PS4 - Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix - 14th October 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix - 14th October 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)]

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th October 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Da Eagle
@F1Scotgolf
@DietzgLa2003
@No_Ideas
@Nick-1054

Last edited:

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hate this track, probably because I’m really bad at it. Wish F1 would just get rid of it so I never have to drive round here again. If I finish in the points I’ll be happy.

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Going to be a small grid for this race... podium for Jason? :unsure:

Aaaand I agree with Limaro. Simply not a fan of this track. Turn 1 is unique and great, but other than that it's stale

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Hate this track, probably because I’m really bad at it. Wish F1 would just get rid of it so I never have to drive round here again. If I finish in the points I’ll be happy.

I've just been trying to catch your tt time! Its faster than all my friends in f8 and f7 so I can't say you're really bad at this track. Wish I was as bad as you! Lol.

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
I've just been trying to catch your tt time! Its faster than all my friends in f8 and f7 so I can't say you're really bad at this track. Wish I was as bad as you! Lol.
TT I’m alright, I can restart the Lap a million times, trying to keep the car pointing the right way in a race is where everything goes wrong!

Reactions: chris130256

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Bit quiet in here? How's practise going for everyone? It's goiing to be a difficult race. Strategy isn't clear. One or two stops? I will prob go for one yellow/white although I can only get 36's and 37's with the white tyre. Disadvantage is quali on the yellow seems one second slower than the ultra, so I would be starting way down the grid. I hope we all get through the 1st corner unscathed?

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Bit quiet in here? How's practise going for everyone? It's goiing to be a difficult race. Strategy isn't clear. One or two stops? I will prob go for one yellow/white although I can only get 36's and 37's with the white tyre. Disadvantage is quali on the yellow seems one second slower than the ultra, so I would be starting way down the grid. I hope we all get through the 1st corner unscathed?
One stop starting on the Softs is probably best bet as the Ultras last all of 5 secs here. Doubt you can make up the pit stop time difference when doing the 2 stop either.

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Probably the 1-stopper. The overall pit stop time is sooooo long here due to pit entry. As Limaro said, it would be difficult to make up the time difference. Just end up destroying your tires.

Turn 1 will be fun! :)

ramma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 12, 2018
Times on the softs just aren't looking as good as I'd like, but the ultras are a stretch. May still be possible. I mostly can't get an ideal setup that works on each compound, but this track isn't a favorite. T1 at the start should be a trick.

Reactions: Carbon

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Sadly i wont be able to participate tonight as I am moving house so limaro ill be having some catching up to do in the championship
Disappointing with all the dropouts for this race, but have to capitalise and score as many points as possible!

Reactions: ramma