Jan 12, 2014
Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 7th May 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Marek

Last edited:

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
Is there actually someone who really likes this circuit?
Anyway, let's see what the weather will be like - I feel like rain is coming pretty often in F1 2016 here.

Reactions: Nukka

Qélon

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 15, 2016
Somehow never really had time to properly practice this track as I wasn't able to attend China in S12. Not sure how I'm going to perform. Very difficult to judge.

Laakso

AOR PC F1 Split 2 & AC Porsche & AEC LMP Champion
Sep 23, 2016
sry but i think i have to skip this race i was in social today and i had lot of stutter for some reason i tried updating drivers and everything and it wasnt going away...
edit!: im gonna try some things to maybe get it working better!

Last edited:

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
Is there actually someone who really likes this circuit?
Anyway, let's see what the weather will be like - I feel like rain is coming pretty often in F1 2016 here.
I like it all except for turn 1 which is great when i you get it right but i have only ever really nailed it a few times in my whole life

• Optimistic
Reactions: ramdrop

Marek

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 4, 2016
Won't be able to take part again, because Thrustmaster thinks "hey let's take our time he doesn't need pedals (send them in 3-4 weeks ago)". I decided to pull out of season 13 if i can't race next week, because i don't want to fill a car someone else could be in. If i pull out i'll be back in F1 2017 for sure.

• Informative
Reactions: FisiFan91

BergheVonTrips

2-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Jun 22, 2015
I oversteered into NickB at the start and then got ping-ponged into the wall. Damaged my fw heavily and after getting a drive through while already being dead last I decided to quit and get some more sleep.

See you all in Russia.

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
What a fantastic start of the season. Chopped off at the start by Berghe with nowhere to hide.

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Firstly thanks for giving me a full time seat, hopefully I can fill @Marco FD shoes. If he should want his seat back, I will yield it to him.

Q: P11, could have improved probably, but didn't do any practice on low fuel until about 7.45 where I did a lap on the Softs expecting a dry race, then when I saw it was a wet race, went out with the supers first, but wasn't prepared for it. Improved to a 34.8 but never got the hairpin at the end of the straight together, so easily a couple of tenths there. But after 1 lap, the supers were dead.

R: Had a great start, saw people spinning and noticed a Renault was bogged down, got alongside @FisiFan91 and I had to get out of it before I took him out :p After a couple of laps and position changes, I was staring at the back of @Knalliee again which is where i stayed for the first stint. Had a couple of looks at various corners where I noticed he struggled and I had better traction. Finally went up the inside at the hairpin, but must have outbroke myself and lost the position.

Saw @Fehler3 pit a lap earlier in our train and I planned to go in a lap earlier than @Knalliee to get the jump on him, but he went in as well :p As various cars pit too, he got held up and so I took over 5th behind @Fehler3 who had undercut us, spent the rest of the stint catching him and checking where he was weaker to push in the final laps to overtake him. I saw my opportunity on the final lap in Turn 2/3 or whatever it is, had the inside and super traction coming out, but as I looked in my rearview, he had got a puncture :( My tyres were near 70%, so just cruised home to bring the Bull in P4!

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Good race for me. Qualified P9 with a pretty solid 1:34.7xx and as per usual was not too confident going into a wet race, but I settled in quite well, kept it clean and gained a few positions in the first few laps from others falling off the track. After a few laps I was in 5th behind @Knalliee and tried to make the move on him towards the end of the lap, but wasn't able to hold it around the outside of the final corner, got a poor exit and @ramdrop slipped past. Then they kept battling a bit while I was busy keeping @Fehler3 at bay behind me.

Fehler went for the undercut in the pits on lap 12, I followed Knalliee & Ram in on the lap after, but then annoyingly I suffered a stupid glitch on the pit entry where the game wouldn't let me accelerate properly towards the speed limit markers, so I lost at least 3-4 seconds there, and additionally got jumped by @Qélon in the box. So was down to 8th on the 2nd stint - tried to find a way through on Qelon but just couldn't do it and he then went and passed Knalliee instead while I made a couple of minor mistakes. Was running about 2 seconds behind Knalliee for a looong time, until a few laps from the end when I was able to close the gap back up.

