PC - Round 3 - Azerbaijani Grand Prix [29/04/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 3 - Azerbaijani Grand Prix [29/04/18 8:00pm]

thomasooo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 31, 2018
Forgot to post the times yesterday, will post when I get home today so our coordinator can fill in the Results properly.

EversVincent

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 21, 2017
you know it was a pretty good race for me(even though i lost 3 front wings) but at the start of the race i said please be safe on going in the inside of someone in turn 3 the next thing you know callmemagic goes on my inside in turn 3 lap 2 wrecking me in the wall lost front wing almost my wheel so guys keep it clean please. and @Menete that was close man i was catching about 1.5 seconds a lap the last 8 laps but still 12 seconds split is up(wouldn't be if i didn't crash).

Jordy van Oosten

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 12, 2016
I thought something hit me from behind. But like my comment above, i had issues. On my screen nobody was actually behind me (you were in front of me), but i got a speed boost while turning in whilst nobody behind.
aah okay, is saw one of the force india jumping all over the place, i didnt had any problems with others (as far as i could see for the three corners i was able to drive) but simple connection issue it was then

Menete

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 28, 2017
you know it was a pretty good race for me(even though i lost 3 front wings) but at the start of the race i said please be safe on going in the inside of someone in turn 3 the next thing you know callmemagic goes on my inside in turn 3 lap 2 wrecking me in the wall lost front wing almost my wheel so guys keep it clean please. and @Menete that was close man i was catching about 1.5 seconds a lap the last 8 laps but still 12 seconds split is up(wouldn't be if i didn't crash).
"jeff" told me that you are faster 2 sec per lap but it was already late, even with the damaged wing ,changed two times the wing ,this is Baku, as in real life
For me it was a good race, arriving home 10 min before the race start,no time for practice and setting the pedals and wheel right, the result was lucky because of the ones who crashed and retire.

Jordy van Oosten

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 12, 2016
hey guys! im opening a public lobby running 5 lap races from all of the calendar.
- random weather
- random tracks
- random start time
- one shot qually

opening lobby at 12:00 (uk time) / 13:00 (amsterdam time)

hope to see you there,
add me on steam if you want to join

Last edited:
Reactions: willv

Reprimanded

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
The race from yesterday was a big disaster. I had huge connection issues during my very short race. Cars teleporting everywhere.

I was wondering if it was just me or more had this issue? Last week a lot of you complained about it when i was the session host, so if it's only me i know it has to do something with my connection. I know the provider did change something after the first week.
I had de-sync issues all through the race (I'd be behind a car on the straight who would stop right in front of me and we'd crash but no damage etc.), so you weren't the only one.

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
Forgot to post the times yesterday, will post when I get home today so our coordinator can fill in the Results properly.
Cool, thanks Thomasooo. If you can send me the screenshots of the qualification times as well as the race results (with and without penalties if you happened to take multiple screenshots) I can add them to the table.

Seems there were still some de-sync issues yesterday? Would anyone who is based in Europe and has a good internet connection like to volunteer to host next week's race? Seems the two we've tried so far were not completely lag free for the league.

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
Ok, results table has been updated. @James 3141 - This was your second uninformed race absence. One more results in a complete blacklisting from the AOR leagues. I would highly recommend that you inform me in the appropriate race thread of an absence, or inform me that you're no longer interested in participating and we can have your spot filled in the league with someone who will be participating.

There's a 36-hour limit on submitting stewards enquiries, so if anyone had any incidents during the race that you have footage or proof of - please submit an enquiry in the stewards forum. This helps increase the driving level of the leagues as well as helps the coordinators track who is a problematic racer and who is not.

thomasooo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 31, 2018
@DannyTard Maybe some explanation on why you were so much ahead at the end of turn 2: I got a warning and a message that i need to give a position back to a ferrari at the start. we collided with the front wheels but from my POV it didnt look spectacular nor critical at all. so i waited but the ferrari never showed, he mustve spun out and crashed, thats why i lost several positions at the start, but regained them during the race. the 5 second stop go penalty didnt hurt in the end so everything good...

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
From the Race Classification section of the League Information post, https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/league-information-aor-f1-2017-leagues-season-15.31503/#post-525005:

DNF:
Drivers who complete less than 90% of the race distance will be classified as DNF (Did Not Finish) in the race results, and will score 0 points regardless of their final position.

Drivers who complete more than 90% of the race before accidentally crashing out or getting disconnected (without re-joining the session to resume control of their car before the end of the race) will be classified as a finisher, but will only be credited with the amount of laps they completed in control of their car, even if the driver's AI car makes it to the end. Points will then be scored as per the system above.

Jordy van Oosten

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 12, 2016
Cool, thanks Thomasooo. If you can send me the screenshots of the qualification times as well as the race results (with and without penalties if you happened to take multiple screenshots) I can add them to the table.

Seems there were still some de-sync issues yesterday? Would anyone who is based in Europe and has a good internet connection like to volunteer to host next week's race? Seems the two we've tried so far were not completely lag free for the league.
Hey man, ill host next race if neccesary. I have a good connection

Kevin Kalt

Formula Karter
Aug 31, 2017
Bullshit Race for me...

I only practiced 1h on sunday and had lower expectations then usual.

Quali was ok, i got P4.

Race was ****. My start was ok, but i got hit in the reaar in turn 1, spinning me out an causing frotn wing damage. But since 10 people crashed in turn 3 i was back to p6 after lap 1.

I could manage the gap to the first 5 people, even with an orange front wing i could manage the gap. I was very confident that i can make a charge for the podium on the 2nd sstint with a new wing.

Suddenly after 6 laps my game closed bacause of steam connection.

Im pretty disappointed. I didnt had a single issue during the entire last season in terms of crashes. Pretty disappointig cause i think i had the speed for a podium in china and baku.

DannyTard

S15 AOR PC F9 Champion
Jan 12, 2018
@DannyTard Maybe some explanation on why you were so much ahead at the end of turn 2: I got a warning and a message that i need to give a position back to a ferrari at the start. we collided with the front wheels but from my POV it didnt look spectacular nor critical at all. so i waited but the ferrari never showed, he mustve spun out and crashed, thats why i lost several positions at the start, but regained them during the race. the 5 second stop go penalty didnt hurt in the end so everything good...
ahh ok tom thanks