PS4 - Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix [14/10/18 8:00 PM U.K.] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix [14/10/18 8:00 PM U.K.]

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 24, 2016
Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th October 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Mid to high 29s I'd say. 29.7 PB so far, definitely more in it though.

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
I've got some work to do then - think my pb in TT was a low 30

Are there multiple viable strategy options?

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
Also to ALL drivers - please stay off the group chat during qualifying and the race. Again it happened during both sessions.

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 24, 2016
Also to ALL drivers - please stay off the group chat during qualifying and the race. Again it happened during both sessions.
Adding onto this, please keep the gaps between cars on the formation lap close to equal. I don't want to see someone literally just stopping on the formation lap for no reason.

Reactions: Sean B

Lakitu886

Formula Karter
Apr 5, 2017
I won't be able to race today, still at Hockenheim (DTM Finale) and won't be home in time. Have fun everyone

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
Acted like a total bottle job in quali on my one soft lap and hit the wall so started P14

Then the most satisfying race of my life, allowing @TheogGR1 by so I could use his slipstream and DRS to catch the battling pack, then making a few passes before the soft runners pitted. Pushed on with the softs before @Alex Shield make a very dangerous defensive move on the back straight then punted me off at the hairpin. Once I got around him (and he started blocking everyone else with apparent illegal moves!) I slowly made my way forward, getting 3 in one corner as a bit of contact held up @FTR_SergiMtZ , pipmatt and TheogGR. Tried to run down @Guiggs in the final stages but couldn't quite make it.

Good race all!

TheogGR1

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 12, 2015
ahghhh what a frustrating race. My lights went out three seconds after everyone else so was last before the first turn. Started to move my way up and was making some nice overtakes along the way. Was in P5 on lap 23 and was catching @99Pipmatt who was abit all over the place from my pov with a lot of lockups and sliding around. Even though I noticed that for some reason I still braked late into turn 11 and hit the back of him. Sorry mate. Massive shame because even though the bullshit start P3 was definitely possible. Could have been an easy P3 with a normal start.

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
ahghhh what a frustrating race. My lights went out three seconds after everyone else so was last before the first turn. Started to move my way up and was making some nice overtakes along the way. Was in P5 on lap 23 and was catching @99Pipmatt who was abit all over the place from my pov with a lot of lockups and sliding around. Even though I noticed that for some reason I still braked late into turn 11 and hit the back of him. Sorry mate. Massive shame because even though the bullshit start P3 was definitely possible. Could have been an easy P3 with a normal start.

Incredible move on Alex dude

TheogGR1

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 12, 2015
Incredible move on Alex dude
Thanks man, those dummies feel awesome to do. I saw what he did to you at the hairpin.. As for the weaving I think Alex was trying to break the slipstream but if the car behind is close then yeah its not okay. Well done on P4.

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
Thanks man, those dummies feel awesome to do. I saw what he did to you at the hairpin.. As for the weaving I think Alex was trying to break the slipstream but if the car behind is close then yeah its not okay. Well done on P4.
Yeah but I had to back out of the throttle or I would have hit him, I'm talking inches here

The hairpin was bang out of order. Thanks mate appreciate it - early doors wanted to let you go so you could bring me to the mid pack which worked well, not sure I'd have got that close to a podium without it!

• Clever
Reactions: TheogGR1

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Q: P4

Quite a nice lap. Hadn't done all too much running on the soft tyres before the session as I was expecting there to be more ultrasoft runners, but a 31.1 is very respectable I think. Probably had it in me to get into the 30s but pleased to deliver another decent lap for a change.

R: P1

Had quite a sluggish start to the race. @TheMightyBucket- was able to jump @Roadhouse into P2 and whilst the ultrasofts had the grip advantage I just wanted to keep in touch with the guys in front, hoping that @TheMightyBucket- wouldn't be able to jump @Mikkel Sørensen before I got to him. Luckily it worked out. I was able to pass @Roadhouse after a couple of laps, and opportunistically overtook @Mikkel Sørensen at the exact same time as @TheMightyBucket- did. After following closely behind I had a sniff into turn 2 after he ran slightly wide, but I wasn't able to get myself alongside enough to be on the outside through turns 3 and 4. There was also a little bit of lag at this stage so I was quite cautious. After that though I was able to make a fairly decisive move into the hairpin, and assumed the lead of the race. The soft tyres felt absolutely brilliant so I decided to eek out my stint until lap 12, as did @TheMightyBucket-.

