XB1 - Round 3 - Bahrain Grand Prix [15/10/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 3 - Bahrain Grand Prix [15/10/17 8:00pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
FIFA Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
I agree. It's great that were all being pushed by multiple people. There's a lot of quick guys in this league. A great championship to come I think

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
7 of us are all capable of winning. All of whom have had a podium. We've had 3 different winners, 3 different polesitters, 3 different 2nd places and 3 3rds too.

I kind of want it to stay like this for the season but then again I would not want to end up finishing 7th in the championship.

In terms of my race: Qualified 11th which meant i could start on mediums but obviously that didn't end up meaning a lot because I got hit by someone and crashed.
Everyone has bad parts of the season hopefully mine was today

Atticus

F1 2010 Season 1 Veteran
May 4, 2015
Did you watch the last 5 laps between myself, atticus and badmanz?
Well done on the win.

I'm annoyed I didn't win, I made 1 mistake and got stuck on the wall which lost me 10s. So to make up time setting the fastest lap and only finishing 3.5s behind I guess I can't be mad. I'll do a full race run down tomorrow.

i will say those last 9 laps where really intense

Reactions: Meks Unseen

davrath

Pro Karter
Dec 10, 2016
Well, that was kinda funny race. Came home an hour before the race without charged pad, setting 3 laps with new setup before the lobby was started.

In addition, during the Q I realised that Im not able to capture anything, because that xBox capturing **** was full. All right, I managed to make a "capture device" made from a mobile (it was fixed with 2 remote controls and an extra pad battery if something goes wrong). Unfortunately, it had only 20% of battery left. Managed to make a video from like first 15-20 laps. Quite decent.

Due to no practice I was constantly slow and unable to make Turn 9 without bottling it like once in 2-4 laps. Gonna take that 2 points tho.

Anyway, congrats top 3, especially my teammate @Meks Unseen, as we are in the Constructors now (if I am able to score some points lol)!

Meks Unseen

Reigning S14 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
May 15, 2017
Well done on the win.

I'm annoyed I didn't win, I made 1 mistake and got stuck on the wall which lost me 10s. So to make up time setting the fastest lap and only finishing 3.5s behind I guess I can't be mad. I'll do a full race run down tomorrow.

i will say those last 9 laps where really intense
Yeah I knew you were leading and knew how quick you are I just had to hope you made some sort of mistake for me to capitalise on and my prayers got answered, looks like could be a good battle with us I look forward to it
[DOUBLEPOST=1508104241][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, that was kinda funny race. Came home an hour before the race without charged pad, setting 3 laps with new setup before the lobby was started.

In addition, during the Q I realised that Im not able to capture anything, because that xBox capturing **** was full. All right, I managed to make a "capture device" made from a mobile (it was fixed with 2 remote controls and an extra pad battery if something goes wrong). Unfortunately, it had only 20% of battery left. Managed to make a video from like first 15-20 laps. Quite decent.

Due to no practice I was constantly slow and unable to make Turn 9 without bottling it like once in 2-4 laps. Gonna take that 2 points tho.

Anyway, congrats top 3, especially my teammate @Meks Unseen, as we are in the Constructors now (if I am able to score some points lol)!
Yeah haha keep getting some consistent points and we are in this especially if I can keep finishing on the podium

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: davrath and Atticus

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Gonna just try and forget this one. Points are points but that was a **** poor race on my part.

Quali: Happy with the lap putting me in P4, definitely felt there was room to improve.

Race: Lost a position off the line and into the first corner. A slight touch in that corner but nothing bad. Then wasn't paying enough attention and put my car into the back of a Force India I believe. Tagged the front wing so I had to pull in and get that replaced. Then I completely bottled the strategy and went onto supers again instead of mediums like I should have. That was the end of the race, really lonely from there on in P10. Only got close to davrath after he pitted but he was pulling away too fast with fresh tires.

A weekend to forget for sure. Cheers to the clean racing at the front, it sounded like a fun one up there!

K04

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 23, 2017
So so so so so so so peed off with what happened.

The game lagged twice in quali, once on an outlap and then again on my second flying lap, so that with me messing up my first run meant a lower quali position then I could have had.

Made a good start to the race, made 1 or 2 places into turn one, then kept cautious through two, noticed someone on the left had a moment so floored it, then got squeezed between two cars and thought that was it but luckily we all survived. I was running quite well slowly catching those ahead after a car that kept lagging spun.