And then, just like last week, another really exciting final lap occurred, first of all with Fehler getting a puncture (unlucky man) which put me up to 7th, and then at the start of the final sector, Knalliee ran slightly wide through turn 11 and I took the opportunity to sneak under him out of 12 and through 13 while desperately trying to find traction and also trying to avoid understeering into him - got my car ahead onto the straight but had to defend the inside line into the hairpin, and luckily I picked a good braking point to make the move stick for 6th place!

Solid points on the board after a pretty tough start to the season, and of course very happy to see @Ycoms fight at the front and get a podium as well, taking Manor up from 8th to 4th in the constructors!

Also congrats to @NickB & @F.Donoso on your results and awesome race at the front, and cheers to the guys I was battling for a good race. Cya in Spain :)

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Oh damn, it has been quiiiiite a while since I had a race like this, a little annoyed at first straight after the race, but now rather happy than anything else. ;)

Quali was ok, I was in the low 34s all weekend, had one 33 flyer in practice, but front row definitely worked out very nicely.

Start was nice and unfortunate at the same time. For roughly 2 seconds there were yellow flags in T1/2 because of the start crash, unfortunately that was exactly the moment where @F.Donoso went wide and I gained the position, so I got an "illegal" overtake. Since @NickB went through as well straight away I decided to not give the position back according to the game to rather have track position and deal with the stop and go penalty as I was aware it's not removeable once I make a stop. Was actually happy after that to have Nick as the lead car so I could just copy the braking points as I was pretty sketchy in the opening laps. Was able to capitalize on Nick's lock up into the hairping on L7 and took the lead. From then on I tried to push as hard as possible to reduce my penalty before we'd all pit.
Almost 2 seconds coming into the pit-stops was I think not bad. Stayed out longer than Nick and Fab as I would have been in P3 any way after it, so I tried sth slightly different to have better tyres towards the end. Worked out pretty well, got some fastest laps once back out on track and I think with 7 or 8 laps to go we were all within a second, so the battle was on! Ha, guessed wrong, slipstream glitch obviously had to kick in. I also had some bad exits onto the straights, but there were also 3 to 4 laps were I was right behind the 2 of them and I didn't gain anything, Fisi can certificate my annoyance in the skype call. :p Was the same I think though for almost everyone, so yeah, happens. Needed sth to happen up ahead, and on L25 I nearly got both out of the hairpin, but didn't quite get the traction. At least managed to stay ahead of Fab in the following lap on T1-4 as his tyres were gone. After that I tried my absolute hardest to somewhere sneak up the inside of Nick, but he defended very well on older tyres to secure the win, no real chance round the outside of the hairpins. Huge congrats to him and Fab for that battle, extremely clean racing and fun to drive, hopefully we can repeat that at some point this season! :)

Again, very happy with P2, after all it's my first podium since Brazil Season 10! And also with @FisiFan91 doing very well after a weird pit-stop we're now looking much better in both championships. Spain next, historically not a good track for me, but China hasn't been that either before this race, so pfff. :p

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017

Qualifying was okay, I was aiming for a 1.34.5xx - I did a 1.34.6xx which put me in P7 on the grid, that's fine for me.

After the collision in front of me I got P5 and was about to have a good look at the battle for the lead, unfortunately I made some errors which threw me back to P9. I came back to P7 and pitted in lap 12 to do the undercut against @FisiFan91, @ramdrop and @Knalliee which worked perfectly.
After all the pitstops I found myself in P4, @ramdrop came closer lap by lap but couldn't pass me on the straight because of my low wings.
The final lap was horrible.

Reactions: FisiFan91

Knalliee

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 3, 2016
Q: 10th
tried to memorize my setup but it felt horrid just horribele. Well that's what I thought atleast until I came into the race...

I was only changing my brake balance in the race because I forgot to change the brake pressure and I coudn't get used to it. The traction was also blowing no rear and grip at all. Coming up to the backstraight I only could drift that corner. No other way to get trough that damn thing. I tried to cool my tyres on the straights that's why I went so many times to the right. But both times tyres where 93 procent of wear on lap 14. So the last lap was driving on ice, I tried my best to get a nice exit so I could stay in front of Fisi but it wasn;t supposed to be.

A race I've to forget fast! Hope we can get better results next GP