Jan 14, 2014
Round 3 - Bahrain Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 15th October 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Bahrain International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @ApplePhysics
- @aeN
- @JamieFoppele
- (@TheVerenzak)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Andrei Ivan

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Sorry this one is a day late guys, didn't have any time yesterday to take of it. Having to do all this from a youth hostel in Liège with terrible wifi isn't making it any easier :p

ApplePhysics

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2017
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this due to family commitments. Hopefully you all understand.

Have a good race, guys!

• Informative
Reactions: TheVerenzak

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Unfortunately won't be able to make this one, because of a last minute change of plans.

@Snarf Snarf will be the one in charge tonight, so make sure you add him on Steam (also a good idea to have the host @Jipper on your friends list). Don't make it too difficult for him, but I believe in you all to run it by yourself without any problems :)

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
Qualifying:
After an intense qualifying at Bahrain, with only a gap of 1.000 seconds from 1st to 11th, I managed to qualify 4th right behind my championship rival @Lamp.

Qualifying Lap: 1:29.314

Race:
A decent start on the start/finish-straight but I dropped from P4 to P6. After just Sector 1, I managed to retake my position and fighting for P3 against @Jipper.
My strategy for this race was a 1-stop, starting on the Super-Softs and pitting for the Mediums. Which meant I had to take care of my tyres at the start of the race, which I didn't, due to an intense battle with @Jipper for P3.

At Lap 12 it was finally time for my 1 and only pit stop. As soon as I entered the pits, my game unfortunately crashed and went from provisionally P4 to P17.
When I retook the (slowly) AI, who was driving my car, I was finding my inner Michael Schumacher.

After just 3-4 laps I was in the points, with around 12 laps to go. I passed another 5 cars within 3 laps and was right behind the Williams: @Cheeese. In @Cheeese advantage, he was on the Super-Soft tyres and I was on old Mediums. Fighting each other for over 5 laps + another gained position against @schumizeu, it was now a fight for P4 (which was my qualifying position).

Luckily for me, @Cheeese had a 3 seconds penalty and I managed to get P4, after over 10 laps of battling from P17.

"I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher #KeepFightingMichael

Qualifying:
4th Position.

Race:
4th Position.

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q-9th
R-9th

I couldn't get a decent lap together today, I was getting consistent low 1:29s in practice.

I got a bad start and was too cautious on the first lap and ended up losing a lot of places. My only real mistake today was tapping the back of @MAGNUSSEN's car on my in lap and having to change my front wing, but apart from that, I consistent race. My POV is below:

Last edited:
Reactions: TheVerenzak

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Another finish, once again no points... This is gonna be a difficult season :p

Qualy: P15
Didn't expect to back on time, so had no practice at all going into the race. Did only one lap, in which I was being quite careful. So only did a 1:31.0, which, unsurprisingly, meant I set the slowest time.

Race: P13
Started on the S, and wanted to do S - SS - SSHad a pretty decent start and gained a few positions. Got screen freezes again, which lost me some time at the end of L1 and than on L3 I got another freeze in the middle of a corner, lost the car & slammed the wall. So had to lump back to the pits.
Went onto another set of Softs. Was in last, which was no surprise. Tried to catch up to the guys in front, but just was too slow.
Got another screenfreeze and turned of my recording (which seems to be the cause).
Was just driving by myself basically all race. Made a stop on L18 and went onto the SS.
Again, just driving by myself for the full stint. Not being able to catch up to the cars in front. In the end I ran out of fuel on the penultimate straight.

