PC - Round 3 - Bahrain Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 3 - Bahrain Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulB1991

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jul 4, 2015

I did say wait till Bahrain for everyone to be back and boy was I right! Makes a change that I could keep up with and catch Nukka unlike last season :p Fantastic racing from everyone again, not like the Social on Saturday night "COUGH COUGH"

Edit - Mustn't forget @acerees either, the battling between me, him and Nukka was pretty fantastic while it lasted too!

Also had a scary moment coming out onto the back DRS straight where I thought my wheel had screwed up again, the wheel helped with the correction though.. decided to turn full right lock even before I had, everybody hide they're starting to learn!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jens Maul

BiffKakan

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 25, 2016
Good race everyone!

I had som nice battles with @Scott_Aitchison and @Jens Maul :)
Overall I'm happy with my own performance, except when I got a little excited and dived on @Jens Maul :S

Some misscommunication between me and the pitstaff saw me doing a 3-stop instead of the planned 2-stop.. (I forgott to change the tyre-type :p) That cost me around 20 sec, but you live and you learn!

Looking forward to the next race already! And congratz to @Nukka for winning the race (y)

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
Good to be back! ;)
Great race, solid quali and a good start which im happy with. Some good battles with @PaulB1991 but overall not that much action. Our pace was quite similar, so couldnt afford any mistakes. Have a feeling that this will be a fun season! :)

Highlight movie:

YouCantTouchThis

Pro Karter
Apr 10, 2016
Good to be back! ;)
Have a feeling that this will be a fun season! :)
I love your sense of humor :D you 2 finished more than half a minute ahead of everyone else so it will be a boring championship for everyone else... bugger off to League 1 ;)

Jens Maul

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 13, 2015
Well... what a race. Qualified 2nd, got hit from the back in turn 1, got taken out a second time in lap 1 and lost my front wing, somehow recovered to P4 by doing a two stop (two 14 laps primes stints).

The incident in turn 1 with @YouCantTouchThis is already cleared, but you should better stop rage quitting every race.

But @Punisher, I want to know why you took me out in lap 1 and didnt wait or at least didnt say anything.
http://gph.to/1rr63Qe
I dont want to put this to the stewards, but if you cant prove it was lag, I will.

Still had some great battles, especially with @BiffKakan, who made my race because I have always enjoyed reading his name "Mumblesmurfen" :p.

My highlights will be up the next few days.

• Funny
Reactions: BiffKakan

YouCantTouchThis

Pro Karter
Apr 10, 2016
Well... what a race. Qualified 2nd, got hit from the back in turn 1, got taken out a second time in lap 1 and lost my front wing, somehow recovered to P4 by doing a two stop (two 14 laps primes stints).

The incident in turn 1 with @YouCantTouchThis is already cleared, but you should better stop rage quitting every race.

But @Punisher, I want to know why you took me out in lap 1 and didnt wait or at least didnt say anything.
http://gph.to/1rr63Qe
I dont want to put this to the stewards, but if you cant prove it was lag, I will.

Still had some great battles, especially with @BiffKakan, who made my race because I have always enjoyed reading his name "Mumblesmurfen" :p.

My highlights will be up the next few days.
After I stopped the recording my game freezed...

• Informative
Reactions: Jens Maul

YouCantTouchThis

Pro Karter
Apr 10, 2016
That happened in the social too, plus the thing in the pitlane with cars being behind or in front of someone and then suddenly disappearing.. it was really odd! That's why I'll be hosting on Saturday (and maybe Sunday) just in case :)
Noticed the thing in the pit aswell. We should try another host...

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
I'm pretty sure it's a 'lag' type thing, I haven't seen it at the start though... when I made one of stops @Jay was right behind me coming out of the pits and then fell way back... Which is odd as both of us have very solid internet... #F12015stillisn'tfixed

Lamoracke79

AOR iRacing Ferrari Season 2 Champion
Mar 27, 2016
Seeing other drivers jumping in pitlane is just a glitch that happens (30 league races in F1 2015 experience). They are not changing where they are, but for some reason you see them in wrong place (they are where they should be on their screen) and the game updates their place when you exit the pits. Starts are lag related issue, where there is really nothing you can do to fix it and it is also completely random who gets launched first and who last. From my experience host naturally always gets the advantage since he has no lag.

PaulB1991

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jul 4, 2015
Seeing other drivers jumping in pitlane is just a glitch that happens (30 league races in F1 2015 experience). They are not changing where they are, but for some reason you see them in wrong place (they are where they should be on their screen) and the game updates their place when you exit the pits. Starts are lag related issue, where there is really nothing you can do to fix it and it is also completely random who gets launched first and who last. From my experience host naturally always gets the advantage since he has no lag.
If that's the case then it'd be better off if @Neil Bywater stayed host then. Don't want any more of a advantage than I've already got :hilarious:

• Kappa
Reactions: allflattious

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
That would make sense, but unless you are in pole it's no advantage. See my video and the start, nearly rammed the Williams because of its 1 second delayed start

Status
Not open for further replies.