Round 3 - Bahrain Grand Prix
F1 2015 Season 11 - PC Split 1

Race Information:

Date: Sunday 1st May 2016
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Bahrain International Circuit
Laps: 29
Host: @Andrei Codreanu

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Informed Absence:
- @Verney
- @Saiko
- @JamieFoppele
- @Birkoff

Uninformed Absence:

-

Last edited:

Verney

Pro Karter
Mar 24, 2016
still dont know if il be able to make this race, still nursing a head injury and cant wear a headset due to stitches in my head. il try and do some practice tomorrow and see how it goes.

• Informative
Reactions: Andrei Codreanu

Dashima

Pro Karter
Feb 12, 2015
still dont know if il be able to make this race, still nursing a head injury and cant wear a headset due to stitches in my head. il try and do some practice tomorrow and see how it goes.
Get well soon buddy! Thats really nasty to hear :unsure:

BergheVonTrips

2-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Jun 22, 2015
Wohoo! 2nd win of the season. Mega lap in qualifying, 3 tenths faster than anything I've ever driven here before. Start worked out fine again, but this time I had Filip following me until the first stop on lap 8. I made the switch to primes, while Filip chose the option tyre again. Of course he was eating me up on the softer rubber and was able to get past me down the start/finish straight. However, I managed to stay within a second due to slipstream and DRS. Apart from that, his tyres were done after 8 laps. I stayed out until lap 20 and pitted for fresh options again. Filip made the undercut work, so he was some 3 seconds ahead but I was catching him quickly. For some reason he went into the pits again, which robbed us of an interesting battle for the win. After that I was just trying to bring the car home in one piece.

Looking forward to racing you guys in Spain. Hopefully, we'll have more than 11 people taking part.

Reactions: Dashima

Dashima

Pro Karter
Feb 12, 2015
Pretty dissapointing race from my side. Lots of mistakes and was suffering from low and unpredictable frame rate so driving was very unenjoyable. Hopefully a better race next time.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
Here is also my video of the qualifying and race, but there is not much to see, as besides a great start, after being taken out completely in turn 2, I was already almost 1 minute behind on Lap 2 (crash, driving one lap without a wing + extra pit stop), so nothing could be done anymore. Otherwise at least P2 was a no-brainer, with good chances to fight for the win: