Jan 14, 2014
Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th October 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @cata82

Last edited:

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Absolutely despise this track. Not expecting any good result from this as I basically hate every single corner this track is made of. It feels like I can't get a single one of them right, including the T4 kink. I'll be happy if I reach the finish line :)

Reactions: earicx

Mali Baćo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 17, 2018
Hopefully we can score some points for Toro Rosso. Looking forward to this one :)

cata82

Pro Karter
Sep 8, 2018
Hi @TheVerenzak, guys, i won't be able to make it tonight. Am having a family situation and just now i became sure i won't be able to race. Therefore good luck to you all and see you in the next one.

P.S.: can't wait to see everybody's Youtube race highlights in the next few days :).

Mali Baćo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 17, 2018
Yes, YES! Fighting for podium and leading the race at one point feels amazing! Finally we have Toro Rosso (and it's a duo) in the points! :D

Video coming soon.

Great battles with @BoomSonK and @earicx :cool:

Reactions: earicx

Billamy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Could've gone better. I expected more of this track. Sadly, the ultrasoft tyre was the end of me. I made a mistake in lap 1 and lost 3 positions. Then the guys on softs were impossible to outpace and I went for the 2 stop. If that crash didnt happen between a Red Bull and a Toro Rosso in the final lap, I wouldnt've finished on the points.

See you all next time!

xDerpOG

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jun 17, 2016
Unfortunately that was a race to forget for me. I overheated my tires massively after my first stop. Then shortly after my 2nd stop the VSC came out and on the lap we restarted I ran into the back of @Ranger and the right half of my front wing was orange and I started to really fall off the lower half of the points and ended up in 16th. I can't say I was expecting much though, this track has never been a strong one for me. It certainly leaves me excited for Baku in a few weeks time. See you all then :)

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Lap 1 shenanigans here.

Sorry to @DwergC I believe, you probably lost wind on me as I saved my near spin, although perhaps I was force into that near spin.

@Ranger see what happened at the hairpin

I had good fun regardless of the finishing position. The stop go for something not so obvious screwed me.

Well done to the podium places.

Frihman

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 1, 2018
What a crazy race!

Even if it went really badly for me, I still had soo much fun. Constant battling for position! Probably could have gotten a couple points had I not been involved in a few incidents, but still, I had great fun, which is the most important part!

Can't wait for next race!

Keep it a bit cleaner next time though! :ROFLMAO:

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
And my race. Q14th ish.

Medium start, bad first lap.

Lead for a few laps before first stop. Back to 8th.

Screwed by safety car and an illegal overtake penalty, both unfair imo.

But a fun race. Could have had point with last lap dramas, but alas not to happen.

Katrer

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 30, 2018
Really good race. We were so close on pace which made it really enjoyable.I started on Us and they were dead after a few laps so i did some mistakes and then i put on some soft tyres, did a lot of catching up with @E4SY, in the last laps @E4SY was tenth and i was eleventh, i got a stutter and i lost the car in the middle sector and then i retired the car. Nonetheless really fun race and i enjoyed every second of it.

BoomSonK

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 9, 2018
For me it was the best race of the 3. My strategy was to start on the Softs and going to the medium during the race. Qualifiying did 1 run on the softs, but my time was bad because someone braked at 250m by the herpin and he wasnt on his hotlap, so I lost some time at that point. Then the race I started on P19. Got a normal start and I was following @Levingston racing line trough the first corner and got a lot of places , I got more speed on the exit and take 2 places. On corner 4 there was an accident with 3 cars and I passed them. When I finished the first round my place was 8th, So got from P19 to P8 in one lap. Further in the race I had some great battles with @Mali Baćo, it was like 5 rounds or something. It was just clean battling so that was a lot of fun. At one point I was leading the race 3 rounds. When i passed that 3 rounds I was going to pit. I fall back to P8 or something and my exit was again for @Mali Baćo. So the battle continued :p. At one point @Mali Baćo made a mistake and I was driving on an Island. I got some good laps and coming closer to 1st place. But I just need to deal with the second place. Overall it was a race with a lot of fun and got a very good result. Now we have DNF-17-2 :p

Hope to see you all at Baku!

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Really enjoyable race for me aswell.

Q: 14th
Really didn't want to be in the top 10, as I knew that would completely ruin my chances for any lucky points. I'm usually quite good with my tyres, but from last seasons I know that I'm really struggling with them on this track.
Before my last run I looked at the times and knew it was quite close, and there were quite a few quick people who hadn't done a proper lap yet. Was up about half a second on my last run, but was still within the top 10. So abandoned the lap and came into the pits.
In the end I could have improved by about 4 tenths and I would've been around P11, but oh well.

R: 7th
Had a pretty decent start, gained a few places. Had a semi-spin after like 2 or 3 laps and lost a few positions. Had a very nice battle in the first stint, a little bit of wheel banging going on. We were basically in a 6-way battle for most of the first 10 laps.
Had a bit of an incident on L9, into the hairpin. Lost a bit of my front wing, but decided to go on for another lap to see how bad it was. It wasn't too bad, it was quite managable but I was close to my pit-window anyway, so came into the pits at L10.

Had good battles from here on aswell, but I was lacking a bit of pace and confidence on the mediums. Found myself in 9th after all the pitstops etc had occured, behind @MrPanda-6 and in front of @E4SY. E4SY was on newer softs, I believe. But I managed to defend fairly well for a little while, until he tapped my rear. Sorry if you were caught off guard by my early braking, old mediums and wanted to be a bit careful.
Got lucky because of the incident in the esses, because that gifted me another two positions. So I came across the line in 7th!

Much much better than what I hoped for. This is my absolute weakest track and I really don't like driving it. Any point would've been awesome, but 7th is almost a miracle :p

Reactions: Mali Baćo

Ranger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 3 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 27, 2014
Dreadful start, dreadful middle and decent finish.
Couple of concerns, the driving on the opening laps is very hectic, I think everyone needs to be more aware of other cars and @MrPanda-6 excessive weaving on the straights but I like to give everyone a chance so will see what Baku has in store.