Between now and the next race I'll be moving into a new place. Not sure how good my internet connection is going to be there. But, I should have more time to do practice and hopefully get up to speed a little bit :p

Reactions: Ronnin1978

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Q6th
R6th
Had a pretty good Qualy lap. had a couple of tenths or so left in the lap but made a mistake and ran deep in 1 corner,

The race was intense most of the time with lots of battling, Had a great start off the line from 6th and found myself in 4th after the 1st corner, Tried to challenge @Lamp for 3rd but at he end of sector 2 made a mistake and missed hte opportunity, after the first lap i was fighting with @Flips for a good few laps for 3rd place (a car ahead had crashed out) i pitted on lap 7 and went for the undercut which was successful against flips initially but his 1 stopper eventually got hte better of my strategy of the course of the race, there was a few different pit strategy's all which seemed to be faster than my own (Supers - Soft - Soft) and so over the course of the race was losing time and actually crossed the line in 8th, but due to penalty's retained the 6th position.
It was a tough battle with @TwoFiftySix for 7th in the final quarter of the race but eventually he got he better of me on my wearing tyres. i had a pretty good battle with @Cheeese midway through the race too but made a mistake on the awful left hand braking hairpin and went very wide, lost the position

but all in all, a good race and had fun.

Last edited:

TwoFiftySix

Formula Karter
Sep 3, 2017
Quite a good race, after seeing that my training in the last week didn't really go that well.
Qualifying was pretty bad, didn't even make it into the top ten. I expected tenth at least, got eleventh. Had a very good start where I gained three positions despite going deep into the first corner. Had some very nice battles with @MAGNUSSEN and @Cheeese in the first stint. Unfortunately my game tabbed out, and I lost about 10 seconds or more. After starting on the SS, i pitted for SS again, and had a very good stint battling @schumizeu on his M tires. I pitted for S next, completing my race whilst battling @schumizeu again as well as @Jipper. Managed to overtake both, but due to two corner cutting penalties (+6 secs) both finished in front of me in the result unfortunately. P8 is still a better result than P9, which was my finishing position in China. Getting better and better everytime.

If you want to take a look at my rocket start and some battles, take a look on my POV below:

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Quite a good race, after seeing that my training in the last week didn't really go that well.
Qualifying was pretty bad, didn't even make it into the top ten. I expected tenth at least, got eleventh. Had a very good start where I gained three positions despite going deep into the first corner. Had some very nice battles with @MAGNUSSEN and @Cheeese in the first stint. Unfortunately my game tabbed out, and I lost about 10 seconds or more. After starting on the SS, i pitted for SS again, and had a very good stint battling @schumizeu on his M tires. I pitted for S next, completing my race whilst battling @schumizeu again as well as @Jipper. Managed to overtake both, but due to two corner cutting penalties (+6 secs) both finished in front of me in the result unfortunately. P8 is still a better result than P9, which was my finishing position in China. Getting better and better everytime.

If you want to take a look at my rocket start and some battles, take a look on my POV below:

I was trying so hard to keep you behind me on lap 27! but you made a good move and i just didnt have the tyres to match the pace you had at all!

Until next time :sneaky::sneaky:

Reactions: TwoFiftySix

R.A.J.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Well
Qualifying, got 10th on first attempt then got boned on the second attempt as I was being Canadian and getting out of someone's way as they were heading into the first corner and got a this and next lap penalized corner cut. So much for being nice.

Race got a great start, made my way to 7th from 10th slowed down into the first corner as did the guys in front of me, unfortunately the guys behind didn't and I got mugged and ping ponged around and went from 7th to 17th in one corner. So once again it was a case of how high can I recover too.
Car felt great and passed a few along the road to recovery was just lacking top end speed.
Spent pretty much the entire last stint behind @Andrei Ivan tormenting him but not being able to get past, was fun though and that is what counts.

Also in the video I have edited in my EKSIMRacing VDASH-EMU display that I have running on a second computer.

Cheers

Last edited:

Cheeese

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 30, 2017
Not too happy with the way this season has started but maybe this race was a turning point, crashed in qualy appeared to be the best thing for me as I started at the back which gave me the determination to do well went from p17 - p5

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Stewards enquiries

Only one enquiry opened this week, good to see after the amount of enquiries we had in China :)

ENQUIRY - The incident between @MAGNUSSEN and @schumizeu on L8 has been closed with No Further Action, with a reminder to be more aware of potential desync and lag issues.
The incident between @MAGNUSSEN and @Flips has been closed with a 5 second time penalty and 7,5 penalty points for @Flips - as a result @Cheeese will be classified in 4th and @Flips will be classified as 5th in the Bahrain race results.