Feb 24, 2019
Round 3 - British Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 19

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 22th March 2020
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@EOttoes

Last edited:

Zaack

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 24, 2019
Race pace was fine and I had a really fun battle with @CForbes. I think i need to improve in qualy in order to not get stuck in the drs train hopefully I'll do it in Japan to get the first podium of the season.
Here the highlights:

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying - P18
Not a lot to say. Went out for my first run and unfortunately had @Cubalibre01 in front spin at Becketts. I saw them too late for me to react and just hoped they would ghost. Unfortunately they didn't and I ended up smashing into them and causing us both to retire. Sorry for that Cubalibre.

Race - P13
I opted to start on the Medium tyre due to qualifying outside the top 10. The first lap was going alright considering I made my way to P16, but then at Vale, @dlwarren unexpectedly returned to the racing line. I was unable to stop and unfortunately hit the back of him and damaged my wing. It looked like @Cubalibre01 and @marviiin1412 behind were affected too as on Lap 2, the three of us dove into the pits.

In what was questionably a mistake, I chose to put the Medium tyres on again (while the other two put the Hard tyre on), meaning I'd have to make at least one more stop. I think my thinking behind this was a race I had a few seasons ago but yeah, it didn't work out. Rejoined the track in 17th again and most of the passes I made were when others pitted. I found myself up into P13 by the time I pitted for the second time on Lap 16. Rejoining the track down in P16 on fresh Soft tyres.

Very shortly after I left the pits, the VSC was deployed. Unfortunately not a full Safety Car that I could have very well done with haha. Once that finished, I was onto the challenge of chasing down @HART-Holleben who was 14 seconds ahead. During my chase, I thought I'd have a quick attempt at the fastest lap on Lap 20 which I was able to grab. I continued the chase but to no avail as I finished 10 seconds behind. (7 seconds after their penalty.) So in the end, finished in P13.

Conclusion
I think it's safe the say that this was one of, if not the worst event I've ever been in haha. I didn't even get to do a single timed lap in qualifying and my race was over at the end of the first lap. I definitely could have used a full Safety Car, not to mention perhaps my questionable strategy. In retrospect, had I just put the Hard tyre on, I think I could have grabbed P11 but still, wouldn't have gotten any points. On the plus side, at least I was able to grab the fastest lap! Albeit... I still didn't get any points for that haha!

Here are two video clips of what happened in Qualifying and in the Race:

Reactions: Zaack