wall And it was over then

Hope to return well for Bahrain next week

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
Q: P14
R: DNF

Comments: Honestly don't have much to say, was sick all weekend, didn't allow me to practice enough at a track I'm not particularly happy, and wasn't fully recovered. Big mess at quali meant I didn't even put in a lap which was a shame, but the race got even worse, as I couldn't adapt to the car, and when the rain came I couldn't keep it in the road. Once I was pretty much dead last and lapped, started to get some pace following Sneaky, but eventually I put it in the wall where Grosjean did in real life in the weirdest way possible, but it was kinda funny to see James do that mistake laps later. It was good serving as engineer to Sneaky though, maybe a hint as to what I should really be doing :rofl:

See you in Bahrain.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Awful awful awful.