Then last corner, the game froze/lagged/de synced im not sure what but when it fixed itself i had no chance of correcting and nearly collected my team mate as I spun into the wall and out of the race.

To say I was annoyed was a bit of an understatement.

Sounds like I missed a cracking race, looking forward to the next one, and any social races we have before then :)

Reactions: davrath

MurphysLawl

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 18, 2017
Well, that could of been much worse.

Stalled it at the start, mistimed it and loss a bunch of positions. Overall, I figured I had a 6th place car so 7th is a salvageable finish for me.

Sorry to Krish who I saw wrecking, spinning and almost barrel rolling off the last turn. I think he was lagging and just came out of nowhere so I guess I hit him. Apologies for ruining his race.

K04

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 23, 2017
Well, that could of been much worse.

Stalled it at the start, mistimed it and loss a bunch of positions. Overall, I figured I had a 6th place car so 7th is a salvageable finish for me.

Sorry to Krish who I saw wrecking, spinning and almost barrel rolling off the last turn. I think he was lagging and just came out of nowhere so I guess I hit him. Apologies for ruining his race.
I don't think you hit me, as soon as my game sorted itself out I was already spinning so don't worry, I saw you and just tried to avoid you as best I could, 1st rule dont take out your team mate :p

MurphysLawl

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 18, 2017
I don't think you hit me, as soon as my game sorted itself out I was already spinning so don't worry, I saw you and just tried to avoid you as best I could, 1st rule dont take out your team mate :p
Yeah that was such a weird sequence because all of a sudden I look behind and see you careening toward the wall.

Felt bad for 5 seconds until I had to brake for turn one. Still a bummer tho.

Atticus

F1 2010 Season 1 Veteran
May 4, 2015
Right here is my race report.

Qualifying:

I knew i had the pace to get a 1:29 if i just kept it together and had a good lap. Went out on my first run and ran a little wide on turn 2 and my lap got DSQ so i powered round as fast as i could as i knew i didn't have much time to do another run and i wanted to try and get 2 runs in at least. I got back to the pit changed tires for a fresh set of SS then headed out.

First, run put me 3rd i think with a low 1.30. I didn't have enough time to get back to the pits so i continued on for a second lap. I pushed as hard as i could and it paid off with me getting a 1:29.8 for my first pole on AOR in years.

Race:

I got a good start and held my lead going into turn 1. To be honest i thought i had the pace to pull away from the field but i wasn't expecting Badman and TRSL Brown to have such strong pace. I got a 1.1-second lead when DRS became active so i knew at least Badman didn't have that. We were basically matching pace for the first 8/9 laps. I managed to get my SS to last the longest I've ever be able to do pitting on lap 11/12. Badman tried the undercut and when i came out the pits on fresh Soft tires we where side by side. He was on SS so i put the engine in High fuel mix and pushed to use the fresh tires to make up for the difference in tyre compound.

Lap 13 and he was still on my tail. I could see that BigBadpopadom was coming up to be lapped. Coming out of turn 2 he was in the middle on the track so i went to the inside thinking he had seen me. He hadn't and as i came along side he moved to the right and we made contact. luckily it was tyres to tyres which meant there was no damage and i didn't lost more than a tenth.

I was pulling a good lead but my tires where getting worn and coming out of turn 8 i got on the gas a little bit too early and did a half spin. The kicker was i got stuck on the wall and had to reverse :/ meaning i lost 10 seconds...

Ok no i was mad. So i thought hell to it im gonna put the engine in high and push i didnt care how much fuel i burnt or how much wear i was gonna get on the tyres. I pushed and pushed and pushed. I was in 3rd place with 9 laps left. It was now time to pit for SS and my final stint.

So i was in 3rd coming out of the pits with around a 8 second gap to second. I dont think ive ever pushed so hard in a race before. Me and brown where catching badman at a good pace. When they started to fight for the lead i pushed again closing the gap to only 3s on lap 28 of 29 Brown made a move for the lead and it stuck. In my mind i was gutted as i wanted them to either crash or fight so hard it meant i could over take them both but it didnt happen. Coming onto lap 29 i had DRS and was about 5 tenths behind Badman in second. Coming down the main straight i knew i had to make a move. I knew i had the tyres and the grip to brake late so i only just managing to get the car stopped for turn 1. I parked it on the apex which meant Badman couldnt get on the gas before i did. I punched it and managed to get away.

I guess i should be happy with 2nd and only 3.5 seconds behind the leader. But i cant help feeling what could have been if i hadn't lost those 10 seconds...

To be continued