I extended the gap to around 2 seconds before a slightly slow in lap, and what must've been a pretty slow pitstop, as the gap was down to 6 tenths later on that out lap. From there I was able to set a couple of purple laps in a row, and edge @TheMightyBucket- back out of my DRS range. From here I expected that the hard work was done, but I was absolutely wrong. He kept me pushing throughout the race, and at times gained large amounts on me and was able to enter DRS range again. Thankfully I kept it consistent and didn't crack at all, and thankfully I never gave him an opportunity to reclaim the lead. The pace was far superior to anything I had done in practice which is a credit to just how hard I was pushed today. This was also shown in how much the gap increased to the pack behind us, as we must have been comfortably lapping 5+ tenths quicker than them right through this stint.

So it's two wins on the bounce and I take a 7 point championship lead into the break. Bahrain and China are without doubt two of my strongest races on the entire calendar, so it is going to be quite tough to keep this top spot. Especially with races like Azerbaijan coming up which I despise. I'd be very surprised if I could keep this form going but I will certainly be trying my best to make that happen.

GG for an incredible intense race today @TheMightyBucket-, and well done to @Guiggs for picking up a podium. Shout out to @F1_Dan as well for being screwed over by the game and continuing to the very end, deserving much more than his lonely last place.

See you at Baku chaps :D

TheMightyBucket-

Pro Karter
Jul 9, 2018
Good job @DemoN on your win!

Qualifying- P3
My strategy i had planned was to wait out qualifying and see if the top 10 was possible on softs because the ultra soft tyre was a dog in race conditions. With the poor turnout which was a shame I knew softs was a must.

Race:
@DemoN that last stint was disgusting the pace and consistency was a joke... I was easy 0.3 0.4 a lap faster than what I was doing in practice in Grand Prix mode. @TheogGR1 shame about your start lol you looked like you had the pace to fight at the front too unlucky man.

Next stop Baku hopefully someone can end @DemoN 's win streak xD

Reactions: DemoN and TheogGR1

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
No idea what happened, but regarding breaking slipstream:

● Excessive weaving on straights with the purpose of breaking slipstream is not allowed, even if the car behind is not physically close enough to make an overtaking attempt. Weaving in this situation is deemed excessive if the car ahead makes more than two moves across the track on the same straight.
Anyway here's how China went for me:

Qualifying
Set what was supposed to be a slow first lap on Ultra Softs, which ended up being a bit quicker than I expected... So I was then concerned for the rest of qualifying in case no one knocked me out of the top 10 haha, as it became clear that most were going to qualify on the Soft tyre. I was P7 when going out for my last lap on the Soft tyre, which was ruined at T1 when @Alex Shield came out of the pits and blocked me, resulting in me having to avoid him. I carried on to finish the lap but was 6 tenths off my time. I then waited to see how everyone else did and thankfully I did get knocked out of the top 10 to finish P12, meaning I could choose my starting tyre.

Race
Planned to start on the Soft but actually changed my mind and went with the Mediums instead. Looked like a lag start as I didn't set off until a few tenths after others. Saw @F1_Dan break his front wing on the back of @TheogGR1 who had an even later start. Got a bit held up by Dan with his damage but eventually made the pass on the back straight. Managed to defend from TheOG until he passed me on Lap 3.

Nothing else happened until Lap 9 when coming around the final corner, I see @Nexus1011's car (didn't realise it was his at the time) on the side of the track which I assumed was due to a crash, and saw at the bottom of the screen, "@Sean B has left the session." So I assumed it was him who had crashed out. But then the names just kept on coming as I start gaining on the cars of @TheogGR1 and what was actually Sean's car, but both were ghosted. I recognised the signs straight away as I've had it before where I don't get kicked from the race but everyone else has seemingly left. (Aka losing Monaco on the last lap due to it.)
So I quit the race to then realise that no backup invites were sent out, meaning I couldn't rejoin the race... So that was my race over.

So in future, I'll be sure to ask for backup invites now haha...

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Race:
@DemoN that last stint was disgusting the pace and consistency was a joke... I was easy 0.3 0.4 a lap faster than what I was doing in practice in Grand Prix mode. @TheogGR1 shame about your start lol you looked like you had the pace to fight at the front too unlucky man.

Next stop Baku hopefully someone can end @DemoN 's win streak xD
Yeah I was going a similar amount quicker to when I practised. We pushed each other damn hard so really happy I didn't crack under the pressure. You got pretty close at times!

My pace is not race win worthy at all for Baku I'd doubt so not likely to extend much further xD